• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

SoleSurvivor

Oct 27, 2017
F9PT0bf.png

Come on in, guys!

It's that time again. Twice a year, 16-20 Americans hit the beach for 39 days and test their bodies and minds as they compete in challenges and vote each other out with the goal of taking home the title of "Sole Survivor" and the $1,000,000 prize.

On Wednesday, September 25th, 20 new castaways will hit the beaches of Fiji in an attempt to outwit, outplay, and outlast each other using whatever means necessary to sit there at the end for a chance to win it all.

This season's new contestants will be joined by veteran Survivor winners "Boston Rob" Mariano and Sandra Diaz-Twine (the only two time winner.) Only, Rob and Sandra will NOT be competing this time, but acting in a "coach" capacity while still roughing it on their own personal island (the "Island of the Idols") for all 39 days. Probst, Rob, and Sandra have all explicitly stated they are not eligible for the title or prize money. When players are sent to the "Survivor Boot Camp", Rob and Sandra will teach them skills they've deemed valuable to the game, and then compete against them in a challenge to test what they've learned for an advantage in the game, food, supplies, etc. Probst has given them the power to "sweeten the deal" if a contestant is hesitant to prove their merit.

SWm0WfK.png

Join us! Once again, you can claim the title of SOLE SurvivERA. Join our uncapped custom league by signing up for free (using your username so we know who's who) at Tribal-Council.com. Click "Join Private League" when you first login and enter the league code: 74bc35a3965a750f

If you've played before, your login from before will still work. For those new to this - pick any 8 people right away and click save changes. Then on the next step, choose which 5 are starting (earning points) and which 3 are benched. You can keep changing your picks and who is starting until about an hour before the season starts. Better to have picks you don't like then forgetting to sign back in and pick no one at all. The website has a rules category so you can see how points are earned and lost, but honestly - no way to really know how anyone is going to do pre-season. You're mostly just picking faces/personalities that you vibe with.

8pU47Xm.png

The Island of the Idols, and the inclusion of Sandra and Boston Rob as mentors on that island are the only known twists as of pre-season press.

kYzX8Ds.png

1lGL91B.png

zAiPxnt.png
KuGpYlr.png
jJgBrCJ.png
MObxkAB.png
DjMtSV6.png
UCC47rF.png
5Qwzx80.png
vo4HLi4.png
k8WLWSd.png
Nnp2snH.png

yf4P2JI.png

ZY1dTrQ.png
3APyf8D.png
XC2i4Ta.png
R7zKua2.png
CUeCGi8.png
cNUY2Ud.png
yg6E2BI.png
AwnCK6a.png
h9OtHbg.png
VNgbvrq.png

pZHVEN7.png

3Axe1V0.png

Luw0axm.png

aRHDuTz.png

Survivor 38: Edge of Extinction |OT| Where Castaways Attempt to Jump the Shark
Survivor 37: David vs. Goliath |OT| Let's Get Biblical
Survivor 36: Ghost Island |OT| Who names their kid Donathan?
Survivor 35: Heroes vs. Healers vs. Hustlers |OT| Hey look at this octopus

That's it. Got nothin' for ya. Head Back to camp!

Joe

Oct 25, 2017
We'll see. Last season was the first one I flat out skipped since I started watching the show. I'm nervous about this one, since it seems like it's continuing with the annoying gimmicks. Guess I'll just have to see how I'm feeling on Wednesday, and maybe I'll give the pilot a shot.

OP
OP
SoleSurvivor

SoleSurvivor

Oct 27, 2017
We'll see. Last season was the first one I flat out skipped since I started watching the show. I'm nervous about this one, since it seems like it's continuing with the annoying gimmicks. Guess I'll just have to see how I'm feeling on Wednesday, and maybe I'll give the pilot a shot.

I'm hopeful because this premiere is back to 90 minutes and the cast looks really strong on paper. As far as I can tell, this is the most diverse cast since Cook Islands and Fiji. Also, the first season since the very beginning under the new casting team. However, our first "Canadian" has dual citizenship and lives in CT lol.

ChrisR

Oct 26, 2017
Not expecting much from this season but I'll watch it. Probably end up having more fun rewatching older seasons on Hulu lol

Setzer

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
PNW
Just wrapped up watching Australian Survivor a couple days ago so I'm ready for some more. Let's do this!

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So please tell me at some point Boston Rob and Sandra will somehow get into the game itself....
Not in this season. They're mini Jeffs when the players come to visit them w/ access to production knowledge (regarding what schedules are going on, what advantages are being handed out at their pad, etc.)

Deleted member 864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The cast has me interested, and though I'm meh on Rob I'm always here for more Sandra. I have a feeling I'll enjoy this season more than the last.

Although, the sooner we're done with this season the closer we are to 40. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

digit_zero

Oct 27, 2017
I think I'm going to be annoyed at how much Sandra and Rob we have on our televisions this season... but I'm also already fine with it cause it gave me the giant busts of them

OP
OP
SoleSurvivor

SoleSurvivor

Oct 27, 2017
New season starts tomorrow! Don't forget to join our fantasy league before the first episode starts if that sounds at all interesting to you. Makes watching week to week marginally more fun. :) Details of how to join are in the OP.

Grexeno

Sorry for your ineptitude
Oct 25, 2017
So apparently there won't be an opening credits sequence for this season whatsoever.

OP
OP
SoleSurvivor

SoleSurvivor

Oct 27, 2017
So apparently there won't be an opening credits sequence for this season whatsoever.

Assuming there will still be an abbreviated opening at least? Shame, I guess even though recently full intros have only been released online, does that mean this is the first ever season without a full intro created for it? I guess someone Probst doesn't like wins lmao.

Grexeno

Sorry for your ineptitude
Oct 25, 2017
Assuming there will still be an abbreviated opening at least? Shame, I guess even though recently full intros have only been released online, does that mean this is the first ever season without a full intro created for it? I guess someone Probst doesn't like wins lmao.
Presumably CBS suddenly realized "wait, you guys are spending money on an intro that only exists online? Stop that!"

OP
OP
SoleSurvivor

SoleSurvivor

Oct 27, 2017
Premiere day!

One last chance to sign up and draft (or change your picks) for the fantasy league for those interested. Make sure you do so before you're locked out around 7:30 PM EST. :)

Spectromixer , make sure to complete your lineup!

Last edited:

Olaf

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Damn, were still at season 33 in Finland. Have there been any good seasons between 34-38? I don't really have time to watch all the seasons these days.