• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Pikachu

Traded his Bone Marrow for Pizza
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They're calling the secret island girl a dumbass idiot for not attempting to bargain but like, what indication was there at all that that was an option?

Overall I like the cast except for the douches, but one is gone already so that's good.

vypek

Oct 25, 2017
They're calling the secret island girl a dumbass idiot for not attempting to bargain but like, what indication was there at all that that was an option?

Overall I like the cast except for the douches, but one is gone already so that's good.
Yeah, there is nothing that would think to try and see if there is a second option. Its presented simply as "Do you want to do this challenge?" You could only really stumble onto the bargaining.

Oct 2, 2018
... Rob and Sandra hidding behind a panel snickering during tribal is super fucking dumb.

I hate this season already.

Jims

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
... Rob and Sandra hidding behind a panel snickering during tribal is super fucking dumb.

I hate this season already.

It's pretty dumb. There's a reason why people dislike laugh tracks in comedy and this is the Survivors equivalent.

Yes, finally. I have someone to tell me how I should view Elaine and Vince.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Oh damn I forgot this was on. I guess it's too late to join the fantasy league. I gave up on the last season after a few episodes but I'll give this one a chance too.

OP
OP
SoleSurvivor

SoleSurvivor

Oct 27, 2017
One last reminder for those playing fantasy to consider redrafting while there is still time, as well as moving the first boot to your bench if you have them on your roster.

Hoping this week's regular sized episode can keep the momentum going.

peteykirch

Oct 25, 2017
That's BS.

The first episode the lady was like "I don't know if I should do this" and Rob didn't sweeten the pot.

She shows some hesitancy and he sweetens the pot.

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
This is so dumb

"let us bore u and overwhelm u with our lives. Oh u didnt memorize everything? Fuck u, how can u be likeable if u cant bond with us?"

this is such a circlejerk

Jims

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Solid episode. I feel like they kinda gave away Molly's boot when they kept showing Jamal loafing around during the strategy stuff, but it was still a compelling tribal council. I really like that middle swing-vote group of people on that tribe. People like Lauren, Janet, Tommy, and Kellee. The purple tribe has a ton of interesting and varied personalities.

ZiggyPalffyLA

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Los Angeles, California
Vince was super annoying this episode. He gives off such a sense of entitlement and attitude. He's just a bad player. And I can't stand how he always refers to himself as "my ass", he did the same thing constantly in his pregame interviews.

Anyway I liked the episode, I was impressed by Lauren and Tommy and I can see hints of a winner's edit for Chelsea. Molly was a weird choice to vote off because she didn't really do anything wrong besides be complacent. I didn't really like the nerd underdogs vs cool kids the narrative forced though.

This is so dumb

"let us bore u and overwhelm u with our lives. Oh u didnt memorize everything? Fuck u, how can u be likeable if u cant bond with us?"

this is such a circlejerk

wtf is this? Listening is super important in Survivor. They used to have challenges based around remembering details about other players! I really liked the Rob and Sandra stuff this episode.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Molly/Jamal/Jack were clearly being pretty overbearing to the point the others in the majority picked up on it. And Molly was the brains of the three and weakest physically, so they went for her.

llehuty

Oct 25, 2017
Molly/Jamal/Jack were clearly being pretty overbearing to the point the others in the majority picked up on it. And Molly was the brains of the three and weakest physically, so they went for her.
It was the right move for everyone involved. I'm surprised they pulled it off as cleanly as they did.

RepairmanJack

Oct 27, 2017
I feel like they're trying to do what I thought would be impossible and sour me on season 40.

We're going to bombard you with a twist out of nowhere and then feed you a bunch of info without any warning then test you on it. "I remembered 3 things about you! Can you remember the 2 hours of info we threw at you!?" Fuck off...

If this was something that was like 20 days in the game, sure. You're more expecting twists and curves. This is like 4 days in to the game. She probably doesn't even remember her tribemates names yet.

RepairmanJack

Oct 27, 2017
I'm mad Noira is still in the game and Molly isn't...

Though Molly at tribal trying to look at Jason and talk about how she's upset that HE feels like he's on the outs? That's just dumb.

CaptNink

Oct 27, 2017
B.C, Canada
A good blindside still gets me excited after all these years! Great episode - I really like the Sandra and Rob stuff so far.

My only dissapointment: that girl (can't remember her name) found a hidden immunity idol. I was really hoping there were no hidden idols this season. Oh well...

Shodan14

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Truly the island of the trolls. Looks like we're up for more trolling next week.

Too bad about Molly :(

Deleted member 3896

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well, that was a delightful blindside. I'll take a kooky player like Noura over a smug asshole like Molly any day of the week. Maybe this season will be ok after all.

Oct 25, 2017
The show loses a lot of legitimacy when you have a situation where production clearly doesn't want them coming back to camp and spilling the beans about Rob and Sandra.

Jims

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I would guess that Rob and Sandra must be putting that lie out there as an idea they could do. We heard that Sandra helped Kellee tie her hair for the idols, they're clearly chitchatting a bit after playing their little game.

Whole thing is weird, though. The producers clearly don't want a super early reveal, but they're angsty about the audience not knowing why it isn't. Would've respected it more if it were something on the Survivor Oath paper, where the contestant isn't allowed to reveal, or some mechanic like that.

llehuty

Oct 25, 2017
Ugh, I know is going to be inevitable, but I'm going to hate when they start to attribute to Sandra and Rob the good moves someone makes.

RepairmanJack

Oct 27, 2017
How was Molly a "smug asshole"?

Yeah, I was wondering too. Her laughing because Naura was complaining about people not doing stuff while they were all sleeping and she just pointed out that it was ridiculous? I could see seeing the alliance of the three ass possibly smug, cause it seemed like some of that was coming about when they were together or when Jamal was talking to Naura, but I'm confused on her specifically being an asshole.

ZiggyPalffyLA

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Los Angeles, California
Yeah, I was wondering too. Her laughing because Naura was complaining about people not doing stuff while they were all sleeping and she just pointed out that it was ridiculous? I could see seeing the alliance of the three ass possibly smug, cause it seemed like some of that was coming about when they were together or when Jamal was talking to Naura, but I'm confused on her specifically being an asshole.

yeah I'm thinking there's some projection going on there

ReAxion

Oct 26, 2017
backlash to this is what happened to Molly. i'm interested to see how the alliances fall now in that tribe. like, they were getting a foundation going but it's all been smashed to bits. the nonsense storycrafting by noura about the outsiders being marginalized for too long is riiiich. it's been like zero amount of time. really looking forward to them regretting that move.

i think i'm going to end up being okay with rob & sandra in these small amounts. i'm not going to end up okay in the league. last place!

Deleted member 3896

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

RepairmanJack

Oct 27, 2017
"It kind of offends me when you say you feel like you've been in purgatory for the last few days when none of us feel like that."

Like, really? You cast someone out then get "offended" when they call it out?

Yikes

I even mentioned that, but I wouldn't really label that as being smug or an asshole(in this instance). Mainly because we don't know the entire context. If she was acting this way the whole time I could completely take it at face value and not care and move on.

Like my issue is the way it shows it he was talking about the entire tribe treating him like an outcast. But if that were true why would Molly herself volunteer herself up as if he's talking specifically about her? It just makes me wonder how much of Naura and Jason's tribal talk was actually being aimed directly at the alliance of 3 and Molly was just sort of trying to say but she was trying to get to know him? Of course it was said wrong, and trying to say offended by it was real dumb, but if the tribal council was talking a lot about their three alliance and she's trying to cast aspersions and at least somewhat try to get the talk away from them 3 specifically, I could understand it at least a little bit.

I just can't look at that one instance and say she's a smug asshole that I'm glad is gone, where she was voted out mainly because everyone thought she was great and she was the ring leader of a 3 person alliance.

Oct 25, 2017
That was a really smart play by the swing group. I felt like I was having some Caramoan flashbacks with a small group of the "cool kids table" sitting in the water feeling great about themselves despite not being the majority.

That's BS.

The first episode the lady was like "I don't know if I should do this" and Rob didn't sweeten the pot.

She shows some hesitancy and he sweetens the pot.

Rob specifically said in his confessional in the first episode that he had a second offer in his back pocket that he would have pulled out if she didn't go for the first one.