• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Sylvee

Oct 25, 2017
I'm on the West coast, so I won't be watching the episode for a couple hours. But it's pretty crazy how in one episode everyone's gone from "wow this season's been pretty good so far there's a lot of people that are interesting and playing the game" to "fuck this season I hate everyone besides like 3 people."

Grexeno

Sorry for your ineptitude
Oct 25, 2017
Fully support a twist now where Rob and Sandra get to be jury members and say "what the fuck"

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
This is fucking horseshit

jamal got eliminated because of some fucking dumb ass "hur dur we're so smart because we're survivor legends" rule

Crono

Oct 25, 2017
Yea... janet is the only one I wanna see win. Karishma doesnt deserve to win but screw everyone else

ukas

Oct 25, 2017
Screw the guy that thought if something was actually happening with the women he would have known about it.

2pac_71

Oct 25, 2017
I recorded this episode. But yeah I'm not going to watch. Kellee and Jamal gone and by reading the reddit thread and comments. This episode seems rage inducing. I won't watch the rest of S39 but maybe the reunion show to see what's up. I'll watch S40. but yeah. reading all the comments just makes me mad. I may just fast forward and watch the Janet parts.

cubanb

Oct 27, 2017
Ugh still can't get over how bad this episode was. No wonder the producers tried to cover their ass

BowieZ

Nov 7, 2017
Honestly, Jamal was not a good player.

The blank parchment with pencil was such an obvious curse, or as Aaron said, a death sentence.

He was probably doomed even as soon as he reached for the invitation to the Island of the Idols, but regardless, everything he did from that moment on was wrong.

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
I'm on the West coast, so I won't be watching the episode for a couple hours. But it's pretty crazy how in one episode everyone's gone from "wow this season's been pretty good so far there's a lot of people that are interesting and playing the game" to "fuck this season I hate everyone besides like 3 people."
Thing is, I share both perspectives. I'm all-in on feeling an extreme amount of distaste for the direction this game has turned and who has benefited from it... and yet, I also consider this to be one of the most compelling episodes of Survivor in recent memory. And I'm certainly not one to crow about US Survivor these days. I believe it was expertly produced, will not be an episode I forget anytime soon and am eager to see what direction this season takes next.

That said, I can also see this season boilng down to a Final 4 of Dan, Noura, Karishma and the eventual winner surrounded by a litany of tainted goats with someone distasteful like Aaron or Missy being the direct beneficiary. And I'm not sure that will sit well with a lot of folks.

In the aftermath of this episode, we've also seen a number of rootable characters swallowed up in its wake. Janet just burned her idol and seems unlikely to last much longer given that she's shown herself to be completely out of depth with her lack of gameplay. Liz's edit has turned sour as she's essentially Missy's right-hand. Dean has solely been the beneficiary of circumstances falling into his lap and hasn't had to earn much of anything. Tommy and Lauren were instrumental in driving this episode's chaos but haven't exactly owned their role in the fallout.

I guess that means we're supposed to root for Elaine. Just as we have since Episode 1. And seeing how she was invisible this week (which is what you want to see from an adept Survivor player post-merge), I can understand why folks might be down on the season... but she's shown she has Survivor chops and has showcased plenty of game and built a resume. But whether it leads to anything more than Jason's scalp on her bounty list remains to be seen.

milkyway

One Winged Slayer
May 17, 2018
I am so confused and kind of sick to my stomach. I'm looking at my mom and we're just like what the fuck - they show clips of Dan's inappropriate touching and multiple women are talking about their discomfort and then the next minute no one cares and Dan is the victim with only a "warning"? What actually just happened??

TheYanger

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Bruh, I'm in the middle of the episode here on the west coast but the part about Dan with the producer warning text even is crazy, this season has been legitimately great with social issues and handling them in a respectful manner. I hope I'm not gonna regret those words by the end of this episode

Grexeno

Sorry for your ineptitude
Oct 25, 2017
Bruh, I'm in the middle of the episode here on the west coast but the part about Dan with the producer warning text even is crazy, this season has been legitimately great with social issues and handling them in a respectful manner. I hope I'm not gonna regret those words by the end of this episode
T6GJy93.gif

Kos Luftar

Oct 27, 2017
Wtf! I was expecting Jeff to just say Dan go home. Why even edit episodes like that if nothing comes of it?

cubanb

Oct 27, 2017
Started watching this episode thinking they were doing a good job showing this stuff, but this is just so disappointing

Deleted member 18400

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Damn man that was some bullshit. Jamal was one of my last two players I really liked. He messed up with that fake advantage though....

Still, Jamal goes home while wastes of space like Karishma and Dean sit on the beach doing literally nothing of note.

Leeness

Oct 27, 2017
Also. The fact that Janet felt the need to apologize (and everyone got to ~oh no we don't hate you~ to her), and that Dan had zero votes is just...

Really terrible. And now this band of despicable people rule the game, so we're going to watch Janet, Karishma, and Noura get voted all and then the garbage people eat each other.

Bleh. What a turn for this season.

TheYanger

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Man...what a downer.

EDIT: and holy fuck my fantasy team got savaged tonight, I almost forgot. I was doing well too.

Deleted member 864

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That...was quite the 2 hours, and I have no idea how the rest of the season will play out. In fact, I'm dreading and nervous to see what will happen next.

Fuck Elizabeth, Missy, and Lauren.

flyover

Oct 26, 2017
Damn. I've never quit on a season of Survivor, but I just cancelled my CBS All-Access. I know everyone's mad at the other players, but production allowed this to happen. Probst fucked up, and judging by his interviews, doesn't get it. He's so happy about the big discussions they're having, and cares nothing about the actual repeated violations.

Had Dan punched Kelley, he'd have been ejected, whether she wanted him out or not. But repeated non-consensual touching of several wome caught on camera, well that's a different story. Let's give her a no-win situation and only boot him if she's willing to risk a million bucks over it.

So bummed out. See you next season. This one's too hard to watch anymore. Even if Dan loses or gets kicked off later, even if Janet wins, it's not justice. He should've been gone weeks ago, or never cast at all.

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
So bummed out. See you next season. This one's too hard to watch anymore. Even if Dan loses or gets kicked off later, even if Janet wins, it's not justice. He should've been gone weeks ago, or never cast at all.
You're not wrong on any of this. While I may have given praise to tonight's editors, that doesn't excuse the fact that Production waited so long to respond to Dan's uninvited physical contact or that he was cast for the season in the first place.

No amount of breaking taboo presentation protocol, rosy edits for those affected or social dialogue stumping with the media can excuse their lapse in judgment here.

Deleted member 3896

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The house that Les Moonves built.

Fucking disgusting. Fuck Probst. Fuck Dan. And jesus Missy is a fucking sociopath. As are Elizabeth and Lauren. Hope all of their lives are hell from now on.

This season is poisoned now. Fuck.

Oct 25, 2017
Good lord, what the fuck

Dan kept digging a hole and they were more than happy to go down there and carry him out, if he was worried about ruining his life he would have taken Kellee's concerns and, if he did get a warning, seriously and just apologized and not put on that whole production

I wonder if he gets canned from his job though, that was super creepy

ChrisR

Oct 26, 2017
Really rough episode to watch tonight. Hated seeing the back pedaling in the 2nd episode :|

Oct 25, 2017
Dan's twitter account is set to private

How the hell do they keep Dan in the game after that, if he sits on the jury it's gonna be weird, if he makes it to the end of the game it's gonna be even weirder

Ugh

Fletcher

Oct 25, 2017
Fuck that episode. Fuck Dan, Missy, Liz and that dude for saying the guys would know if there was a real problem. Fucking gross.
And their cuts to missy and Liz just being non-pluses by any of the conversations. Not understanding their role and decisions at all. So gross.

Zelenogorsk

Banned
Mar 1, 2018
Survivor: Island of the Idols? more like Survivor: Women Will Lie About Sexual Harassment To Get Ahead In Life. Guess that title didn't test as well.

Haven't been this disgusted with an episode since Zeke was outed.

RepairmanJack

Oct 27, 2017
"Trust is dope sometimes."

I love that, and I can't completely say why.

Nooooo, Kellee! She kind of got screwed over most by Dean. He was the one who was in on the vote but didn't really lose anything by talking to Kellee about it. It seemed like she had no clue she was getting votes.

Oh Lauren fuck off. "I'm not conferrable voting Dan out for those reasons."

Oh fuck this, I hate everyone. All of a sudden nobody is serious about their complaints and they love Dan. Fuck all this.

At this point I hope Karishma wins.

Last edited:

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
'Survivor' blasted by viewers over handling of sexual harassment allegations - Katie Shepherd, Washington Post

Fans of the show watched the situation unfold on Wednesday night as the two-hour episode unfolded.

At first, many people cheered CBS and the showrunners for deciding to include Kim's interview and the producer's response.

"Wow! I've watched #Survivor since S1 & never heard production voice during interviews. Never!" one viewer wrote on Twitter. "If Moonves was still at CBS, this would've never happened," the same person wrote in another tweet. "He would've shoved it in forever unseen footage. I see progress."

But as the episode wore on, as Kim was booted off and Carbin was targeted by the women who lied, some viewers turned sour on the network's handling of the issue.

"We all watched the episode, the producers even got involved and talked to Dan," one fan wrote in a tweet. "These people are pissing me off. Janet is the truth."

One former contestant said she was so dismayed by the show's handling of the situation, she was considering not watching the rest of this season.
"I've loved #survivor for so many years," said Eliza Orlins, who competed in the show in 2004 and 2008. "Almost 20, in fact. And, for the first time ever, I think I'm going to stop watching the show. I'm done with this season. I have friends on season 40 so I'll pick it back then, but honestly, I'm out after tonight. This felt … really gross."

In an interview, Probst defended the show's handling of the subject.

"We are witnessing a real and raw example of another layer of the changing dynamic between men and women: You don't have to feel unsafe to feel uncomfortable, and making someone uncomfortable is not okay," Probst told the Hollywood Reporter. "It's new territory, and it's offering us a chance to continue to examine how men and women treat each other and to learn how to respect each other."

Probst said he pushed the tribe to reckon with the allegations despite a reluctance to talk them through.

"There is no denying that [Spilo] made some of the women, like Kellee, uncomfortable, and he needed to address it," Probst told the Hollywood Reporter. "But understandably, he also wanted to defend against other accusations that were not true and were simply gameplay."

RepairmanJack

Oct 27, 2017
I'm not even that mad at the show handling it, I'm more mad at how the people handled it. That was all just straight up bullshit.

I do think the show should have stepped in and said they didn't call a meeting and talk with everyone just because of one person making accusations or saying stuff. It was clearly not a game related issue and it was more than one person. When people were acting like it was a game I'd be pissed if I was the producers and step in and say no.

FANTASY REDRAFTING IS OPEN UNTIL 11/20
OP
OP
SoleSurvivor

SoleSurvivor

Oct 27, 2017
Because of the merge, REDRAFTING IS OPEN AGAIN UNTIL 11/20. Once again, you can redraft any players on your roster who have NOT BEEN VOTED OUT. Make sure to also bench voted out players, etc.

--

On topic. Wow.. what an episode. Not much to say at this point that all of you haven't already. Very powerful watching the show try to navigate and unpack all of what was going on to the point of breaking the fourth wall down and showing us how production tried to handle it all as it was happening. Elizbeth, Missy, and Lauren made some really scummy moves that they're going to have a hard time living down. I kind of see those women being the final 3 at this point with maybe Missy winning and being a pretty unpopular winner. And while it was nice seeing a genuine emotional response and apology from Dan, I didn't like how annoyed he kept getting that his actions in the game were being brought up in the game. He needs to really take a serious look at how he interacts with people in his daily life and reassess.

Reminder that he represents major talent like Joey King (who was once "that young girl in the reunion audience"). I wonder if any of his clients will leave him?

joey-king-first-kiss-advice-02.jpg

wyttyea6t5n21.jpg

CaptNink

Oct 27, 2017
B.C, Canada
Can't believe Dan wasn't just tossed right from the get go.

This whole shitshow put my wife and I in shock. We couldn't believe what we were watching. Sad, depressing, and disappointing.

ReAxion

Oct 26, 2017
welp, fuck this season officially. i'm not here for the "this is survivor!" excuse. that's not a game i want to play. this season was already way too proud of itself for the doorag moment.

OP
OP
SoleSurvivor

SoleSurvivor

Oct 27, 2017
welp, fuck this season officially. i'm not here for the "this is survivor!" excuse. that's not a game i want to play. this season was already way too proud of itself for the doorag moment.

I mean.. this is sort of what the contestant signed up for. Create their own society while knowing that every moment they live out there is being filmed and could be shown. Seasons in the past have either dealt with or at least shown controversial moments, even to the detriment of the people involved. A clear recent example is the Zeke/Varner outing incident from Game Changers. But you go back in the show's history, and you have Boston Rob way back in season 4 demanding John Carroll come out of the closet to gain his trust. Production likes to forget that one.

Just_a_Mouse

Oct 27, 2017
I don't think I can continue watching this season, for me it is tainted now. What happened to Kellee was so, so wrong. I literally broke down in tears watching that. Dan makes me sick to my stomach, and a special fuck you to Missy and Elizabeth for empowering that monster.