• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

bastardly

Nov 8, 2017
Man I didn't think there'd be a more unlikable cast since worlds apart, but man I think I pretty much HATE everyone left except Janet.

And I also never thought we see a more absolutely stomach churning episode then the one with zeke, but here we go. Yikkkkes

Oct 25, 2017
Yikes. That was just hard to watch. Maybe they should stop casting guys named Dan at this rate.

I had really been enjoying this season up until now, but at this point, fuck most of these people aside from Janet. And fuck production for how they handled this.

Leeness

Oct 27, 2017
After hearing Aaron's apology, I feel okay about him again.

So, now I feel like...

Actively want to win
Janet
Noura
Karishma

They're fine
Aaron
Elaine

All the rest. :/

Citizencope

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah Wednesday pissed me off. Also has it been discussed here over the seasons why the women all sit in front? This frustrates the wife and I so much. So easy for the men in back to whisper back and forth and it's just a bad look in my opinion having all the men tower over the women.
As you can tell from my avatar I've been a fan but this year is really tough as I want only one person to win now.

Leeness

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah Wednesday pissed me off. Also has it been discussed here over the seasons why the women all sit in front? This frustrates the wife and I so much. So easy for the men in back to whisper back and forth and it's just a bad look in my opinion having all the men tower over the women.
As you can tell from my avatar I've been a fan but this year is really tough as I want only one person to win now.

I assume it's usually for height purposes, but I mean, if they're putting the ones in back on higher seats anyway, then why bother.

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
Aaron's apology (click through for part 2):

Really disliked this dude, but that's a good apology. Didnt realize he would get so emotional

I saw someone on twitter say that after that episode Missy comes off as a sociopath. She is so damn cold. But she knows how to play the game, that can't be denied. This season can still be redeemed, i just really don't want to see Dan or Elizabeth in the final 3. I want to see them get voted off so bad. Time will tell.

All 3 of them are pieces of shit that got off way too easy. They deserve to get chewed out and embarrassed. Hard to accept apologies from people like this who knew full well what they were doing for days on end.

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
After hearing Aaron's apology, I feel okay about him again.

So, now I feel like...

Actively want to win
Janet
Noura
Karishma

They're fine
Aaron
Elaine

All the rest. :/
The only person I actively want to win right now is Elaine.
I adore Janet but she's shown little to no Survivor game acumen whatsoever.

Karishma and Noura are "good TV" but they have little to no social awareness and have no capability of winning this game... although it's going to be super fun to watch Noura think she can.

Elaine is the rare trifecta of good TV, good person and good game. She's still a long shot to make it to the end because no one is going to want to face her with the jury but she's wisely remained out of the frey since merge and has the chops to go deep.

Here's a fun mid-game interview with Elaine on EW.com from a few days ago.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017

Karishma and Noura are "good TV" but they have little to no social awareness and have no capability of winning this game... although it's going to be super fun to watch Noura think she can.

Elaine is the rare trifecta of good TV, good person and good game. She's still a long shot to make it to the end because no one is going to want to face her with the jury but she's wisely remained out of the frey since merge and has the chops to go deep.

I disagree on Janet. I think she's played a pretty solid game. She's worked really hard on the social game, she had the awareness to realize she'd be an obvious target as an older woman so she came hard out of the gate to prove her value to the tribe, and she was the one who really pushed for the Tom vote because she percieved that he would never flip. She hasn't played a perfect game, but the only real strategic error she's made has been believing women, which isn't something I'm going to fault her on.

Leeness

Oct 27, 2017

Oh, I know none of the three I listed will win lol. I'd love to see Janet or Noura win, but that won't happen. And I've warmed to Karishma, she's a good person, just kind of useless haha.

I do think Elaine could win, and I wouldn't be mad about that at all. I think she's a good person too (though I was a bit put off by her going with the Kellee vote so eagerly).

Right now in my mind, I just want the good people to win over all the bad ones. Haha.

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
I do think Elaine could win, and I wouldn't be mad about that at all. I think she's a good person too (though I was a bit put off by her going with the Kellee vote so eagerly).
Nobody should be put off by Elaine going for the Kellee vote so eagerly and here's why...

Elaine did not spend a single day in a tribe with Kellee pre-merge. They swapped tribes during the tribal swap but went to the opposing camp. All she knew about Kellee is that she was a smart player with whom she had no relationship targeting people she had been in camp with since Day 1 - namely Missy. And while Elaine doesn't trust Missy or Aaron (she does trust Elizabeth as per the EW.com interview I linked), she had no impetus to jump sides in a merge when she wasn't in anyone's crosshairs. No Survivor player does. EVER.

Elaine had not spend a single day pre-merge in a tribe with Jamal, either. You don't need to stick your neck out to save someone else's game when you haven't had the opportunity to play with them UNLESS they provide an opportunity to advance your game further. Neither Kellee or Jamal offered that to her.

Leeness

Oct 27, 2017
Nobody should be put off by Elaine going for the Kellee vote so eagerly and here's why...

Elaine did not spend a single day in a tribe with Kellee pre-merge. They swapped tribes during the tribal swap but went to the opposing camp. All she knew about Kellee is that she was a smart player with whom she had no relationship targeting people she had been in camp with since Day 1 - namely Missy. And while Elaine doesn't trust Missy or Aaron (she does trust Elizabeth as per the EW.com interview I linked), she had no impetus to jump sides in a merge when she wasn't in anyone's crosshairs. No Survivor player does. EVER.

Yeah, that's mostly what I think, but I think just everyone rallying around Dan just tainted it all.

Of all the people that went with it, and were sticking up for Dan, etc, Elaine is like the only one who can actually say "I didn't have any information" lol.

So. I'm really not against Elaine at all. I think the whole thing just really soured me on everyone not named Janet, Noura, or Karishma, even if they were just there as an alliance member.

llehuty

Oct 25, 2017
Just watched the episode.

I was so happy with the casting up until this point, damn. Not really a good look for the new casting team. At least the editing is not leaving anything up for interpretation and the lives of those involved will most likely get the punishment they deserve. So unfortunate that the numbers landed where they did to get both Kellee and Jamal voted out, not making things any better (but at least meant Kellee will no longer have to share the same space with Dan... until he get sent to Ponderosa...).

Not sure how can they turn around this and mak the last half of the season watchable. I hope, at the very least, the production sets mechanisms and get tighter about something like this potentially happening again at the very least, but they have ruined whatever is left in the season for not acting as they should. I kind of understand now why they were giving so much screen time to Karishma, because they really need non-hateful characters in there to make the rest of the season "lighter" in tone.

Still very happy that we got people like Jamal and Janet, that were so eloquent in explaining the whole situation and why most of the things people did were WRONG.

flyover

Oct 26, 2017
Not sure how can they turn around this and make the last half of the season watchable. I hope, at the very least, the production sets mechanisms and get tighter about something like this potentially happening again at the very least, but they have ruined whatever is left in the season for not acting as they should.
Yeah, that's why I'm done with this season. I think/hope production learns from their fuckups, so I'll be back next season, but I don't think I could enjoy this one anymore--regardless of whether Dan gets ejected later or the more likable castaways take over. I don't crave punishment or karma; I just wish production had done the right thing earlier, on their own. As it is, we'll never know how this season could've gone without a creep like Dan, and the castaways will always be defined (publicly) in terms of these events.

Aug 7, 2019
It has been revealed that Dan will be ejected from the season THIS Wednesday, by a credible Reddit source that spoiled Season 37. No Jury, just sent back to LA on a plane. It is heavily speculated this is the result of him harassing Karishma because he has liked negative tweets about her and she's the only woman that the edit did not cover in regards to Dan this previous week.

Milk

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It has been revealed that Dan will be ejected from the season THIS Wednesday, by a credible Reddit source that spoiled Season 37. No Jury, just sent back to LA on a plane. It is heavily speculated this is the result of him harassing Karishma because he has liked negative tweets about her and she's the only woman that the edit did not cover in regards to Dan this previous week.
Maybe I'm an idiot but I just assumed this would be a post about this week's episode and not a leak for next week's. If we could mark leak spoilers as "leak" going forward I'd appreciate it.

Oct 2, 2018

krishma is good TV? She a boring sad sack who has no game. So many Goats this season.Goat

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah game spoilers are a no go unless it's something abnormal (which granted the first might fall under) but the second definitely not.

TheYanger

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It's still so fucking stupid! Obviously production is involved to where they tell people where to sit so here's an idea, arrange the stump sizes so the sexes aren't separated from front to back year on end.
This bothers me so much. I blame my mom.
It wouldn't even be stump sizes, they would literally need to construct the floor at different heights. I'm not saying they couldn't, but you can't just give the ladies stumps so tall that their legs dangle, or the guys stumps so short that they can't even sit comfortably. The average height difference is not insignificant is all.

Oct 27, 2017
Finally caught up with the show. Yeah, I'm done with survivor, at least this season. This was wildly mishandled, both during the show and after. A contestant shouldn't have to file an official complaint for production to step in. Production is there watching and listening to everything. Shes literally telling them she's uncomfortable and how it affects her. It's hard for contestants in a game with money on the line and a vote of their peers to be placed in a situation to speak up. Production has the responsibility to ensure the safety of the contestants and should have removed him and taken full responsibility for the decision.

They didn't even address it or believe it themselves. They gave a general message to all contestants and then talked to everybody individually. It shows how afraid they were to actually address Dan or their disbelief of the women's experiences. There are so many other ways in which this was mishandled that I can't even get in to it all. This episode fed so much in to the anti-metoo ideals. This hurt to watch and I refuse to support this show any more.

Young Liar

Nov 30, 2017
I stopped watching soon after Janet talked to Missy and Elisabeth, and I won't be watching Survivor from now on. Never saw Thailand so I don't know the extent of how awful a person this Brian guy is, but this episode just crossed a line for me. It's also made me reflect on how I used to be so adamant about letting people do whatever they can to win because "it's just a game" and it's for a life-changing amount of money. That probably makes me a dumbass all this time for only realizing now that it's not "just a game", but I'll take it.

cubanb

Oct 27, 2017
Josh Wigler has decided to stop covering Survivor for THR. Steven Fishbach is also stepping away from his people blog (partly because it is redundant with him on Know It Alls).

Josh was on robhasapodcast this week and has been tweeting his criticism of Jeff and Production this week.

Oct 28, 2017
You just know all the producers say in a room roasting themselves regarding how progressive this season was. Too bad they didn't learn the right lesson.

ZiggyPalffyLA

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Los Angeles, California
Josh Wigler has decided to stop covering Survivor for THR. Steven Fishbach is also stepping away from his people blog (partly because it is redundant with him on Know It Alls).

Josh was on robhasapodcast this week and has been tweeting his criticism of Jeff and Production this week.

I'll miss Josh's Survivor coverage but I already listen to his Mr. Robot, Watchmen, and Walking Dead coverage so I won't miss him too much. Still, a huge loss to the community. He deserves the break.

Grexeno

Sorry for your ineptitude
Oct 25, 2017
Sitting here thinking "what if I didn't watch the rest of this season"

Joe

Oct 25, 2017
Just popped my head in here on a whim to see how this season of Survivor is going, since I chose to sat it out...Looks like I may have made the right choice.

Deleted member 864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm curious about tonight's episode. Last week's was rough and it did lower my interest in the season, but I am interested to see what will happen next.

Hopefully a Dan boot.

Episode 10 (11/20) Discussion (sort of) Begins Here

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Kelee's got an interview over on EW, and she was pretty much dead on about the issue here- when production decided to intervene despite her asking them not to, it needed to be to remove Dan completely. Their reflex to override Kellee was the right one, but they messed up the execution badly in a way they need to learn from going forward. She mentioned that her social game was way worse than we saw, implying that her getting targeted was probably happening regardless of the Dan stuff. So while she probably would've gotten targeted and James'd regardless, her, Janet, Jamal, etc. being put in the position where they needed to go after Dan using a game mechanism should have never needed to occur as the remedy should have been different.

In the interview (and others) she mentioned that after the initial player intervention with Dan, everything with the two of them was fine for the rest of the pre-swap period and it doesn't sound like it would have been appropriate for production to step in to yank him then.

2pac_71

Oct 25, 2017
Kelee's got an interview over on EW, and she was pretty much dead on about the issue here- when production decided to intervene despite her asking them not to, it needed to be to remove Dan completely. Their reflex to override Kellee was the right one, but they messed up the execution badly in a way they need to learn from going forward. She mentioned that her social game was way worse than we saw, implying that her getting targeted was probably happening regardless of the Dan stuff. So while she probably would've gotten targeted and James'd regardless, her, Janet, Jamal, etc. being put in the position where they needed to go after Dan using a game mechanism should have never needed to occur as the remedy should have been different.

In the interview (and others) she mentioned that after the initial player intervention with Dan, everything with the two of them was fine for the rest of the pre-swap period and it doesn't sound like it would have been appropriate for production to step in to yank him then.

If her social game was awful and she was targeted anyways. How come she did not play an idol then? Wish she was still in the game.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If her social game was awful and she was targeted anyways. How come she did not play an idol then? Wish she was still in the game.
Like, it was bad. When Dean asked her how far she saw them going together her response was "I'm not sure" or something similar. It's similar to how she fucked up the Noura/Dean situation because she wanted to save Dean yet didn't trust him enough not to backstab her, and she wasn't smooth enough on the Noura insurance vote to make Noura think it was her idea.

2pac_71

Oct 25, 2017
Like, it was bad. When Dean asked her how far she saw them going together her response was "I'm not sure" or something similar. It's similar to how she fucked up the Noura/Dean situation because she wanted to save Dean yet didn't trust him enough not to backstab her, and she wasn't smooth enough on the Noura insurance vote to make Noura think it was her idea.

Yeah I saw that on reddit. So I don't understand how she doesn't play an idol to just play it safe. Especially with two. and its the first merge vote. Maybe her mind wasn't thinking clearly with all this Dan shit who knows. I just miss her.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I saw that on reddit. So I don't understand how she doesn't play an idol to just play it safe. Especially with two. and its the first merge vote. Maybe her mind wasn't thinking clearly with all this Dan shit who knows. I just miss her.
This is where Dan not being pulled possibly fucked with her game- the moral nature of the vote might have overrode an instinct to play it because of how awful it would be to be using the Dan situation as a game move.

Spectromixer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
bye missy, sorry not sorry

did she seriously just tell liz to slowly and methodically kill elaine? what the fuck is wrong with missy.

Deleted member 864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oh sad, Missy's gone.

giphy.gif

Zelenogorsk

Banned
Mar 1, 2018
Between Elaine winning immunity and Missy leaving that was a nice episode. Hopefully Karishma can use that idol to drop a bomb on an upcoming tribal.

also lol at Missy telling Elizabeth to get revenge, as if Elizabeth is gonna make power moves now that Missy is gone

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Missy and Jamal are the complete negative and positive polar opposites on how to integrate discussion of social issues into talk about Survivor lol

Leeness

Oct 27, 2017
Missy is a psychopath lol.

I also can't help but notice that Dan is still there and wasn't even considered. 😑