• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
FANTASY REDRAFTING IS OPEN UNTIL 10/2
  • OP
    OP
    SoleSurvivor

SoleSurvivor

Oct 27, 2017
    REDRAFTING IS OPEN UNTIL 10/2. What this means is until about an hour before episode two airs, you can redraft any players on your roster who have NOT BEEN VOTED OUT. So if you have the first person voted out on your roster, you are stuck with and should permanently bench them.

I'm not the biggest fan of the redrafting system, but as long as everyone playing fantasy is on the same page about it, it's equal footing for all.

Going to threadmark when this is the case so people have the best shot of remembering they have one week to optionally change out any players who haven't been voted out.

Like last season, I am also threadmarking where conversation begins for each episode.

--
    Also, that was a pretty good first episode that exceeded my expectations. The 1.5 hour format was a huge help, and made it so time with Sandra and Rob didn't take away from meeting these new people. I got a good sense of most of them. And the season's gimmick has played out in a fun way so far. The "idols" talking shit in a Tribal Council Spyshack was fun TV!

giphy.gif

FANTASY REDRAFTING IS OPEN UNTIL 10/30
  • OP
    OP
    SoleSurvivor

SoleSurvivor

Oct 27, 2017
    Because of the swap, REDRAFTING IS OPEN AGAIN UNTIL 10/30. Once again, you can redraft any players on your roster who have NOT BEEN VOTED OUT. Make sure to also bench voted out players, etc.

---

On topic for the episode, I see Janet's reasoning to vote out Tom. That said, he is the type of tell it like it is player you can always figure out in the game. Karishma you really have no idea with, and is also actively weighing down her tribe in challenges week after week. Redditors keeps posting this picture after each episode and it's so true:

7049p28z0eu31.jpg

Episode 7 (11/6) Discussion Begins Here
  • Kirblar

Banned
    Oct 25, 2017
    I was expecting Rob to say that turning the game down was the test and then hand her the AU-style version of the power (you can use it on someone else to warp the tribal vote.)

FANTASY REDRAFTING IS OPEN UNTIL 11/20
  • OP
    OP
    SoleSurvivor

SoleSurvivor

Oct 27, 2017
    Because of the merge, REDRAFTING IS OPEN AGAIN UNTIL 11/20. Once again, you can redraft any players on your roster who have NOT BEEN VOTED OUT. Make sure to also bench voted out players, etc.

--

On topic. Wow.. what an episode. Not much to say at this point that all of you haven't already. Very powerful watching the show try to navigate and unpack all of what was going on to the point of breaking the fourth wall down and showing us how production tried to handle it all as it was happening. Elizbeth, Missy, and Lauren made some really scummy moves that they're going to have a hard time living down. I kind of see those women being the final 3 at this point with maybe Missy winning and being a pretty unpopular winner. And while it was nice seeing a genuine emotional response and apology from Dan, I didn't like how annoyed he kept getting that his actions in the game were being brought up in the game. He needs to really take a serious look at how he interacts with people in his daily life and reassess.

Reminder that he represents major talent like Joey King (who was once "that young girl in the reunion audience"). I wonder if any of his clients will leave him?

joey-king-first-kiss-advice-02.jpg

wyttyea6t5n21.jpg

Episode 10 (11/20) Discussion (sort of) Begins Here
  • Kirblar

Banned
    Oct 25, 2017
    Kelee's got an interview over on EW, and she was pretty much dead on about the issue here- when production decided to intervene despite her asking them not to, it needed to be to remove Dan completely. Their reflex to override Kellee was the right one, but they messed up the execution badly in a way they need to learn from going forward. She mentioned that her social game was way worse than we saw, implying that her getting targeted was probably happening regardless of the Dan stuff. So while she probably would've gotten targeted and James'd regardless, her, Janet, Jamal, etc. being put in the position where they needed to go after Dan using a game mechanism should have never needed to occur as the remedy should have been different.

In the interview (and others) she mentioned that after the initial player intervention with Dan, everything with the two of them was fine for the rest of the pre-swap period and it doesn't sound like it would have been appropriate for production to step in to yank him then.

Episode 12 (12/4) Discussion Begins Here
  • peteykirch

Oct 25, 2017
    I wonder if they'll have the loved ones compete again....

It always made for comedic gold when Abi's Mom had to do anything physical, or Cochran's parents.