• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

LossAversion

The Merchant of ERA
Oct 28, 2017
I will need to learn the names of non-raw sushi if I ever plan to eat out

I was in Fresno a few months back and friends invited me to go for some sushi but I was tired and went back to my hotel room
after this story I am glad I did
California Rolls are great. I think it might depend on the restaurant but you should be able to ask for the meat (whichever you prefer) in your sushi to be grilled.

Here's a bit of info that might be useful!

Duane

Unshakable Resolve
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Fuck this. I love the sashimi and raw stuff in sushi, but I know someone who got a tapeworm from it recently too. I don't love it THAT much. The cooked stuff is just fine too.

Deleted member 4434

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm so glad the owners of the sushi restaurant I used to work at were a bunch of stingy people who never gave any food to me.

NeroPaige

Jan 8, 2018
There needs to be a way to test for tapeworms, there's some specialty drugs that need a prescription but doctor will tell you to fuck off if you're just curious. Everything else some is some random experimental tree-hugging shit lol.

I bet loads of people are infected and don't know it, no symptoms.

Deleted member 18807

Eating sushi (including salmon) is perfectly safe you guys. Thousands of restaurants/grocery stores sell it every day. It's not even confirmed he got the tapeworm from it.
Are you sure? :(

Even shitty grocery store sushi is safe to eat. They're not interested in selling you food with parasites.

I'm honestly surprised at the reaction here.
Well, I'd be also if I didn't suddenly started eating sushi like a madman for the past weeks because it's "lean meat".

Pineapple, Garlic, Wormwood/Black Walnut extract, Papaya seeds, Raw Pumpkin seeds are deadly to Tapeworms and most parasites. If you're worried, just order a Black Walnut cleanse online and it will flush your system out. You will feel much better and I'm sure your colon will be grateful as well.

So would eating some pieces of pineapple or some slice of garlic-filled pizza be enough?

Mariachi507

Oct 26, 2017
Goddamnit! God fucking damnit. Salmon is my favorite kind of sushi. I only eat it every month or so now, but two years ago I was eating it daily. I also lost weight for no reason after I started eating sushi.

Now I'm starting to wonder if I should look into a dewormer or something. Fuck this story, I love raw salmon. Now I'm going to have second thoughts from here on out. The people at my goto sushi place even have me memorized. Every time I walk in they say "spicy salmon?" Now I've gotta tell them to hold the parasites please.

:''(

exodus

Oct 25, 2017
At least in Canada, Sashimi grade fish is required to be flash frozen to an ultra low temperature to kill any parasites before it can be served raw.

RetroDLC

Oct 27, 2017
If you just go by singular horror studies on food, you should never eat anything ever.
I can deal with most singular food horror stories, but the dire quality standards of food in the US is pretty well known outside of the country. The UK, where I am, has been in a tizzy recently about the potential of eating chlorinated chicken from the US, as the UK might deviate from safer EU quality standards.

Last edited:

bunbun777

Oct 29, 2017
Nw
People say nightmare fuel but this is that, straight up disturbing and relateable. And if there was one that was over 5 feet that means there had to be more right?

Tesseract

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
I can deal with most singular food horror stories, but the dire quality standards of food in the US is pretty well known outside of the country. The UK, where I am, has been in a tizzy recently about the potential of eating chlorinated chicken from the US, as the UK might deviate from safer EU quality standards.

you ain't gonna dead lift those serious pounds without american hormones. get on our level, you scrublet.

Xythantiops

Oct 27, 2017
5rOryUZ.gif
Ha. I came here to post the exact same thing.

"I love sushi!"

Oct 27, 2017
Horror stories like this are exactly why i'll never touch Sushi. Good Lord above, what a horrifying and disgusting story.

Sabercrusader

Oct 27, 2017
Not only does this reaffirm my stance on not eating Sushi, I think I'll show this to my fiancee and see what she thinks about sushi now.

She'll still eat it.

Caldorosso

Jan 15, 2018
Still going on my sushi date tomorrow, lol.

That's the risk of raw food! Someone suggested Black Walnut, which works well. Remember millions of Americans eat sushi a day and don't have buttworms.

EloquentM

Oct 25, 2017
Y'all are dramatic. If this is convincing you not to ever eat sushi again you may need to re-evaluate everything you eat lol.

hobblygobbly

Oct 25, 2017
NORDFRIESLAND, DEUTSCHLAND
You can't get this from fermented or pickled fish right like pickled herring? The curing process kills and prevents it? I eat that somewhat frequently (maybe like once or twice a month), but I am not a sushi fan so I never eat that.