• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Schlorgan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Salt Lake City, Utah
Blu-ray.com:
Synapse Films will release on 4K Blu-ray Dario Argento's cult thriller Suspiria (1977), starring essica Harper, Stefania Casini, Flavio Bucci, Miguel Bosé, and Barbara Magnolfi. The release will be available for purchase on November 19.

Special Features/Specs:
  • 4K restoration of the original uncut, uncensored Italian 35mm camera negative exclusively done by Synapse Films, with color correction supervised and approved by Director of Photography, Luciano Tovoli
  • Original 4.0 1977 English language LCRS sound mix not heard since the theatrical release in 1977, presented in high-resolution DTS-HD MA 96kHz/24-bit audio, with newly translated removable English SDH subtitles
  • All-new Dolby Atmos Remix and High Dynamic Range Presentation
  • Italian 5.1 surround mix, with removable English subtitle translation
  • Two audio commentaries by authors and Argento scholars, Derek Botelho, David Del Valle and Troy Howarth
  • Do You Know Anything About Witches? – 30 minute SUSPIRIA visual essay written,edited and narrated by Michael Mackenzie
  • Suzy in Nazi Germany – Featurette on the German locations from SUSPIRIA
  • A Sigh from the Depths: 40 Years of SUSPIRIA – All-new anniversary retrospective on the making of the film and its influence on cinema
  • Olga's Story – Interview with star Barbara Magnolfi
  • Original theatrical trailers, TV spots and radio spots
  • "International Classics" English "Breathing Letters" opening credit sequence from the U.S. release
  • Alternate All-English opening and closing credits sequences, playable via seamless branching
  • Reversible cover art by Wes Benscoter

Cover:
11076_tn.jpg

Moppeh

Oct 28, 2017
Dope. Not my favorite Argento flick but I bet that movie looks stellar in 4k.

Tom_Cody

Oct 28, 2017
The recent 4K restoration is already on blu-ray and it looks amazing. I'm sure this will look even better owing to the full resolution and added color depth.

As it is the existing blu-ray is one of the best looking discs in my collection, 4k or otherwise.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
I was gonna say that I thought this had been released because I already own a copy.

But this on a 55-inch TV with surround sound cranked all the way up is heavenly.

Solo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Possibly the most hauntingly perfect score in horror film history by Goblin. That main theme......damn

Ninhead

Drive-in Mutant
Avenger
Nov 18, 2017
The most (purposely) beautiful horror movie of all time. I can't wait to see how this turns out in 4K.

Stiler

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
The Synapse blu ray of this is the BEST the film has ever looked on home video, by far, it's easily one of my stand out blu rays, such vivid colors and a clean picture.

The audio was amazing too, especially the Original 4.0 LCRS sound mix, which was simply breathtaking to listen to. Far better then the 5.1 mix and others we had til then, it was just so damn dynamic. Going to be interesting to see how the Atmos mix is compared to that.

I think some people are confused because the blu ray is a 4k remaster (the same remaster they are using for this) but it is only 1080p, not 4k. This is tihe true 4k release of the 4k remaster.

Extra Sauce

Oct 27, 2017
Man, so many mediocre releases of Suspiria over the years, until Synapse finally released a good one... only for a 4K release to quickly follow. It almost seems designed to bleed fans dry.

Still, it's a film that does deserve the 4K treatment.