• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Queen

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
They removed the Morrison Animal Man run off the service because there's no live action series, so it would be nice even just for that.

Pandora012

Oct 25, 2017
I am worried about the abrupt end filming and the cut of the three episodes and how it will affect the season conclusion.

Critics are often made from a few first episodes annoy the whole run.
Well if the cast and crew find out if it is picked up for season2 only 10 days later, those early reviews are inportant. I'm on a fingers crossed mode for the finale, like maybe they'll turn it into a cliff hanger for 2.

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah Doom Patrol is fucking amazing and it's good to see DC follow through on their live action shows compared to Marvel. I'll definitely give them that. This looks like another show I'm gonna have to add to the list.

BobLoblaw

This Guy Helps
Oct 27, 2017
Netflix US needs to pick this up after Marvel bolts. Not sure how the financial stuff works out, but it sounds like these shows definitely deserve a wider audience.

Chiaroscuro

Oct 25, 2017
Netflix US needs to pick this up after Marvel bolts. Not sure how the financial stuff works out, but it sounds like these shows definitely deserve a wider audience.

I doubt Netflix will invest in shows which IPs belongs to corporations that have or are in the verge of launching stream platforms (like DC Universe or the father corporation Warner which will have a device soon). Because that would be free advertising to the competitor, much like the Marvel shows were (Marvel did not end the contracts, Netflix did it for that reason). Guess Titans was a good deal at the time, but from now on I believe Netflix will invest in their own shows or IPs that did not belong to streaming competitor (Like Altered Carbon, The Witcher, Umbrella Academy or independent comics).

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
wonder who gets this in Europe. Netflix has Titans but in my country, HBO Portugal has Doom Patrol... whole thing is a mess.

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Looks good, but I will only get EXCITED when I hear the word constantine or I see some of that Alan moore shit.

You know what shit I am talking about.

kortvarsel

Avenger
Dec 11, 2017
I started noticing the Era hype for Doom Patrol the other day, and decided to give it a go. One and a half episodes in, and I can't really stand it. The characters and the character design aren't really doing it for me, and I think the acting is so-so. Is there a point when it picks up or will I just not like it if I don't already?

luca

Oct 25, 2017
I started noticing the Era hype for Doom Patrol the other day, and decided to give it a go. One and a half episodes in, and I can't really stand it. The characters and the character design aren't really doing it for me, and I think the acting is so-so. Is there a point when it picks up or will I just not like it if I don't already?
I don't think you'll like it then.

I picked it up today as well and have seen 5 episodes and is absolutely loving it. I think this so far is some of the best comic book show I've seen, and I'm constantly surprised at what they pull off each episode. While I think the plot is very well laid out over the episodes, and all of the characters are so unique and likable in their own ways. I'm having a blast. Much better than Titans.

Who is doing the Swamp-Thing OT? And when will it be posted?

OP
OP
Mariolee

Mariolee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
That same review also called it "an above average CW drama", which... :/
I don't actually read reviews before watching a thing when I'm excited for. I haven't read that but I'll try to keep my hopes up that at least honors the original material.

I read the review and the author actually presents it as a positive. The whole time it felt like they kept bracing themselves for a bad show and it kept being surprisingly well done. They even explicitly say that although it may remind them of a CW show that that's not necessarily a bad thing. They're very curious to see more.

OP
OP
Mariolee

Mariolee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think you'll like it then.

I picked it up today as well and have seen 5 episodes and is absolutely loving it. I think this so far is some of the best comic book show I've seen, and I'm constantly surprised at what they pull off each episode. While I think the plot is very well laid out over the episodes, and all of the characters are so unique and likable in their own ways. I'm having a blast. Much better than Titans.

Who is doing the Swamp-Thing OT? And when will it be posted?

I would make if I had time, but am currently studying for board exams :/ feel free to go for it if you want!

Last edited:

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
wonder who gets this in Europe. Netflix has Titans but in my country, HBO Portugal has Doom Patrol... whole thing is a mess.

Netherlands here, We got Titans on Netflix too but no Doom Patrol on HBO, I was ready to pay for a DCU sub but it's only accesable in the US. :( I guess we'll get Doom Patrol on there some months after Doom Patrol is finished.

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
The tone of the acting and dialogue in Swamp Thing is very-CW. Go in expecting more hokeyness than the super dark trailers let on.

It still works decently enough since the performers are up to the task, but it's a mismatch against the grimy visual aesthetic. Show itself seems fine so far though. I place it above Titans first episode, but not even close to DP (but then again, what is?). The practical FX work is the real star of the show.

Also, Crystal Reed is fine as hell god damn

Skyebaron

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I loved Doom Patrol and it got me interested in the DC live action stuff. Hows the CW stuff compared to it?

luca

Oct 25, 2017
I loved Doom Patrol and it got me interested in the DC live action stuff. Hows the CW stuff compared to it?
Much worse if you ask me. Arrow S2 and 5 were good. Flash S1 was a nice start. Legends of Tomorrow S2 was probably the best of them. I haven't seen the latest seasons of the shows though. Doom Patrol is on another level.

Last edited:

Queen

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I have a feeling quite a few staff working on Swamp Thing were pretty into RE7