• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Nocturnal

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
European Top 10 for October 2017:
Code:
1) Stardew Valley(new)
2) Super Mario Odyssey(new)
3) Golf Story(+2)
4) Minecraft(-)
5) FIFA 18(+1)
6) SteamWorld Dig 2(-3)
7) Sonic Mania(-5)
8) The Flame in the Flood(new)
9) Moon Hunters(new)
10) Thimbleweed Park(-1)

European Round-up:
With a single Nintendo title - the European top 10 continues to be dominated by indies.
Stardew at #1 I believe this is the first time an indie title is at the top of the charts. Congrats to @ConcernedApe for the success. To be number 1 during the month which Super Mario Odyssey released it's absolutely mind-boggling. This is the fastest selling Mario in Europe and even if digital makes up less than 10% of total sales it would still mean that Stardew Valley sold close to 50K in just Europe during October.
Golf Story climbs up in the charts in it's second month, great legs by the title and no doubt with a Japanese release slated for the winter Golf Story will continue to sell as the audience grows bigger. SteamWorld Dig 2 another very well received game sees a minor drop this month as it is able to maintain very good position ahead of Sonic Mania and a bunch of new releases.
There is three more indie titles making up the top 10 in Europe two which released this month.

When looking at major third party games once again Minecraft comes out on top, its a non-Nintendo evergreen, has not exited the monthly charts since it's release and is definitely the best selling game this year on the Switch eShop. FIFA 18 has done ok this month rising one position, whether the result is decent for EA is a matter of their expectations. Still FIFA digital adoption hasn't been quite as high in Europe as Madden in NA so that might explain it's lower ranking here. Sonic Mania in it's 3rd month finally drops out of the top 5, still the title has been a runaway success in Europe.

Notable absentees:
- Mario + Rabbids drops out of the top 10 after being #1 last month
- Fire Emblem Warriors doesn't chart in Europe during its release month

Will update the thread once we have the NA Top 10 in a few days

Last edited:

Sir Guts

Use of alt account
Oct 26, 2017
Expected SMO at #1. It should be at #1 from all those news we read.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Add me to the list of people surprised to see Stardew higher than Odyssey, even with the earlier release. It does look like a game perfect for the Nintendo audience.

PaulLFC

Oct 27, 2017
Stardew Valley and Golf Story must have sold really well. Going to buy both myself soon.

DrWong

Oct 29, 2017
Do we have a sales units data point to compare with ? I'd like to estimate FIFA18 ranking. Looks ok to me.

Mpl90

Oct 25, 2017
I'd also add that it's encouraging to see FIFA 18 having a good second month on the European eShop. It's also a consequence of September counting just its first 2 days, but still good second month performance. Even more for Golf Story.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Great to see those quality indie releases being able to kick it with mayor full price titles.

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Worth noting that even though it doesn't show up here for the monthly one that Snake Pass has risen from nowhere to sit in the top 5 recently since its 50% off sale in the Halloween discounts. Shows that people are seeing the sales and that even many months old games can avoid being drowned through good sales, I believe Shovel Knight also rose a few places even though it only had a trivial 10% off sale.

I find this chart to be an interesting thing to look at once a week or so. Very curious to see how Rocket League and Skyrim perform in November in particular.

weekev

Is this a test?
Oct 25, 2017
That top 3 is like the holy trinity of Nintendo's October. All 3 games are incredible.

Deleted member 18161

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'd also add that it's encouraging to see FIFA 18 having a good second month on the European eShop. It's also a consequence of September counting just its first 2 days, but still good second month performance. Even more for Golf Story.

FIFA will sell steadily throughout the next year, it's a massive mass market title regardless of platform (as long as it's healthy). More core gamers will get it and lot's of people will buy it as a Holiday gift for older players that got a Switch for BotW and Odyssey. I think DOOM and Skyrim will do well in that regard aswell.

Well done to Stardew!