• Introducing Image Options for ResetEra 2.0! Check the left side navigation bar to show or hide images, avatars, covers, and embedded media. More details at the link.

Switch Exclusive Indie games?

Oct 30, 2017
So I've largely avoided the digital space for this console focusing more on it's bigger budget exclusive releases, but i'm looking to change that. i'm also a multi console owner so if a game is multi-platform, i tend to buy them on PS4.

so are there any good indie releases that are exclusive to the switch? I have FAST RMX already if that counts.

Cheers

Oct 29, 2017
These from the top of my head.. I'm sure there's more. But these are really good, also added a few upcoming in the end :)

Exclusives:
Golf Story
Fast RMX
Dragon Marked For Death
Blaster Master Zero (3ds)
Azure Striker Gunvolt: Striker Pack (3ds)
Zarvot
Wandersong

Console Exclusives
The Messenger
Gris
In to the Breach
West of Loathing
Bomb Chicken
Untitled Goose Game (2019)
Windjammers 2 (2019)
My Friend Pedro (2019)

Terraforce

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I disagree. It was tedious and boring. Quit after 3 hours.
Yeah it's weird. I love the Mario spin offs to include the GBA Golf game this seemed to pay homage to, but I grew bored of Golf Story as well. Tedious is a good way to explain some of my problems with it.

Oct 27, 2017
These from the top of my head.. I'm sure there's more. But these are really good, also added a few upcoming in the end :)

Exclusives:
Golf Story
Fast RMX
Dragon Marked For Death
Zarvot
Wandersong

Console Exclusives
The Messenger
Gris
In to the Breach
West of Loathing
Bomb Chicken
Windjammers 2 (2019)
My Friend Pedro (2019)
Travis Strike Again (2019)!

Oct 25, 2017
Switch doesn't have a ton of full-on indie exclusives (there are very, very few of these on any console these days), but it does have a ton of console-exclusive indies that are also on PC.

Oct 26, 2017

Exclusives:
Golf Story
Fast RMX
Dragon Marked For Death
Zarvot
Wandersong

Console Exclusives
The Messenger
Gris
In to the Breach
West of Loathing
Bomb Chicken
Windjammers 2 (2019)
My Friend Pedro (2019)
Wandersong and Gunvolt 1 are on PC too.

Oct 25, 2017
Golf Story
Into the Breach
The Messenger

All of which I'm waiting to come to PS4 as I'd rather play them there.
Literally zero chance, the developer said as much (although this was back at launch, I may have missed something since ???)
That was around the time they were working on the Japanese localization for Golf Story, currently there are still no plans to port to more platforms for Golf Story as the devs are busy making a new Switch game.

Oct 27, 2017
USA
I disagree. It was tedious and boring. Quit after 3 hours.
Golf Story has a strong start, but overstays its welcome and doesn't quite deliver greatness in either the "golf" or "story" aspects. I finished it, and while it's nowhere near my beloved Advance Tour, it's a solid game that I hope did well enough to encourage the developer to further evolve and improve it with a sequel.

Oct 25, 2017
The majority of Nintendo Switch ""exclusive"" indies are shared with PC.
Yeah a lot of Switch indie exclusive only seem that way because not a lot of people talk about the PC release. So here is off the top of MY head, The List™ you can choose from.

Notable Exclusives Console or Truly:
Golf Story
Kamiko
Snipperclips Plus
Black Hole (Original on Ouya)
Zarvot
Mercenaries Saga Chronicles
Pode
Friday the 13th DX
Fast RMX
Blaster Master Zero (On 3DS)
Azure Striker Gunvolt: Striker Pack (On PC/3DS)
The Messenger (On PC)
Wandersong (On PC)
Marble It Up! (On PC)
Just Beats And Shapes (On PC)
Gris (On PC)
Aaero: Complete Edition (On PC)
Into the Breach (On PC)
West of Loathing (On PC)
Bomb Chicken (On PC)
Cave Story+ (On PC)

Notable Coming Soon Exclusives Console or Truly (as of this writing):
Untitled Goose Game (On PC)
Slay the Spire (On PC)
Elli
Dragon Marked For Death
Umihara Kawase Fresh!
Windjammers 2 (On PC)
My Friend Pedro (On PC)
Pikuniku (On PC)
Mineko’s Night Market (On PC)
Killer Queen Black (On PC)
Double Cross (On PC)

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
The OP is clearly asking about Indie games on Switch that aren’t on PS4, so the existence of a PC version is not a reason to not suggest a game.

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle WA
?

The majority of Nintendo Switch ""exclusive"" indies are shared with PC.
And not the other way around. Steam has over 22,000 titles with the indie tag. Switch has 1596 titles all together as of today. If indies on a dockable affordable portable are your thing, I would recommend a Surface Go. Hardware will be a little more but software will be way less over time.