• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
And not the other way around. Steam has over 22,000 titles with the indie tag. Switch has 1596 titles all together as of today. If indies on a dockable affordable portable are your thing, I would recommend a Surface Go. Hardware will be a little more but software will be way less over time.
But he... he already has a switch. He's asking for switch indie games. That is this thread.

Mbolibombo

Oct 29, 2017
And not the other way around. Steam has over 22,000 titles with the indie tag. Switch has 1596 titles all together as of today. If indies on a dockable affordable portable are your thing, I would recommend a Surface Go. Hardware will be a little more but software will be way less over time.

Username checks out

gappvembe

Oct 27, 2017
A Robot Named Fight is console exclusive.
header.jpg

Deleted member 17402

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm really interested in Dead Cells but if starting over from the beginning is what happens when you die, I'm not sure whether to get it or not. I love metroidvania games, the Metroid series being my favorite. What to do? :(

ThisIsBlitz21

Oct 22, 2018
I would point you to fast rmx and golf story.

And the upcoming Untitled Goose Game too, which is console exclusive but is still coming to PC.

edit: didnt read the OP, sorry.

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
The Messenger is 2018's best game, so please just buy it [and play it to completion].

gappvembe

Oct 27, 2017
I'm really interested in Dead Cells but if starting over from the beginning is what happens when you die, I'm not sure whether to get it or not. I love metroidvania games, the Metroid series being my favorite. What to do? :(
Um, Dead Cells is on everything, so not a Switch Exclusive.
Try my suggestion, it's more Metroid than Vania.
It's also rouge-like though, so new-ish types of experiences over and over.
And for the time being Switch (console anyway, it's on PC) exclusive.

Deleted member 17402

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Um, Dead Cells is on everything, so not a Switch Exclusive.
Try my suggestion, it's more Metroid than Vania.
It's also rouge-like though, so new-ish types of experiences over and over.
And for the time being Switch (console anyway, it's on PC) exclusive.
Yeah but I'm looking for excuses to buy games for my Switch which is lacking.
I like RPG elements in my Metroidvania or Metroid games.

Deleted member 36622

Banned
Dec 21, 2017
Golf Story is almost a must-buy (Shuntaro Furukawa's favourite game)

Other than that i suggest Inti Creates goodies:
Blaster Master Zero
Azure Striker Gunvolt
Mighty Gunvolt Burst

and interesting upcoming indie exclusives:
- Dragon Marked for Death
- My Friend Pedro

Thatguy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle WA
Probably nothing unless someone gets a sweet deal from Nintendo?

But he specifically asked for games on the Switch, and you recommend him getting a Surface Go.
Because he asked for exclusive indies, which inferred he was after one of a kind portable indie experiences. If thats what you want, and you're on a console budget, Surface Go is in my opinion the best way to play with an indie list orders of magnitude longer than Switch.

If he had just asked for Switch indies I wouldn't have mentioned the Go.

Mbolibombo

Oct 29, 2017
Because he asked for exclusive indies, which inferred he was after one of a kind portable indie experiences. If thats what you want, and you're on a console budget, Surface Go is in my opinion the best way to play with an indie list orders of magnitude longer than Switch.

If he had just asked for Switch indies I wouldn't have mentioned the Go.

I'll just quote the original post and highlight the threadname and where he specifically ask for Switch exclusive indie games.

Switch exclusive indie games?

So I've largely avoided the digital space for this console focusing more on it's bigger budget exclusive releases, but i'm looking to change that. i'm also a multi console owner so if a game is multi-platform, i tend to buy them on PS4.

so are there any good indie releases that are exclusive to the switch? I have FAST RMX already if that counts.

Cheers

jasius

Oct 28, 2017
Still correct. Switch is the only console Gris is on.

No the term "Console exclusive" always refers to the fact that said game is ONLY available on that particular console/platform. There are 2 platforms for Gris Switch and PC, it's a SWITCH exclusive, the wording does matter, don't make up words or destroy meanings of already set terms that make perfect sense.

ie. Golf Story is ONLY on Switch, it's a CONSOLE EXCLUSIVE, if you want to play that game you MUST EXCLUSIVELY play it on a Switch.
Gris is on PC and SWITCH, it's not a CONSOLE EXCLUSIVE as you can buy it for PC OR Switch.

There must be a TON of Switch exclusives with this loosey goosey abuse of the term "console exclusive".

Ionic

Oct 31, 2017
ie. Golf Story is ONLY on Switch, it's a CONSOLE EXCLUSIVE, if you want to play that game you MUST EXCLUSIVELY play it on a Switch.
Gris is on PC and SWITCH, it's not a CONSOLE EXCLUSIVE as you can buy it for PC OR Switch.

Colloquially, "console exclusive" is a term used in the industry to mean "this game is on one console and not the others, but it's also on PC but we still want to say exclusive because it sounds good in press conferences and nobody knows what the heck is on PC anyway". This is why during events like E3 people get riled up about which trailers say "console exclusive" instead of "exclusive" as it historically denotes whether there is also a PC version coming.

jasius

Oct 28, 2017
Colloquially, "console exclusive" is a term used in the industry to mean "this game is on one console and not the others, but it's also on PC but we still want to say exclusive because it sounds good in press conferences and nobody knows what the heck is on PC anyway". This is why during events like E3 people get riled up about which trailers say "console exclusive" instead of "exclusive" as it historically denotes whether there is also a PC version coming.

After some googling, nobody is right here, turns out "console exclusive" is just an industry shill/buzz term, there are 2 sides to the argument on what this term should mean, you present one side and I've simply presented the other.

It comes down to semantics.

Bitanator

Oct 27, 2017

Think of it as steady progress through continous runs, honestly once you get to a new place you can always shut the game down before you die and restart in the beginning of the location if you want to scum your way through it

Oct 25, 2017
After some googling, nobody is right here, turns out "console exclusive" is just an industry shill/buzz term, there are 2 sides to the argument on what this term should mean, you present one side and I've simply presented the other.

It comes down to semantics.
So what you're saying is... it's non-desktop computer platform exclusive to switch. That's a mouthful

Anyways suggest games to this guy.

Poimandres

Oct 26, 2017
No the term "Console exclusive" always refers to the fact that said game is ONLY available on that particular console/platform. There are 2 platforms for Gris Switch and PC, it's a SWITCH exclusive, the wording does matter, don't make up words or destroy meanings of already set terms that make perfect sense.

There must be a TON of Switch exclusives with this loosey goosey abuse of the term "console exclusive".

It's a somewhat misleading term, but lately it's been used to denote something that can't be played on any other console (but is available on PC). The "console" is an additional qualifier, because it's not a true "exclusive".

People do use this for chest beating when trying to drum up enthusiasm for their console of choice, but the truth is 90% of indie games can be had on PC for less than half the price of console releases. Switch indies are generally the most expensive of the bunch, but at least there have been some decent sales of late.

The other issue with Switch indies is that it's sometimes difficult to find accurate info on performance relative to other platforms. I've had my Switch for a couple of weeks, and had to go hunting for info on how each game I wanted to buy performed. Some games are perfect... others far from it. Can't really blame anyone for this, but it's definitely something to be mindful of. It would be nice if there was some kind of list of all the games available and if they have any issues, but that would be a whole lot of work!

Anyway, good work on the lists in this thread people.

Epilexia

Jan 27, 2018
Some notable Switch indie games that are not available in PS4 (some of them are available in PC, iOS or Xbox One):

- Golf Story
- Fast RMX
- Snipperclips Plus
- Into the Breach
- The Messenger
- GRIS
- Bomb Chicken
- West of Loathing
- Ms. 'Splosion Man
- Old School Musical
- Black Bird
- Wandersong
- Save Me Mr Tako
- Cave Story+
- Full Metal Furies
- Pool Panic
- Viviette
- The Next Penelope
- Flat Heroes
- The Lion's Song
- Membrane
- Ghost 1.0
- Mini Metro
- Pode
- A Case of Distrust
- Just Shapes & Beats
- The Low Road
- Ambition of the Slimes
- ATOMIK: RunGunJumpGun
- Blossom Tales
- Semblance
- Reigns: Kings & Queens
- Poly Bridge
- Pocket Rumble
- Hidden Folks
- Neko Navy: Daydream Edition
- NAIRI: Tower of Shirin
- Sky Rogue
- Magic Scroll Tactics
- Light Fingers
- Sumer
- Behind the Screen
- Alwa's Awakening
- Subsurface Circular
- Quarantine Circular
- Whip! Whip!
- Bombslinger
- Angels of Death
- Framed Collection
- Zaccaria Pinball
- Shelter Generations
- Eternum EX
- Dragon Fang Z (it was released in PS4 only in Japan)
- Cattails
- Morphies Law
- Danmaku Unlimited 3
- VOEZ
- Lanota
- Super Beat Sports
- Blaster Master Zero
- Azure Striker Gunvolt: Striker Pack
- Dragon Marked for Death
- Element
- Severed
- Madorica Real Estate
- Pirate Pop Plus
- Lode Runner Legacy
- Dokuro
- World of Goo
- Little Inferno
- Human Resource Machine
- 7 Billions Humans
- Tiny Barbarian DX
- Splitter Critters
- The Darkside Detective
- The Room
- MechaNika
- Agatha Knife
- Baobabs Mausoleum - Ep. 1: Ovnifagos Don't Eat Flamingos
- Space Dave!
- Debris Infinity
- Toki Tori
- 6180 the Moon
- #Breakforcist Battle
- A Normal Lost Phone
- Another Lost Phone: Laura's Story
- RXN: Raijin
- Quad Fighter K
- Astro Duel Deluxe
- Levels+ : Addictive Puzzle Game
- Passpartout: The Starving Artist
- Carcassonne
- Circle of Sumo
- Crush your Enemies
- Earthworms
- Draw a Stickman: EPIC 2
- Game Dev Story
- Hot Springs Story
- Dungeon Village
- Venture Towns
- Fairune Collection
- Pianista: The Legendary Virtuoso
- Goetia
- Hacky Zack
- Implosion
- Kadobat Wars
- Lost in Harmony
- Manticore: Galaxy on Fire
- Miles & Kilo
- Mom Hid My Game!
- Never Stop Sneakin'
- Neo Atlas 1469
- OPUS: Rocket of Whispers
- OPUS: The Day We Found Earth
- Puzzle Adventure Blockle
- A Robot Named Fight
- Super One More Jump
- Sausage Sports Club
- Yodanji

OP
OP
KORNdog

KORNdog

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
The OP is clearly asking about Indie games on Switch that aren't on PS4, so the existence of a PC version is not a reason to not suggest a game.

yup. being on PC too is fine. i just want some stuff i can't find elsewhere on consoles basically.

there's been a lot of good suggestions though that should keep me busy :)

Bushido

Senior Game Designer
Verified
Feb 6, 2018
Yeah a lot of Switch indie exclusive only seem that way because not a lot of people talk about the PC release. So here is off the top of MY head, The List™ you can choose from.

Notable Exclusives Console or Truly:
Golf Story
Kamiko
Snipperclips Plus
Black Hole (Original on Ouya)
Zarvot
Mercenaries Saga Chronicles
Pode
Friday the 13th DX
Fast RMX
Blaster Master Zero (On 3DS)
Azure Striker Gunvolt: Striker Pack (On PC/3DS)
The Messenger (On PC)
Wandersong (On PC)
Marble It Up! (On PC)
Just Beats And Shapes (On PC)
Gris (On PC)
Aaero: Complete Edition (On PC)
Into the Breach (On PC)
West of Loathing (On PC)
Bomb Chicken (On PC)
Cave Story+ (On PC)
Good list. One addition: Blossom Tales, which is a pretty decent 2D Zelda clone:

Overall I'd recommend Golf Story, The Messenger, Wandersong, Fast RMX, Snipperclips, Gris and Into the Breach.