• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

aisback

Oct 27, 2017
I just got this email from Nintendo UK

Thank you for your recent pre-order of Nintendo GameCube Controller Adapter for Nintendo Switch through the Nintendo Official UK Store.

We are contacting you as the GameCube Controller adapter has been postponed until May 2019 due to unforeseen production issues.

Please rest assured that once we have a confirmed launch date we will notify you and does not impact any other Super Smash Bros. Ultimate items you may have pre-ordered at the same time.

You do not need to do anything at this time, but if you wish to cancel your order you can do this by logging in to your Account on the Nintendo Official UK Store website.

Should you require any further assistance with this or anything else, you can contact us by:

• Sending a message via your Official Store account

• Sending an email to our Customer Support Team to the following email address at [email protected]

Kind regards,
Nintendo Official UK Store

Anyone from USA Era get a similar email?

Update 25th March 2019

I got an email saying mine has finally been dispatched

Last edited:

Darren

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Fuck I have the Limited Edition that comes with a GameCube adapter pre-ordered. I wonder if I'll get it.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Isn't that adapter also a part of the Smash limited edition? Dunno how that works out ... removed from the CE and sent to you at a later date, leaving you with a useless GC controller until then? Limited edition delayed?

Tidalwaves

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Ah this confused me cause I had just went to GameStop yesterday and bought one. US here, though.

z0m3le

Oct 25, 2017
The Wii U adapter should work, they allow ethernet adapters for the Wii to work (I have one) The Switch has also been compatible with the Wii U Gamecube adapter before 5.0 as well.

Lizardus

Oct 25, 2017
Canada here, I ordered mine earlier this week and it already shipped so it must be an EU thing. Might want to change the title.

BGBW

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe the LE has been given priority so as not to delay it so this only affects the standalone adaptor.

They haven't sent out an email regarding the LE after all.

Lumbai

Apr 12, 2018
UK
What an actual joke from Ninty (UK only? Or whole Europe?)
Good thing I've got USB Hori gamecube controllers on the way...

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Add me to the list of people wondering what happens to the bundle lol.

BGBW

Oct 25, 2017
Saying that, I'd be perfectly happy to exchange the adaptor and GCN controller for the Pro Controller instead.

SCB360

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I wonder if they're short stocked for standalones and need to put them into the Smash LE

Ereineon

Nov 8, 2017
i have mine and is working.
its a third party adapter for de wiiU/switch/PC (13€) and it works like a charm... i have tested it in ARMS, and mario kart so far and no problems xd so i hope that it will be the same with smash

Dr. Collins

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I got mine over a week ago from Amazon. I live in Michigan, USA. Maybe they just didn't ship enough to UK and prioritized larger markets? Either way, that sucks.

Skronk

Nov 22, 2017
I've still got one from the Wii U days also I'm sure you can get third party ones, it's not exactly a high tech thing.

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
Christmas is cancelled.

I wonder if the standalone controller is delayed too.

Wasn't there supposed to be a Smash bundle that included this adaptor?

OP
OP
aisback

aisback

Oct 27, 2017
Mine has finally been dispatched after months of waiting.

Anyone else in the same boat.