Switch Homebrew is now running Android (play native SHIELD games like Portal, Borderlands 2, MGS3; mobile ports like GTA SA + even stream Overwatch)

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
Yes I did. Doing again

how to get back my sd to normal for windoS afterward ? I want to try my 256gb. Took so much time on my 400 maybe something is wrong. How long is that supposed to take ?(gapps)
Hmm yeah that would be worth a try, card-speed plays a big role here and if the flashing took you already 20 minutes chances are you couldn't have used Android satisfactory with that card anyway. Flashing took around 5 minutes with my 32gb card and Android is still somewhat choppy on it.

Oh and yeah I had big trouble getting my SD back to Windows-readability too with Windows itself. I ended up using macOS on my Macbook which managed to get it back to a normal state in a breeze. I assume Linux would make it just as easy, Windows is very limited with these operations.

Falus

Oct 27, 2017
Hmm yeah that would be worth a try, card-speed plays a big role here and if the flashing took you already 20 minutes chances are you couldn't have used Android satisfactory with that card anyway. Flashing took around 5 minutes with my 32gb card and Android is still somewhat choppy on it.

Oh and yeah I had big trouble getting my SD back to Windows-readability too with Windows itself. I ended up using macOS on my Macbook which managed to get it back to a normal state in a breeze. I assume Linux would make it just as easy, Windows is very limited with these operations.
Tried another card (256). Took 5min. Followed every step. Still stuck on a black screen :(

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
Finally worked ... with my 256
I had to use the 64gb files. The 128 didn’t work for some reasons

now I need to format my 400 to use on my’laptop Again ... don’t known how lol
Maybe it's a bug in the 128gb image but glad you got it working in the end! :) And in the worst case load any Linux Live USB distro and do a complete MBR or GPT format with the Gparted GUI or whatever Linux uses these days, the SD images have a funky hybrid MBR going on that throws Windows completely out of whack.

Falus

Oct 27, 2017
Maybe it's a bug in the 128gb image but glad you got it working in the end! :) And in the worst case load any Linux Live USB distro and do a complete MBR or GPT format with the Gparted GUI or whatever Linux uses these days, the SD images have a funky hybrid MBR going on that throws Windows completely out of whack.
Don’t understand anything 😅
But that 64gb gives only 48gb left after installation... not a lot of memory space

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
Ok. I’ll try to borrow a MacBook from a friend

thanks !
testing android ... screen rotation is buggy ? Can’t rotate at will. Sometimes it does. Often it doesn’t :o
Easy actually I found on xda. Using disk part / clean / create partition. Works flawlessly

now I need to find a way touse the remaining space on the sd Android
Yeah Rotation is buggy and the Touchscreen isn't properly calibrated yet, that's normal. And oh, Diskpart didn't work for me but maybe I was missing something, glad you got that sorted. As for the remaining space, a tool is in the making that will handle this but for now there is this manual tutorial you can follow in a Linux VM: https://gbatemp.net/threads/setup-guide-setting-up-android-with-emummc-bigger-fat32-partition.544981/

Falus

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah Rotation is buggy and the Touchscreen isn't properly calibrated yet, that's normal. And oh, Diskpart didn't work for me but maybe I was missing something, glad you got that sorted. As for the remaining space, a tool is in the making that will handle this but for now there is this manual tutorial you can follow in a Linux VM: https://gbatemp.net/threads/setup-guide-setting-up-android-with-emummc-bigger-fat32-partition.544981/
Never touched Linux. I’ll wait something else ...
For now maybe I’ll buy an usb C key I saw you can mount it it may work ?
My last android device was ages ago. I already bought GTA , and strangers wrath. Both play amazing with joycon. I’m speechless never liked play on phone but this is genuine. Though it’s not totally full screen (like 90%. Missing down right corner a bit )

need to get remote play and emulator working now.

as for rotation i installed rotation control. It’s manual but easy from the notification area. One touch you go from landscape to portrait

Angst

Oct 27, 2017
Is it possible to dual boot this with Atmosphere? I really want to do this but I just don't feel like grabbing another SD

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
Never touched Linux. I’ll wait something else ...
For now maybe I’ll buy an usb C key I saw you can mount it it may work ?
My last android device was ages ago. I already bought GTA , and strangers wrath. Both play amazing with joycon. I’m speechless never liked play on phone but this is genuine. Though it’s not totally full screen (like 90%. Missing down right corner a bit )

need to get remote play and emulator working now.

as for rotation i installed rotation control. It’s manual but easy from the notification area. One touch you go from landscape to portrait
Alright! And yeah there are USB-C keys that sent payloads, I never used one so far though so I can't comment on them. Otherwise I'm glad everything goes mostly smooth for you, enjoy! :) I'll definitely check out Rotation Control!

Falus

Oct 27, 2017
Alright! And yeah there are USB-C keys that sent payloads, I never used one so far though so I can't comment on them. Otherwise I'm glad everything goes mostly smooth for you, enjoy! :) I'll definitely check out Rotation Control!
I meant USB key for storage not payload.
I’ll use this switch 100% for Android I have the new one for normal use so I won’t need to go rcm often I think

Falus

Oct 27, 2017
I’ve been using and trying things for a whole day. Not bad for such a new release. It runs from sd card so some times it’s sluggish but quite ok. Retro arch is good but can’t load dc/PSx/ psp. Crash. No idea why. Can’t wait for better release. I’ll use another SD to just install normal cfw to try

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
I’ve been using and trying things for a whole day. Not bad for such a new release. It runs from sd card so some times it’s sluggish but quite ok. Retro arch is good but can’t load dc/PSx/ psp. Crash. No idea why. Can’t wait for better release. I’ll use another SD to just install normal cfw to try
They are working on a Android 9 release, I'm looking forward to that one.