• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Brandino

Banned
Jan 9, 2018
Since this is android and there's bluetooth connectivity, would I be able to pair my xbox 1 controller to it if I'm docked?

OP
OP
vestan

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
NFS Underground 2 through Dolphin is running pretty well. Obviously it could be better but this is just the start of things to come.

OP
OP
vestan

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017

horkrux

Oct 27, 2017
Oof

You can't change HL2's resolution through the config. I don't even know where it saves this setting on PC...
Oh well, just gonna keep playing at whatever this is set to then.

Shaneus

Oct 27, 2017

Alvis

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Spain
So the joycons work via Bluetooth even in handheld mode? are there plans to support the physical connector?
EDIT:
My stick is not working as an analog stick. I'm playing Mario 64 and I can only move in 8 directions. I flashed the joycon fix zip. Is this normal?

Last edited:

Alvis

Oct 25, 2017
Spain
Soooo apparently I can't inject payloads from my phone, the app doesn't work. I need to use my PC. Not being able to boot my Switch to Android while on the go is a pain in the ass.

Can someone recommend me a cheap dedicated payload injector? I don't care if it ships from China or whatever.
FWIW I got the NS-Atmosphere, which is a jig plus payload dropper, so you don't need to hook up a PC or whatever.
Where did you buy it?

Alvis

Oct 25, 2017
Spain
I can't inject payloads with my phone (Moto G7 Plus) Any tips? Is it because I'm using a type C to type C cable?

Shoichi

Jan 10, 2018
I can't inject payloads with my phone (Moto G7 Plus) Any tips? Is it because I'm using a type C to type C cable?
Soooo apparently I can't inject payloads from my phone, the app doesn't work. I need to use my PC. Not being able to boot my Switch to Android while on the go is a pain in the ass.

Can someone recommend me a cheap dedicated payload injector? I don't care if it ships from China or whatever.

Where did you buy it?

By what do you mean the app doesn't work? It installs but doesn't recognize?

This is a good injector http://www.ns-atmosphere.com/en/ just need to find the least sketchy online store that sells it

Shaneus

Oct 27, 2017
Oh nice. I have an Android phone and necessary cables already, but if that gets annoying I'll order this. It's cheap enough.
I have an Android phone too and tried to dump the payload, but couldn't get to fully work for whatever reason. NS-Atmosphere (or whatever alternatives, I've seen smaller looking equivalents) I couldn't recommend enough. But make sure it includes a jig, so you can put it away afterwards.

I'd pay good money for one that includes a micro SD card holder as well, it's so damn finicky dealing with the Switch official ones especially when dealing with multiple homebrew (Atmosphere/Horizion, Lakka and of course my "normal" card).

Where did you buy it?
Just eBay. Don't bother avoiding cheap knockoffs or whatever, they're all cheap! Besides, as long as you're able to put a payload on the device (and NS-Atmosphere has their own website) the quality doesn't really matter.

Fake edit: I can't seem to find them on eBay anymore? I guess maybe AliExpress will be fine.

Here's an alternative I'm considering getting too, looks smaller and still has the jig included. And this GBAtemp thread has a few covered, too :)

Last edited:

Pancakes R Us

Oct 27, 2017
Probably gonna give it a few more months before I jump in. Here's to hoping the GameCube emulation improves significantly.

Alvis

Oct 25, 2017
Spain
I see a lot of payload injectors, but I can't find a single link to actually buy one. Any help please?

SwitchedOff

Oct 28, 2017
I see a lot of payload injectors, but I can't find a single link to actually buy one. Any help please?

First, decide which one you want. NS-Atmosphere seems to be highly regarded (I don't have one though):

Then look for someone who sells it in your country or elsewhere.

In the meantime you can always inject a payload with your PC, Android phone, iPhone, etc. You'll also need a suitable USB cable (make sure that whatever you buy has a 56k ohm pullup resistor within it, a good seller should state this). So it will need to be USB-C to whatever the USB port type is on the device you plan to use as the injector.

Edit: and don't forget the RCM jig either.

Last edited:

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
First, decide which one you want. NS-Atmosphere seems to be highly regarded:

In the meantime you can always inject a payload with your PC, Android phone, iPhone, etc. You'll also need a suitable USB cable (make sure that whatever you buy has a 56k ohm pullup resistor within it, a good seller should state this). So it will need to be USB-C to whatever the USB port type is on the device you plan to use as the injector.

So I couldn't use the standard USB-C charging cable that came with my Xiaomi Mi 8 along with a USB-C OTG adapter?

Alvis

Oct 25, 2017
Spain
First, decide which one you want. NS-Atmosphere seems to be highly regarded:

I already use my PC to inject payloads. But I want to be able to inject them on the go, and for some reason my phone (Moto G7 Plus) won't work for injecting payloads with a type C to type C cable. :(

I can't find anywhere to buy the NS atmosphere that ships to Spain :(

SwitchedOff

Oct 28, 2017
I already use my PC to inject payloads. But I want to be able to inject them on the go, and for some reason my phone (Moto G7 Plus) won't work for injecting payloads with a type C to type C cable. :(

I can't find anywhere to buy the NS atmosphere that ships to Spain :(

Really? Surely there must be a reseller who has it, if not in Spain then a nearby country.

SwitchedOff

Oct 28, 2017
I wasn't aware this was necessary :/ Hope it'll be okay though! Currently have the same one for normal Switch operation.

As the SD card is being used as the sole storage device (Switch android won't install to the built in eMMC storage) Android will be doing a lot of reading and writing therefore you do need a fast microSD card. If it's not fast enough you'll notice long boot times and slow app loading, navigation, etc.

What card have you ordered? The card you currently use for normal Switch operation may not be fast enough to act as adequate storage for the Android installation as you need fast read/write access.

Thecrunked

Oct 25, 2017
For anyone looking to get into hacking your switch, my advice is to buy any cheap jig from eBay, don't worry about a payload injection device, you can use your PC or Android phone to do that. You will need to frequently plug in a payload device to your PC to update the payload anyway.

Also check out https://sdsetup.com you can select exactly what software you want to run on your switch. It's as easy as select check boxes, it will build you a custom zip file to extract on the root of your sd card. I recommend kosmos, it's the most stable. You can also get payloads and PC/Android payload launchers. Basically a 1 stop shop

I would also recommend /r/switchhaxing for help, guides, new releases.

You will also want to look into emmunand in order to essentially dual boot original firmware, hacked firmware and Android

SwitchedOff

Oct 28, 2017
For anyone looking to get into hacking your switch, my advice is to buy any cheap jig from eBay, don't worry about a payload injection device, you can use your PC or Android phone to do that. You will need to frequently plug in a payload device to your PC to update the payload anyway.

Also check out https://sdsetup.com you can select exactly what software you want to run on your switch. It's as easy as select check boxes, it will build you a custom zip file to extract on the root of your sd card. I recommend kosmos, it's the most stable. You can also get payloads and PC/Android payload launchers. Basically a 1 stop shop

I would also recommend /r/switchhaxing for help, guides, new releases.

You will also want to look into emmunand in order to essentially dual boot original firmware, hacked firmware and Android

And don't forget the new Switchroot subreddit which was only created yesterday and is already proving useful -

Falus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Can't wait for new switch

i have a launch switch 100% homebrew capable , the Dongle and a 256 sd ready

currently what's the stats of 100% perfect emulation ?

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
So do you NEED a separate SD Card in order to get Android running, or is it just a matter of size and you can use one SD card for both Switch and Android stuff?

And does this hack work like the 3DS or current Vita hack where you can just turn the system on and you're good to go, or do you need to use that Jig thing every time you want to go from regular Switch operation to homebrew/Android?

Brandino

Banned
Jan 9, 2018
So do you NEED a separate SD Card in order to get Android running, or is it just a matter of size and you can use one SD card for both Switch and Android stuff?

And does this hack work like the 3DS or current Vita hack where you can just turn the system on and you're good to go, or do you need to use that Jig thing every time you want to go from regular Switch operation to homebrew/Android?

I think you need to use the jig each time you want to go from Switch OS to android.

As far as large sd cards, I would think you could just partition the unused parts, but I haven't had the chance to play around with it yet

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
I think you need to use the jig each time you want to go from Switch OS to android.

As far as large sd cards, I would think you could just partition the unused parts, but I haven't had the chance to play around with it yet
Thanks!

I'm probably going to hold off on this for at least a few months. Hopefully by then most of the rougher parts will be ironed out or there'll be instructions for most potential issues that might crop up by then. Definitely going to bookmark that Reddit thread, should be very helpful.

As it is now, it actually seems like less work than it was to hack my 3DS, that required so many files to be moved around and deleted, but this does require the physical jig so that is a downside.

iswasdoes

Nov 13, 2017
Londinium
I'm super excited for this. Once the kinks have been ironed out this will be the one device to rule them all. The fact that GeForce now works well is a game changer

I'm sure we'll eventually get a cold boot where you turn it on and just choose switch or android mode

Now just need some 3rd party joycons with analogue triggers!

Acquila

Oct 26, 2017
You can sideload the APK.

No, it's not that straightforward unless this changed in the last year or so. The Remote Play app literally doesn't work without some OS modules found only in Sony phones. There used to be a modded APK that you could sideload, but it broke every time the app or the PS4 got an update, so the author eventually just gave up.