• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Brandino

Banned
Jan 9, 2018
I managed to get it working last night. Didn't get much of a chance to play around. Do I already need to be in the beta to use GeForce Now? I used shildifier to get the shield tv app

Alvis

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Spain
Apparently Switchroot renders internally at 1080p and downscales to 720p, which masivelly hurts peformance especially in Dolphin. You can change it to 720p with apps like Easy DPI changer (if rooted) the 720p boot image. The dev says the next version will have the proper resolution set.

Dolphin's performance after setting Android to 720p

Last edited:

Brandino

Banned
Jan 9, 2018
I managed to get it working last night. Didn't get much of a chance to play around. Do I already need to be in the beta to use GeForce Now? I used shildifier to get the shield tv app
Answered my own question. I can access it through the Nvidia Games app. So here's some photos of The Witcher 3 running at 1080p via Nvidia Game Stream at max settings including hairworks.

And WWE 2k19 benchmark just for the heck of it

VTUaLdq.jpg
sYMJ7ci.jpg
l8POcld.jpg
WOPOgu5.jpg

8nhgCBK.jpg

Last edited:

Icey

Oct 27, 2017
For anyone looking for a payload launcher look for rcm loader on aliexpress. Comes with a jig built into the hardware of it too. Took 3 weeks to get here but works great.

Well they seem to be all gone from aliexpress but here it is on Amazon.
Fullwei Upgrade Bluetooth Payloads Injector Transmitter Support for Nintend o Switch for PC Host Use, RCM Loader ONE Injector, Support Windows, Macos, Linux, Android and Other Systems (Black) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07S89LT97/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_SL6rDbM1MW2PS

Last edited:

efr

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jun 19, 2019
What kind of speed mini sd card should I buy for this? Does storage size matter? I see a 16GB image for this

Shaneus

Oct 27, 2017
I was a bit ho-hum about this, but just noticed DraStic works flawlessly on this. I assume you can just use a Google Play account to login and download old purchases (like an Android device, I guess)?

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
So I have all parts together now, could someone maybe link me the most up-to-date tutorial that also explains the whole RCM procedure? As it stands I'm not even sure how to slide the jig onto the rail the right way and I don't want to accidentally short the wrong things.

OP
OP
vestan

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
So I have all parts together now, could someone maybe link me the most up-to-date tutorial that also explains the whole RCM procedure? As it stands I'm not even sure how to slide the jig onto the rail the right way and I don't want to accidentally short the wrong things.
Took a quick look at these vids and it seems to have everything you need to start with

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
Cool! If you have any questions, let me know and I'll try my best to answer 'em

Thank you very much again, will do! Weirdly enough my most anticipated use-case right now is hopefully being able to play Honkai Impact 3rd on the Switch as the form-factor and touchscreen makes the Switch the perfect device for it.

OP
OP
vestan

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Thank you very much again, will do! Weirdly enough my most anticipated use-case right now is hopefully being able to play Honkai Impact 3rd on the Switch as the form-factor and touchscreen makes the Switch the perfect device for it.
I managed to find a vid of someone playing it actually, take a look!

OP
OP
vestan

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Wow nice! Performance still looks a bit wonky but I wager that will be fixed when the next release of Android for Switch renders in 720p instead of doing a 1080p --> 720p downscale.
You can actually force it to 720p by using Easy DPI changer. That's how I got to full speed on Bully. It's a good solution for now until like you say, the next release does it automatically.

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
vestan just to confirm, I setup the SD-card now and have the payload program on my PC, all I do now is put the SD-card in, slide the jig in and let it do its thing and after everything is done I can just reboot my Switch and it's 100% like nothing happened?

OP
OP
vestan

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
vestan just to confirm, I setup the SD-card now and have the payload program on my PC, all I do now is put the SD-card in, slide the jig in and let it do its thing and after everything is done I can just reboot my Switch and it's 100% like nothing happened?
Is this if you want to enter Android? Cuz then yeah, but remember to enter RCM mode first by holding the VOL+ button and the POWER button at the same time while the jig is in, THEN you push the payload to your Switch from your PC. If you don't have AutoRCM enabled, rebooting your Switch and putting your normal SD card back in will boot it into the official firmware like nothing happened, yeah.

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
Is this if you want to enter Android? Cuz then yeah, but remember to enter RCM mode first by holding the VOL+ button and the POWER button at the same time while the jig is in, THEN you push the payload to your Switch from your PC. If you don't have AutoRCM enabled, rebooting your Switch and putting your normal SD card back in will boot it into the official firmware like nothing happened, yeah.

Yeah I just want to boot Android and leave my SysNAND absolutely untouched. Well let's see where I get! :D

efr

Banned
Jun 19, 2019
will this work with the upcoming switch lite?
Nintendo has the Switch locked down pretty good, which is why we dont have many apps or a web browser. The exploit is nvidia's fault that they fixed last year. Unless Nintendo messes up reallllllly bad at launch(they wont) homebrew on the updated switches and lite is going to be way off

OP
OP
vestan

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Yeah I just want to boot Android and leave my SysNAND absolutely untouched. Well let's see where I get! :D
If you aren't going further than Android then nothing will happen to your sysNAND as all of these Android shenanigans are being done on a seperate SD card. If you were to say, install an .NSP while on CFW then your sysNAND wouldn't be clean anymore.

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
If you aren't going further than Android then nothing will happen to your sysNAND as all of these Android shenanigans are being done on a seperate SD card. If you were to say, install an .NSP while on CFW then your sysNAND wouldn't be clean anymore.

So like on the 3DS, alright! Yeah I just want Android since I use this Switch with quite a few digital games and lots and lots of online.

OP
OP
vestan

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Alright, I'm about to do it now although one very stupid question, which way do I slide the jig in? With the metal-pins pointed towards the bottom or the top? Mine has arrows in both directions.
Have the metal points point towards the bottom. Slide it in like you'd slide in a Joycon except have it face outwards. It should click into place.

Brandino

Banned
Jan 9, 2018
Alright, I'm about to do it now although one very stupid question, which way do I slide the jig in? With the metal-pins pointed towards the bottom or the top? Mine has arrows in both directions.
Have the metal points point towards the bottom. Slide it in like you'd slide in a Joycon except have it face outwards. It should click into place.
Also, don't forget to flash the gaps and shiledifier before you boot to android. Otherwise it won't work right and you'll have to start over

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017

Okay thanks! I flashed everything in TWRP and currently boot LineageOS I think, I'm still waiting on the boot-process, black screen backlight on. One thing, I did the RCM button-combo wrong at first and it booted in the normal SwitchOS with the Android OS SD-card in, I hope that didn't flag anything :P

OP
OP
vestan

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
One thing, I did the RCM button-combo wrong at first and it booted in the normal SwitchOS with the Android OS SD-card in, I hope that didn't flag anything :P
Lol, not to worry. You literally have to go out of your way to dirty your sysNAND, it's not something that happens automatically or anything. If you're worried, you can always back it up so if say you installed some homebrew apps but wanted to go back to using Switch Online but don't want to get banned, you can restore the sysNAND as if nothing happened.

efr

Banned
Jun 19, 2019
Lol, not to worry. You literally have to go out of your way to dirty your sysNAND, it's not something that happens automatically or anything. If you're worried, you can always back it up so if say you installed some homebrew apps but wanted to go back to using Switch Online but don't want to get banned, you can restore the sysNAND as if nothing happened.
I'm pretty sure the only way to get a ban is to poke Nintendo's servers or try to play a digital only game you dont own. Nintendo is pretty chill about homebrew stuff if you arent actively trying to cheat or be a dirty pirate.

That being said, it's better to be safe than sorry.

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017

Okay alright, like said I won't do anything beyond Android at this point. I think I messed something up though, Android is sitting at the black screen for almost 10 minutes now.

Kaswa101

Oct 28, 2017
How do you go about changing the resolution to 720p? Just did a fresh Android install.

EDIT: Nvm :)

Last edited:

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
How do you go about changing the resolution to 720p? Just did a fresh Android install.

EDIT: Nvm :)

How did you do it? :o

vestan I did manage to boot Android now after a full retry, I forgot to wipe the caches yesterday that's why Android didn't boot. Everything seems quite snappy on my 80mb/s SanDisk Ultra card and I had a good experience so far even if the touch-screen seems to be somewhat hypersensitive and inaccurate but nothing badly. Could you give me a pointer how to achieve root and run Easy DPI Changer along with getting Magisk going so I can play games while getting touch to Joycon controls?

Oh and from what I got despite the Joycons being attached I still have to pair them via bluetooth right?

Another weird thing I noticed, Hyperion Launcher Free doesn't show up on the PlayStore while Hyperion Launcher Supreme does but sadly I can't download that as I have Hyperion Launcher Pro which isn't a thing anymore and morphed to Supreme, maybe I'll just pay the extra 2€ for Supreme as I love Hyperion as a launcher.

Oct 27, 2017
I'm pretty sure the only way to get a ban is to poke Nintendo's servers or try to play a digital only game you dont own. Nintendo is pretty chill about homebrew stuff if you arent actively trying to cheat or be a dirty pirate.

That being said, it's better to be safe than sorry.

No, they really, really aren't.

Alvis

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Spain
How did you do it? :o

vestan I did manage to boot Android now after a full retry, I forgot to wipe the caches yesterday that's why Android didn't boot. Everything seems quite snappy on my 80mb/s SanDisk Ultra card and I had a good experience so far even if the touch-screen seems to be somewhat hypersensitive and inaccurate but nothing badly. Could you give me a pointer how to achieve root and run Easy DPI Changer along with getting Magisk going so I can play games while getting touch to Joycon controls?

Oh and from what I got despite the Joycons being attached I still have to pair them via bluetooth right?

Another weird thing I noticed, Hyperion Launcher Free doesn't show up on the PlayStore while Hyperion Launcher Supreme does but sadly I can't download that as I have Hyperion Launcher Pro which isn't a thing anymore and morphed to Supreme, maybe I'll just pay the extra 2€ for Supreme as I love Hyperion as a launcher.
Don't use crappy broken DPI changing apps, easy DPI changer basically broke my android install, just flash the 720p boot image:

Go to TWRP, flash, choose the option to show image files instead of zip files, and flash it to the boot partition.

OP
OP
vestan

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017

Proteus

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
How will this work with a CLASS 10 A1 U1 SD card?

Should I bother? I want high capacity and I have a 400gb available.

Ac30

Oct 30, 2017
London
Cool! If you have any questions, let me know and I'll try my best to answer 'em

Has anyone figured out a way to make booting to Atmosphere or the like permanent upon boot/the default OS? My Switch battery is getting long in the tooth and having to RCM -> boot with PC is tiring af, and I really just want SysClck on.

Oct 27, 2017
Has anyone figured out a way to make booting to Atmosphere or the like permanent upon boot/the default OS? My Switch battery is getting long in the tooth and having to RCM -> boot with PC is tiring af, and I really just want SysClck on.

To my knowledge, not without a hardware mod. If you are on a firmware above 4.1, the closest thing is to enable AutoRCM (to automatically enter RCM on boot), then use a portable payload injector so that you don't need a PC/phone.

If you're on 4.1 or below, you can boot into OFW and then use web exploits to reboot into CFW.

Ac30

Oct 30, 2017
London
To my knowledge, not without a hardware mod. If you are on a firmware above 4.1, the closest thing is to enable AutoRCM (to automatically enter RCM on boot), then use a portable payload injector so that you don't need a PC/phone.

If you're on 4.1 or below, you can boot into OFW and then use web exploits to reboot into CFW.
Ugh, that sucks, thanks

SpankyDoodle

Oct 25, 2017
This seems to be the most recent Homebrew thread so hopefully it's ok to ask - with the "New" Switch out I've started thinking about hacking my launch console sometime in the future but I've heard that there used to be lag with the JoyCon input, is that something that they've fixed by now?

Imur

Jan 4, 2018
This seems to be the most recent Homebrew thread so hopefully it's ok to ask - with the "New" Switch out I've started thinking about hacking my launch console sometime in the future but I've heard that there used to be lag with the JoyCon input, is that something that they've fixed by now?
I own a hacked Switch and I don't know what you are talking about. So yeah, it seems fixed.

GoodGamerGuy

Nov 15, 2017
This works great but the only issue thats stopping it from being perfect is the Analogs being detected as D-Pads instead, so makes it sort of useless for playing Steam Link games