• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
Yes I did. Doing again

how to get back my sd to normal for windoS afterward ? I want to try my 256gb. Took so much time on my 400 maybe something is wrong. How long is that supposed to take ?(gapps)

Hmm yeah that would be worth a try, card-speed plays a big role here and if the flashing took you already 20 minutes chances are you couldn't have used Android satisfactory with that card anyway. Flashing took around 5 minutes with my 32gb card and Android is still somewhat choppy on it.

Oh and yeah I had big trouble getting my SD back to Windows-readability too with Windows itself. I ended up using macOS on my Macbook which managed to get it back to a normal state in a breeze. I assume Linux would make it just as easy, Windows is very limited with these operations.

Falus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hmm yeah that would be worth a try, card-speed plays a big role here and if the flashing took you already 20 minutes chances are you couldn't have used Android satisfactory with that card anyway. Flashing took around 5 minutes with my 32gb card and Android is still somewhat choppy on it.

Oh and yeah I had big trouble getting my SD back to Windows-readability too with Windows itself. I ended up using macOS on my Macbook which managed to get it back to a normal state in a breeze. I assume Linux would make it just as easy, Windows is very limited with these operations.
Tried another card (256). Took 5min. Followed every step. Still stuck on a black screen :(

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
Finally worked ... with my 256
I had to use the 64gb files. The 128 didn't work for some reasons

now I need to format my 400 to use on my'laptop Again ... don't known how lol

Maybe it's a bug in the 128gb image but glad you got it working in the end! :) And in the worst case load any Linux Live USB distro and do a complete MBR or GPT format with the Gparted GUI or whatever Linux uses these days, the SD images have a funky hybrid MBR going on that throws Windows completely out of whack.

Falus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Maybe it's a bug in the 128gb image but glad you got it working in the end! :) And in the worst case load any Linux Live USB distro and do a complete MBR or GPT format with the Gparted GUI or whatever Linux uses these days, the SD images have a funky hybrid MBR going on that throws Windows completely out of whack.
Don't understand anything 😅
But that 64gb gives only 48gb left after installation... not a lot of memory space

Falus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Unfortunately I haven't found a way to recover the altered SD cards in Windows. And yeah though that's because it has to house the whole OS there.
Ok. I'll try to borrow a MacBook from a friend

thanks !
testing android ... screen rotation is buggy ? Can't rotate at will. Sometimes it does. Often it doesn't :o

Falus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Unfortunately I haven't found a way to recover the altered SD cards in Windows. And yeah though that's because it has to house the whole OS there.
Easy actually I found on xda. Using disk part / clean / create partition. Works flawlessly

now I need to find a way touse the remaining space on the sd Android

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
Ok. I'll try to borrow a MacBook from a friend

thanks !
testing android ... screen rotation is buggy ? Can't rotate at will. Sometimes it does. Often it doesn't :o
Easy actually I found on xda. Using disk part / clean / create partition. Works flawlessly

now I need to find a way touse the remaining space on the sd Android

Yeah Rotation is buggy and the Touchscreen isn't properly calibrated yet, that's normal. And oh, Diskpart didn't work for me but maybe I was missing something, glad you got that sorted. As for the remaining space, a tool is in the making that will handle this but for now there is this manual tutorial you can follow in a Linux VM: https://gbatemp.net/threads/setup-g...id-with-emummc-bigger-fat32-partition.544981/

Falus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah Rotation is buggy and the Touchscreen isn't properly calibrated yet, that's normal. And oh, Diskpart didn't work for me but maybe I was missing something, glad you got that sorted. As for the remaining space, a tool is in the making that will handle this but for now there is this manual tutorial you can follow in a Linux VM: https://gbatemp.net/threads/setup-g...id-with-emummc-bigger-fat32-partition.544981/
Never touched Linux. I'll wait something else ...
For now maybe I'll buy an usb C key I saw you can mount it it may work ?
My last android device was ages ago. I already bought GTA , and strangers wrath. Both play amazing with joycon. I'm speechless never liked play on phone but this is genuine. Though it's not totally full screen (like 90%. Missing down right corner a bit )

need to get remote play and emulator working now.

as for rotation i installed rotation control. It's manual but easy from the notification area. One touch you go from landscape to portrait

Angst

Oct 27, 2017
Is it possible to dual boot this with Atmosphere? I really want to do this but I just don't feel like grabbing another SD

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
Never touched Linux. I'll wait something else ...
For now maybe I'll buy an usb C key I saw you can mount it it may work ?
My last android device was ages ago. I already bought GTA , and strangers wrath. Both play amazing with joycon. I'm speechless never liked play on phone but this is genuine. Though it's not totally full screen (like 90%. Missing down right corner a bit )

need to get remote play and emulator working now.

as for rotation i installed rotation control. It's manual but easy from the notification area. One touch you go from landscape to portrait

Alright! And yeah there are USB-C keys that sent payloads, I never used one so far though so I can't comment on them. Otherwise I'm glad everything goes mostly smooth for you, enjoy! :) I'll definitely check out Rotation Control!

Falus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Alright! And yeah there are USB-C keys that sent payloads, I never used one so far though so I can't comment on them. Otherwise I'm glad everything goes mostly smooth for you, enjoy! :) I'll definitely check out Rotation Control!
I meant USB key for storage not payload.
I'll use this switch 100% for Android I have the new one for normal use so I won't need to go rcm often I think

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
I meant USB key for storage not payload.
I'll use this switch 100% for Android I have the new one for normal use so I won't need to go rcm often I think

Ah alright! I'm waiting for the SD expansion tool to hit myself as I only have one Switch and don't mind dual-booting but swapping the SD cards got annoying really fast.

Falus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I've been using and trying things for a whole day. Not bad for such a new release. It runs from sd card so some times it's sluggish but quite ok. Retro arch is good but can't load dc/PSx/ psp. Crash. No idea why. Can't wait for better release. I'll use another SD to just install normal cfw to try

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
I've been using and trying things for a whole day. Not bad for such a new release. It runs from sd card so some times it's sluggish but quite ok. Retro arch is good but can't load dc/PSx/ psp. Crash. No idea why. Can't wait for better release. I'll use another SD to just install normal cfw to try

They are working on a Android 9 release, I'm looking forward to that one.

Icey

Oct 27, 2017
Does anyone have any advice for storing microSD cards with their Switch? I've seen blank 3D-printed cartridges that can store (but not read, obvs) them so they're not kicking about my Switch case, but any other options would be appreciated.
Closest kinda commercial thing I've seen is this, but it's basically impossible to find now.

I just keep whichever sd card I'm not using in my rcmloader case. Works great for keeping track of it. You could also keep it in the adapter the micro sd come with so it's easier to not lose.

Falus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Just received my usb d'ongle to make boot easier. Going back to some tweaking today as I hated to use my computer always.

Slick Butter

Oct 25, 2017
I'm gonna give this stuff a go. I hope the next release has the controller stuff sorted out. Got my RCM jig coming this week. If Steam Link or AMD Link works well this will be absolutely amazing. If I'm seeing this stuff correctly, it just boots from an image on an SD directly from recovery mode, and doesn't touch the Switch's main OS or sysNAND at all right? So there's a fairly low chance of being banned for this?

Is overwatch 30fps on shield also?
It would be streamed, so whatever you can stream it at up to 60 FPS.

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
I'm gonna give this stuff a go. I hope the next release has the controller stuff sorted out. Got my RCM jig coming this week. If Steam Link or AMD Link works well this will be absolutely amazing. If I'm seeing this stuff correctly, it just boots from an image on an SD directly from recovery mode, and doesn't touch the Switch's main OS or sysNAND at all right? So there's a fairly low chance of being banned for this?

It would be streamed, so whatever you can stream it at up to 60 FPS.

Yeah that's correct, the OS has no way of knowing what happens.

Mar 31, 2018
I have a big interest in this.

Suppose: I want to put the files needed for Android together on a memory card, with a "program" that makes it possible to overclock games on the Horizon OS (name of the Nintendo Switch operating system). Is that possible to put both on one memory card, or do you need several of them? And what is the most user-friendly program to overclock my Switch? The Witcher 3 would look fantastic with docked CPU / GPU clock speeds in a portable form. I can stream for even better results, but I won't do that when I'm not home.

Slick Butter

Oct 25, 2017
Success! Got Android up and running! Was extremely easy, and quick not including flashing the image to the SD which took like 90 minutes.

Ac30

Oct 30, 2017
London
Does anyone know if you can update emuMMC to 9.0.0 using the official updater? I've only got legit eShop titles installed but one of my games requires an update and I need to update to 9.0.0 to download it...

Kinda wish there was a CFW OT tbh

Last edited:

Shaneus

Oct 27, 2017
Does anyone know if you can update emuMMC to 9.0.0 using the official updater? I've only got legit eShop titles installed but one of my games requires an update and I need to update to 9.0.0 to download it...

Kinda wish there was a CFW OT tbh
Using official updater... as in, go online with emuMMC? I would be very wary of doing that, best I know the only way to update without going online is to use this.

I don't need to do anything like that though, my emuNAND is still 8.1.0 and strictly offline (to Nintendo servers) while my actual NAND is 9.0.

Ac30

Oct 30, 2017
London
Using official updater... as in, go online with emuMMC? I would be very wary of doing that, best I know the only way to update without going online is to use this.

I don't need to do anything like that though, my emuNAND is still 8.1.0 and strictly offline (to Nintendo servers) while my actual NAND is 9.0.

I did it anyways, worked fine. I'm expecting a ban since I forgot to enable Airplane mode when I installed my emuMMC so

I just needed to play the new Trials DLC and without network my DLC wasn't activating :(

Slick Butter

Oct 25, 2017
Do analog sticks work properly now with Switch Root or are they still bugged like they were a few months back? Watching this video, it seems they're still digital which is annoying as I wanna get started on a Bully playthrough soon.
That video's from July. I am pretty sure sticks are still 8-way digital inputs, unfortunately. COD Mobile also no longer supports controllers in the official release :(

SwitchedOff

Oct 28, 2017
Update from the devs:

"Some updates on recent developments: lp0 aka deep sleep made a huge step forward as the Switch can now successfully resume after entering deep sleep. There are still software bugs to iron out before this is fully functional.

Next up is auto rotation. The IMU has finally been found and can be interfaced with. This means auto rotation of the screen based on device orientation is now possible!

Regarding updates: The next release will be either Pie or Q. It hasn't been decided yet but Q is more likely as it would come with much better joycon support including fully analog sticks. "

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
Update from the devs:

"Some updates on recent developments: lp0 aka deep sleep made a huge step forward as the Switch can now successfully resume after entering deep sleep. There are still software bugs to iron out before this is fully functional.

Next up is auto rotation. The IMU has finally been found and can be interfaced with. This means auto rotation of the screen based on device orientation is now possible!

Regarding updates: The next release will be either Pie or Q. It hasn't been decided yet but Q is more likely as it would come with much better joycon support including fully analog sticks. "

Very nice, I hope that hits soon! :D

OP
OP
vestan

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Update from the devs:

Awesome news

DreTheSage

Oct 27, 2017
Pensacola, FL
I'm pretty sure the only way to get a ban is to poke Nintendo's servers or try to play a digital only game you dont own. Nintendo is pretty chill about homebrew stuff if you arent actively trying to cheat or be a dirty pirate.

That being said, it's better to be safe than sorry.
Man I was shitting bricks when I realized Skyrim started automatically downloading while I was on Atmosphere CFW. I stopped it. Nothing else happened. All I could think of is 'damn I just alerted Nintendo that I jailbroke my Switch. They gonna ban me? I'll wait and see.'

I jailbroke to watch movies I could put on the Switch memory card or to stream through Kodi.

Only bad thing I wanna do play Super Mario Galaxy 2.

Naked Snake

Oct 27, 2017
Was excited to finally try this then I read about the sticks not working as analog... I guess I'll keep waiting :/