• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alice

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
I thought I'd just ask here since googling just led me to the same answers that don't fix my problem.

One of my joycons has this, apparently well known issue, where my stick tends to point upwards, even though it's centered. Nothing I do fixes this, not cleaning it with a toothbrush, not recallibrating it several times... Is there another fix for this?

Any of you guys have experience with that? I really don't feel like shelling out 70 bucks for another set that may or may not have the same issues eventually.

Booga

Alt account
Banned
Sep 15, 2018
You've got stick-drift I'm assuming. It's a pretty simple fix most of the time

Alien Manobo

Oct 27, 2017
Wd40 Contact Cleaner fixed my severe drifting problems. Drifting to the left was so bad that I couldnt even move right anymore despite countless calibrations. Just a few sprays and it fixed it.

About a month now since spraying and no more drifting

OP
OP
Alice

Alice

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Hm, I haven't tried removing the nub yet, maybe that's a fix. May eventually need to open the thing.

Thanks for the swift help you guys, I'll go read thorugh the other thread to see if there's some more input. It's a pity this issue is so common with controllers that expensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.