• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Oh come the fuck on, I was seriously hoping we'd get better Joycon internals this time around now that they aren't detachable.

Maple

Oct 27, 2017
This is bad. It points to a complete design failure rather than a manufacturing defect.

plusaflag

User requested ban
Banned
Jan 7, 2019
I kinda want to throw an infamous 'posting in the legendary thread' because, that's basically what I am doing.
Did Nintendo ever explain or clarify the origin of this drift?

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
How do they keep fucking this up so badly?

Deleted member 16657

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Oh come the fuck on, I was seriously hoping we'd get better internals this time around now that the Joycons aren't detachable.

Nintendo already talked about the Lite being a budget model to aggressively push units this holiday season. Putting in better internals is total antithetical to that goal.

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
I miss the days when Nintendo hardware was automatically associated with quality.

exodus

Oct 25, 2017
Why doesn't Nintendo just add a software deadzone? It really doesn't seem that hard to address this.

Var

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Dang. I am planning on picking one up when Animal Crossing comes out. Hopefully they can get it resolved by then.

Bradbury

Oct 28, 2017
Look I´m not saying it´s not gonna be a problem, but this is one person. I got a Dual Shock 4 with drift issues after a week. Hardware with problems happen

T002 Tyrant

Nov 8, 2018
Oh dear lord. I've long supported Nintendo and Joycons can be easily fixed but the Lite?! Seriously this isn't on. Okay the Joycons weren't on and we're terrible and should have been addressed in later versions, but the Lite? Fuck sake Nintendo get a grip!

Delriach

Combat Designer
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
I think that it's the camera trying to go back behind Link automatically.

This was my thought too but I don't have my game to confirm that that is a thing. But yeah, some game do automatically move the camera to reorient behind the character. The person who made the video should showcase another scenario. When mine were drifting with OG joycons I saw it in menus.

Thatguy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle WA
Thats not a Joycon. Thats the integrated controls. I hope it's not widespread or else it could become a major black eye for Nintendo. Lots of people miss this problem on OG Switch because they use a Pro Controller or other Joycons. With the Lite I would think most people would want to only use the integrated controls.

KTroopA

Oct 27, 2017
London, UK
watch this thread hit 500 posts in an hour. maybe

giphy.gif

Bomblord

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jan 11, 2018
Considering the problem was the seals wearing down and dust getting in how can the same issue be already happening?

Hollywood Duo

Oct 25, 2017
I'm gonna need a couple more examples. I don't have any doubt there will be some hardware failures but this isn't enough data to draw any conclusions with.

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
I think it's jumping the gun assuming a couple instances during a big launch like this signals a bigger problem. That said, if the engineering that causes the known problems with standard JoyCons wasn't changed for the built-in analog sticks for the Lite, that's incredibly lame on Nintendo's part.

oni-link

tag reference no one gets
Oct 25, 2017
UK
I miss the days when Nintendo hardware was automatically associated with quality.

Same

One of the reasons I've been waiting to get a Switch is because I want mine to work properly for more than 6 months

I hope they get stung with this, such an crappy design

Sitrus

Oct 31, 2017
Considering the problem was the seals wearing down and dust getting in how can the same issue be already happening?
No, it's not the seals. The internal pins inside the stick is scraping against some graphite pad and is wearing it down plus causing the debris of it to interfere with normal use.

TheMan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I've been contemplating buying a switch for my kids but I won't bother till Nintendo gets this shit addressed

Status
Not open for further replies.