• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

bdwnfn99

Oct 25, 2017
Well he should try to buy one and see if they'll actually break street date in the system

rare

Oct 25, 2017
Literally they won't be able to buy it because the register will block them from selling it before street date.

DrFunk

Oct 25, 2017
Rockmart is a 58 min drive from where I am. Who wants to contribute gas money?

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
yeah sometimes there's no set street date in the system and some random walmarts will just place whatever out when they get them

Welfare

Prophet of Truth - You’re my Numberwall
Oct 26, 2017
The true successor to the DS Lite then.

Elderly Parrot

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Aug 13, 2018
Ugh I have the urge to go to Walmart and I don't even want another switch

MegaXZero

One Winged Slayer
Jun 21, 2018
He better hide or the Nintendo ninjas will find him.

Can't believe he bought yellow

Shoichi

Jan 10, 2018
Reminds me of when I got the Switch early...but had nothing to play on it since no games got released for another week...

Guys definitely lucky to get it...whoever the worker was that decided to put the Switch Lite stock out for sale a week early is in trouble.

Last edited:

jetsetrez

Oct 27, 2017
I got an email today from Amazon saying something about launch day delivery being confirmed, I assume that just means they got their stock too. Maybe if other retailers break street date Nintendo will just let the flood gates open.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
Well that's a Switch lite. What's the big deal lol we all know what it does and what it doesn't do.

Give me that D-pad on the regular Switch you cowards!

Echo

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Mt. Whatever
I hope people who can get these things early test out the hardware build quality. Most importantly, we all know the joycons are prone to issues like drift and such, I wanna know if Switch Lite's irreplaceable joycons will also suffer issues so commonly...

OP
OP

Deleted member 3812

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I hope people who can get these things early test out the hardware build quality. Most importantly, we all know the joycons are prone to issues like drift and such, I wanna know if Switch Lite's irreplaceable joycons will also suffer issues so commonly...

I wonder if the Joy-Con drift issue is partially related to the controllers communicating wirelessly. Since I would assume that the Switch Lite controllers, since they are physically attached to the tablet, no wireless communication is being used to allow the controllers to communicate with the system, only wireless communications for the Switch Lite would be for internet and the amiibos.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
There's something wrong going on here. Walmart systems will literally block the transaction if it's before the launch date, not even a manager can override it. Something isn't on the up and up. Wonder how this happened.

Last edited:
Jun 17, 2018
Psst, Switch Lite doesn't have joycons...pass it on...

Jun 17, 2018
Lowkey, this is snitching. And clout chasing.

Not necessarily. The person who sold it to him could be a different person than whoever unloaded the truck and scanned them in when that store got their shipment.
Exactly, so I doubt anyone is in "trouble". Though as soon as someone high up enough gets wind of this, they'll snatch em off shelves. A few hardware units out early won't do any damage. Not like Smash or something being out weeks early...

Champion

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Tampa, FL
Exactly, so I doubt anyone is in "trouble". Though as soon as someone high up enough gets wind of this, they'll snatch em off shelves. A few hardware units out early won't do any damage. Not like Smash or something being out weeks early...
If a manger finds out it was sold before the street date then someone is definitely facing consequences though.
They better hope nobody does counts on them before the 20th or that they have lazy managers who don't notice it. Not only are they not supposed to be out but the register will literally tell you that the item can't be sold, so the cashier must have done something to override it.

Jun 17, 2018
So like the guy you originally responded to said, it sure would be nice to get a tear down of the Lite to put those concerns to rest if the components aren't the same.
Even if it's taken apart and the components are the same, like someone else said, the controls on the Lite do not communicate wirelessly with the system like the OG joycons. It's a different type of storm. The only way to know for sure is after these things have been out for a while, pretty sure they wont drift right out of the box if there is indeed a problem. But of course someone like Spawnwave will open the damn thing and declare it DOA because the hardware is similar...

Jun 17, 2018
If a manger finds out it was sold before the street date then someone is definitely facing consequences though.
They better hope nobody does counts on them before the 20th or that they have lazy managers who don't notice it. Not only are they not supposed to be out but the register will literally tell you that the item can't be sold, so the cashier must have done something to override it.
Don't cashiers need a manager's code/password to override such things?? I guess it depends on the store, shoot at Target they can't even price match in the game section gotta go to customer service (and usually wait in line) to have them do it.

Deleted member 16657

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Even if it's taken apart and the components are the same, like someone else said, the controls on the Lite do not communicate wirelessly with the system like the OG joycons. It's a different type of storm. The only way to know for sure is after these things have been out for a while, pretty sure they wont drift right out of the box if there is indeed a problem. But of course someone like Spawnwave will open the damn thing and declare it DOA because the hardware is similar...

I didn't know that the drift has to do with the wireless aspect of the joycon. I thought it was due to this, the prongs scraping against the semi-conductor pads:

Champion

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Tampa, FL
Don't cashiers need a manager's code/password to override such things?? I guess it depends on the store, shoot at Target they can't even price match in the game section gotta go to customer service (and usually wait in line) to have them do it.
I've never worked at Walmart and don't know how things work there.
But I did work at Target in high school and had managers that literally gave me their info for the register because they didn't want to walk over to my department lol....so you never know. And sales associates at my local Target will price match right there on the spot without needing a manager or customer service.

Jun 17, 2018
I didn't know that the drift has to do with the wireless aspect of the joycon. I thought it was due to this, the prongs scraping against the semi-conductor pads:

Where did I say the problem solely is due to the "wireless aspect"? Points is, they don't function exactly the same, there's always variables with these types of things. Like I said, there is no way to know if the Lite will suffer the same fate as the joycons until it's been out for a while. I'll gladly eat crow if drift gate 2.0 shows its head.

sleepnaught

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Like already said, register will block any attempts to purchase it. I couldn't even purchase Astral Chain a few hours before release date.

Edit: that lucky bastard
I'm so jealous lol

MrConbon210

Oct 31, 2017
Where did I say the problem solely is due to the "wireless aspect"? Points is, they don't function exactly the same, there's always variables with these types of things. Like I said, there is no way to know if the Lite will suffer the same fate as the joycons until it's been out for a while. I'll gladly eat crow if drift gate 2.0 shows its head.

The point being that if the internals of the sticks are similar to the joycons. It's likely the drift issue could occur since the drifting comes from the design of the sticks, not a wireless issue.

Deleted member 16657

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

I didn't say that you said it was solely due to wireless issues. I'm asking if you have something to substantiate your assertion.

Norris1020

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Damn, and the Walmart I go to one city over doesn't even put out games on release day.

Nov 15, 2017
Philippines
I wonder if the Joy-Con drift issue is partially related to the controllers communicating wirelessly. Since I would assume that the Switch Lite controllers, since they are physically attached to the tablet, no wireless communication is being used to allow the controllers to communicate with the system, only wireless communications for the Switch Lite would be for internet and the amiibos.
LOL No.

Jessie

Oct 27, 2017
I remember when Walmart sold me Pokémon Diamond a week early and I was special for 7 days of my life.