• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

lord_of_flood

One Winged Slayer
Jan 1, 2018
So far so good. The Joy-Cons I currently own were the neon yellow ones I got in June 2017, and they've shown no signs of drifting or anything like that. However, I haven't been using them recently since I now own the Hori Split Pad Pro, which is my go-to for handheld play nowadays.

My Pro Controller did have some phantom inputs from time to time, but that issue hasn't been cropping up as of recently.

stizz

Banned
Apr 12, 2019
The bulk of the people not sending in for repair are you American or not?

Last edited:

JustTom

May 28, 2018
Germany...
I don't want to talk about it.
Thought my joy cons were fine, played Monkey Ball, noticed I cannot go straight and start drifting, got upset.

udivision

Oct 25, 2017
Don't use my joy cons so they are good.

Two drifting Pro Contrillers in the past 2 weeks though.

Chiramii

Oct 25, 2017
Norway
Don't own a pro controller and have used my joy cons with every game since launch, no drift, yet!

But the semisphere under my right analog stick is somehow missing a piece. No idea how and when it happened, as I've treated my switch like a baby.

Edit: Here's another person with the same issue. https://en-americas-support.nintend...d/71065/~/left-joycon-stick-broken-underneath

I'm way out my RMA period at this point, and the problem is minor enough for me to not bother paying for a repair.

Last edited:

Jenea

Banned
Mar 14, 2018
xk00kt81pnp31.jpg

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Mine are fine, but I also almost never use them so it's hard to tell if they're getting worse. Pro Controller forever!

fl1ppyB

Jun 11, 2018
Joycons from my launch-night switch are absolutely fine. I rarely take them off the switch though. I play mostly handheld but use a pro controller when I occasionally play on the tv.

Oct 25, 2017
My friend's joycons are not even a year old and he's pretty much stopped using them completely because the sticks just do whatever they want. He just uses the pro controller which is incredible.

GSG

Oct 25, 2017
I noticed yesterday that my right Joycon's lock has gotten really worn down(left one is still ok), it kept popping out while playing ring fit.

Apparently swapping the plastic locks with metal ones is easy to do and a quick fix, but I'm worried about the metal lock rubbing against and hitting the metal rails on the Switch itself.

Garcia el Gringo

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
NJ
Just got Ring Fit Adventure over the holidays, and for the first time in a while, Joy-Con charging issues impact me when trying to play that game, as the only time I significantly played with split Joy-Con was for Mario Odyssey two years ago. Really throws off with my drive to exercise when I realize I have nearly battery depleted Joy-Con.

Both my SO and I pull our Switch units off the docks to "Joy-Con battery low" messages. What are the odds we'd both have this defect, eh? Def a bummer for local multiplayer w/ wireless Joy-Con gatherings.

Feb 26, 2019
Tijuana
It finally happened.

I have the edition of the Nintendo Switch that came with the Pikachu and Eevee design from when Let's Go came out in 2018. It was going ok so far. I don't play as much as I would want, and basically the two main games I've played are Pokémon Let's Go and Pokémon Shield. I do have Super Smash, but I barely play and when I do is with my cousins, and usually borrow one of their controllers. But a few days ago the control just started with the drifting problem. It goes down even if I'm not doing anything.

It seemed to work momentarily by de-attaching the left controller from the screen, and connecting it again, but I'm sure the problem will only get worse from now on to the point it just becomes unusable. First of all, I live in Mexico so even though I could go to the post office since I live at the border, it's not as easy as just going to a local business. Plus, what am I supposed to do in the meantime while I don't have a controller. Also, since it's a special edition (the controllers are brown and yellow for those that don't know what I'm talking about) I'm afraid they'll completely replace it by sending me a standard neon one or the dark ones.

I wouldn't want to buy a new pair of controllers, but I'm afraid that's what will eventually happen. My only question is, are the drifting issues supposedly fixed on the new controllers currently on sale? If so, how to tell if I'm buying the new version and not an old one the stores have had since last year or before?

Edit: the only issue I noticed before this is that the console's battery keeps discharging even if I have it turned off. The only info I found on the internet is that it could be due to some kind of bug that made the controllers drain the battery, which would be weird, because the other issue is that sometimes I would leave the Switch docked overnight to let it charge and be ready when I play on the TV in the morning, only to find out the next day that the controllers didn't charge at all.

Last edited:

NattyBo

Dec 29, 2017
Washington, DC
I bought a new pair of joycons while my original were out for repair by NoA, so, like shit. This has been the worst gen ever for console controllers. The launch Dualshock 4 joystick peeling was shit too.