• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pixelpatron

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Seattle
Haven't seen this awesome channel mentioned on this forum yet, I subscribed to it on Youtube and their weekly vids outlining upcoming releases are pretty awesome. (some of these games I didn't even know were coming/existed). Due the Switch's breakout first year success; soon there will be a flood of new titles that will be difficult to keep track of and have an eye out for. Take a peek at their latest update. Lots of exciting stuff on its way....

or their weekly release vids:

(I am in no way associated with Switch Planet or it's content, I just like their no frills format and being up to date on new games. I'm typically not a fan of clickbait headline focused/formatted gaming websites like Kotaku and IGN, not to say they don't have their moments, but for daily/weekly pulse check this is a great resource).

Last edited:

BT-787

Oct 26, 2017
Seen their vids a few times. They mentioned Raji: An Ancient Epic to be coming to the Switch in a past video. It's a game that's developed in my country. Except Nintendo hasn't given them (or any other indie developer here) dev kits yet. So I don't know how credible it tends to be. Seems to be simply collating what devs say minus any research.

Shoe

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
K2ivQpG.gif

bobbychalkers

Oct 26, 2017
Seen their vids a few times. They mentioned Raji: An Ancient Epic to be coming to the Switch in a past video. It's a game that's developed in my country. Except Nintendo hasn't given them (or any other indie developer here) dev kits yet. So I don't know how credible it tends to be. Seems to be simply collating what devs say minus any research.
I've seen a handful of channel like this around.
Lol, let the Era witch hunt begin. You guys r always so distrusting.
kWlrj.gif

Samsquanchewans

User Permed at their request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
#NOTJAPAN
What an effortless video, literally downloaded a bunch of Switch trailers and put it in one. Atleast talk over the video and explain what the game is about. Gameranx does it better when it comes to trailers.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
sorry OP, if you mentioned like a macbook giveaway or something i would have subscribed to your channel and followed you on twitter and tumblr and snapchat and instagram but i just don't subscribe to rando channels willy nilly
edit: checking a few videos on there, there's no originally created content. it's either taking a single gameplay or trailer video, or taking a bunch and stitching them together, just with the channel's intro in the beginning. what makes the channel awesome?

Last edited:

AETOS

Nov 1, 2017
Thanks for the heads up! I love the Nintendo Direct formula and how it gives all the info including physical release. Very nice. :)

Seafoam Gaming

One Winged Slayer
Nov 3, 2017

That seems to be what I'm gathering, too. I always love when smaller channels are featured (Wiiviewer and Vanburen20 are small channels I enjoy frequently) but it's pretty sketchy that this channel of trailers is being promoted in the same fashion. It does publish gameplay videos though, which is a plus in the channel's favor, but it doesn't seem to have anything to make the person behind the channel have an identity viewers can connect with. I think that's a thing the channel would need to improve.

Wishbone Ash

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Michigan
Not only are those videos not awesome, they're not even worth watching. I can barely stomach "typical" YouTube content, but this re-uploaded trailer compilation shit is even worse.

Deleted member 21693

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I like this channel. Just a bunch of trailers cut together. Not every channel needs a super motivated YouTuber talking into a microphone if you ask me.

It was especially useful in the early days.

Atheerios

Oct 27, 2017
Lol

There's a part where it tells that the link to a rumor is in the description

There are no links in the description. And there's a pinned comment with supposedly more info but no links either.

Yeah, just another clickbait channel.

justiceiro

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Yeah, i see their videos time to time, but i would not call something special. Its usefull, but kinda tiresome.

But I wonder why are people around here suggeting that a channel is shaddy for compiling propaganda in their own channel...

Tarot Deck

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017

Ok, I guess this is it

Nov 21, 2017
Unrelated, but what game is the character from the first thumbnail in the OP from? The guy with the leather hat and vest.

MesaEterna

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I don't know but I stopped following gaming news through videos, I rather just get them through Twitter on sites like Nintendo Everything, where I can see news minutes or even seconds after they've happened

ZiggyPalffyLA

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Los Angeles, California
Dude your channel is terrible. There are countless channels on YouTube that do the exact same thing as you, but more professionally and with some actual personality to them. No wonder you only have 63k subscribers. Now instead of begging for subscribers here, put out better content to EARN them.

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
you need to work on your titles if you want more clicks
did they really just release a new trailer for farming simulator 18? I AM SHOOKETH! (not clickbait!)
the first time i saw the announcement trailer for mutant mudds collection... (story time)
the new trailer for monster boy and the cursed kingdom left me QUACKING! (63k subscribers giveaway)
this harvest moon game is probably not what you're expecting... (DRAMA?)

unicornKnight

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Athens, Greece
Dude your channel is terrible. There are countless channels on YouTube that do the exact same thing as you, but more professionally and with some actual personality to them. No wonder you only have 63k subscribers. Now instead of begging for subscribers here, put out better content to EARN them.
63k is low? Guess Im really clueless about this stuff

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
63k is low? Guess Im really clueless about this stuff
it's pretty high for a new channel, specially since the videos are zero to no effort trailer dumps
there are people who actually put effort in creating content but can't get to that number in years
the sudden popularity of switch led to a lot of these channels tho, this isn't the only one

Deleted member 28461

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Starcraft 2 is coming to Switch? My body is ready!

chibiroboonfire.jpeg
chibiroboonfire.jpeg
chibiroboonfire.jpeg
chibiroboonfire.jpeg

ReyVGM

Author - NES Endings Compendium
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
I fell into the trap of watching one of these videos. It was just a bunch of trailers.

I believe one even had a dude literally reading the PR info for each game as the trailer played. Completely ridiculous.

Aprikurt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
I don't know but I stopped following gaming news through videos, I rather just get them through Twitter on sites like Nintendo Everything, where I can see news minutes or even seconds after they've happened
I get it through here. Resetera is usually reliable, and has an interested and fairly well moderated rumour mill.

I am totally affiliated with Resetera

Jonneh

Good Vibes Gaming
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
UK
It's clear this thread isn't seeing any discussion and the entire basis is certainly questionable. That's not to say Switch Planet can never have a thread but if they ever get to the point where they have a large fanbase here then use other OT's like Easy Allies and GameXplain as examples when creating a thread. This isn't a platform just to advertise videos, there needs to be more context. Who are these guys? The OP doesn't really tell me.

Status
Not open for further replies.