• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SpectreJordan

Oct 26, 2017
Based on my own intuition I don't think we will see Smash until E3 and I've been saying this since the last one.

Nintendo needs a big crowd pleaser like what Zelda and Mario were for the last two E3s. Smash can perfectly fill that gap, and has a wide appeal to gamers. It makes perfect sense to announce it at E3 as it will push the Switch even more. Plus every Smash has been announced at E3.

For the record, I do believe Smash Switch did start off as a port of Smash Wii U as Toto and I previously reported.

Brawl was ported to the 3DS and Wii U when they were developing the 4th (3DS) and 5th (Wii U) versions of Smash so it makes sense that they would build the next Smash off Smash Wii U.

I think it's been too long for a simple DX version though. Sakurai doesn't like to sit on his hands, and most likely would have been adding more and more. There are comments by Sakurai which indicates he's still working on the same project as when he announced his "breather". How much new content we see will all depend on the team size and how much time they had. Sakurai indicated in one of his columns that he enjoyed working with the smaller team during DLC period (which probably suits his directing style more).

(sorry for my lengthy replies, I have a lot to say on the subject :P)

Yeah, there's no way it's a port of Smash 4 at this point. Releasing next November would be 5 years after Smash 4, that's a long enough wait IMO.

Zippo

Banned
Dec 8, 2017
Here's one I think should be added:

http://kh13.com/news/rumor-kingdom-...ntent-and-to-release-in-2018-to-meet-deadline

José Álamo, reporter for a site called Koi-Nya, released a number of rumors that turned out to be true. A lot of his stuff went under the radar, probably because his site isn't well known.

He heard Prime 4 was in development a month before E3, as well as confirming Fire Emblem Switch before the Direct last January. He also said Square was "internally discussing" the TWEWY IP. He's gotten a number of Kingdom Hearts rumors correct too, he also was the first to leak the existence of Last of Us 2, a week before PSX.
He also claims Animal Crossing is in development and will release this year, alongside Prime 4.

OP
OP
ReyVGM

ReyVGM

Author - NES Endings Compendium
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
But OP, PushDustin and rest of you nice folks, keep being rad and neat-o!

Hip hip! Hurray!

Man, *nobody* leaked anything even resembling Labo.

Umm not quite. That 4chan pixelbit info is pretty close if you change Legos to cardboard, and Mario/luigi/bowser to robots and fishing rods. Maybe someone wanted to leak it but didn't want to be too specific and changed the materials/characters to make it seem less obvious?

It's a stretch, but it seems too much of a coincidence the rumor was about building/crafting (and it got the IR sensor thing right too) for it to have been made up.

Here's one I think should be added:

http://kh13.com/news/rumor-kingdom-...ntent-and-to-release-in-2018-to-meet-deadline

José Álamo, reporter for a site called Koi-Nya, released a number of rumors that turned out to be true. A lot of his stuff went under the radar, probably because his site isn't well known.

He heard Prime 4 was in development a month before E3, as well as confirming Fire Emblem Switch before the Direct last January. He also said Square was "internally discussing" the TWEWY IP. He's gotten a number of Kingdom Hearts rumors correct too, he also was the first to leak the existence of Last of Us 2, a week before PSX.
He also claims Animal Crossing is in development and will release this year, alongside Prime 4.

Thanks, will read and add it if it's real.

*edit*
Added the Animal Crossing, Fire Emblem, Metroid one. The TWEWY one is too generic and not Switch specific (even though we now know it's for Switch). He actually heard about a Metroid Prime in Jan 2017, so that's many months before E3.

Last edited:
OP
OP
ReyVGM

ReyVGM

Verified
Oct 26, 2017
It won't as long as people don't post new rumors here.

Gleethor

Oct 25, 2017
Dot Matrix with stereo sound
Umm not quite. That 4chan pixelbit info is pretty close if you change Legos to cardboard, and Mario/luigi/bowser to robots and fishing rods.

Maybe someone wanted to leak it but didn't want to be too specific and changed the materials/characters to make it seem less obvious?

It's a stretch, but it seems too much of a coincidence the rumor was about building/crafting (and it got the IR sensor thing right too) for it to have been made up
Quite frankly, that's a huge stretch. The pixelbit leak seemed fake from the get go because of how "me too" it seemed. It didn't seem vastly different from something like Lego Dimensions, and that type of toys to life idea isn't really a growth market right now.

Cosmonaut X

Oct 26, 2017
Umm not quite. That 4chan pixelbit info is pretty close if you change Legos to cardboard, and Mario/luigi/bowser to robots and fishing rods.

Maybe someone wanted to leak it but didn't want to be too specific and changed the materials/characters to make it seem less obvious?

It's a stretch, but it seems too much of a coincidence the rumor was about building/crafting (and it got the IR sensor thing right too) for it to have been made up.

Uh, I'd have to disagree fairly strongly:

It's called "Nintendo Pixelbits".

Nope.

Similar to lego, but not quite.

Nope, unless "you assemble things by following instructions" is "similar to lego".

Build shapes/characters/small sets, similar to the 8-bit Mario and Link amiibo.

Nope. Even being very generous with interpreting "small sets", the "similar to... 8-bit..." suggests a pixel aesthetic which clearly isn't the case with any Labo devices.

The IR Camera in the right Joycon reads them and incorporates them into games.

Nope - you could maybe stretch to say that the camera incorporates the Labo Toy-Cons in a way, but it would be a hell of a stretch (the wording here is clearly meant to suggest something like amiibo or Dimensions, rather than the Joycons becoming a component of the Labo devices).

Comes in sets to build various characters. At launch will be Mario, Luigi, Link, Squid, Kirby, Samus, as well as a Mushroom Kingdom set containing a 1-up Mushroom, Flagpole, etc.

Total nope. No sign of any familiar IP so far, and the sets are assortments of more real-world objects and devices.

"Harder" Pixelbits such as Bowser and Ganondorf will contain more "bits" are be aimed more at adults to put together.

Nope. And all of the Labo are aimed at kids, and clearly advertised as such even in the pre-announcement.

They are not amiibo. They offer more flexibility and offer no save/read data.

Yes, but this is about the only thing right here and would be a reasonable guess for a fake rumour/prediction.

Release is set for June.

Nope!

So, it kinda got the building element, and said they weren't amiibo... and that's it :-)

OP
OP
ReyVGM

ReyVGM

Verified
Oct 26, 2017
"Build shapes/characters/small sets, similar to the 8-bit Mario and Link amiibo."

That one is not entirely false, it says "shapes" and "small sets" too, which is totally something you can do.

"The IR Camera in the right Joycon reads them and incorporates them into games."

While it's not reading a character (I interpreted that as 'scanning' a character?), the IR in Labo does read the inputs you make with whatever you build.

"Harder" Pixelbits such as Bowser and Ganondorf will contain more "bits" are be aimed more at adults to put together."

We don't know what Nintendo has in store for Labo. Maybe they will have more complex grownup models further on?

The way I'm seeing it is that someone either knew about Labo, wanted to leak it and changed a bunch of details to not make it too obvious, OR, the guy heard a few tidbits and constructed a narrative from there. Either way, he had to have heard something. In my opinion.

I still won't add it though since it's a stretch :P

Charamiwa

Oct 25, 2017
Best part is everyone knows exactly it will be announced in a day or so and then just leaks it to basically have something to point to "see, we got sauces!" (the Dark Souls thing specifically)
One instance that really rubbed me the wrong way is when Laura leaked that Kirkhope was working on the Mario+Rabbids soundtrack. Basically he tweeted saying he was excited for a future project and couldn't wait to share it, and she replied basically saying "IT'S RABBIDS IT'S RABBIDS".

For Labo she said that she wasn't gonna ruin the surprise so close to reveal, but I'm willing to bet she had no idea what it was.

OP
OP
ReyVGM

ReyVGM

Verified
Oct 26, 2017
One instance that really rubbed me the wrong way is when Laura leaked that Kirkhope was working on the Mario+Rabbids soundtrack. Basically he tweeted saying he was excited for a future project and couldn't wait to share it, and she replied basically saying "IT'S RABBIDS IT'S RABBIDS".

That was probably she guessing.

It happened to me once when Jeremy Parish teased about the secret boss last boss in Final Fantasy 4 (GBA) and I said very confidently "It's Easy Type Zeromus". I was just joking around and it turned out to be true. I don't think Jeremy was very pleased with that.

sfortunato

Oct 25, 2017
Italy
About the SQEX IP coming to Switch—could it Valkyrie Profile? Among top company's properties is the one that is more associated with PlayStation alongside KH. But KH obviously was on Nintendo platforms (hard to forget) while it's easy to forget about Convenant of the Plume.

OP
OP
ReyVGM

ReyVGM

Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Everyone thinks it's Tomb Raider because when it was mentioned that TR has been on Nintendo platforms, that's when King Zell amended his leak.

OP
OP
ReyVGM

ReyVGM

Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Well I've looked for any supermetaldave64 rumors on gaf and I didn't find any actual quotes/sources. I guess all his stuff is basically on his videos. From the few of his stuff I listened to back in the day, it felt more like he was speculating and not that he had any sources. So, I'm pretty much done adding old leaks unless someone posts some here.

So, I'll be focusing on adding any new credible leak/rumor that I come across.

jariw

Oct 27, 2017
"Build shapes/characters/small sets, similar to the 8-bit Mario and Link amiibo."

That one is not entirely false, it says "shapes" and "small sets" too, which is totally something you can do.

"The IR Camera in the right Joycon reads them and incorporates them into games."

While it's not reading a character (I interpreted that as 'scanning' a character?), the IR in Labo does read the inputs you make with whatever you build.

"Harder" Pixelbits such as Bowser and Ganondorf will contain more "bits" are be aimed more at adults to put together."

We don't know what Nintendo has in store for Labo. Maybe they will have more complex grownup models further on?

The way I'm seeing it is that someone either knew about Labo, wanted to leak it and changed a bunch of details to not make it too obvious, OR, the guy heard a few tidbits and constructed a narrative from there. Either way, he had to have heard something. In my opinion.

I still won't add it though since it's a stretch :P

An anonymous 4chan source didn't want to leak it and changed everything into something completely different, that was based on known concepts? And why not add: the leaker also didn't want to leak the release date, and said "June". "June" has 4 letters, just as "Labo"? If this was a leaker that "knew" something, then we can reconstruct any rumor to be a leak about something entirely different, IMO.

It was officially known that the Joycon camera could scan shapes since the Switch launch 2017:
https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2017...contains-motion-tracking-camera-other-tricks/

And just for reference, here's a post of my own in the speculation thread prior to the video:
I believe the Joycon IR Camera still has many unused ways of implementation.

So, it's very easy to create such a 4chan "leak" by just mix LEGO Dimensions and the known Joycon IR Camera capabilities. And the fact that Labo doesn't use the IR Camera for 3D shape recognition (the IR in the piano model reads symbols that becomes visible when keys are pressed)... Or that most things in Labo doesn't involve the IR Camera at all. And so on.

Atheerios

Oct 27, 2017
Another rumor missing from ERA member Chrom regarding FE release schedule:

Adding this to the Jose_Strife reports, if all are true, Nintendo would release Metroid, AC, and FE this year. However he specifically said up until fall, so the big holiday game is still unknown.

There is a possibility that the holiday game is Pokemon. Having all those 4 games this year would be absolutely insane.

Another possibility is that, if Fire Emblem was moved from spring to fall, then either Metroid or AC could have been moved to holiday.

Aleh

Oct 27, 2017
Animal Crossing rumors give me life. Hopefully this one turns out true, but it seems reliable so far.

Sky Walker

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know if this is the right place to ask about this but seeing Emily talks in these quotes :
ERA Emily claims more games are coming from Square-Enix, Bandai Namco, SNK, Konami, Sega, Capcom. (Source)

-ERA Emily claims more rumored and unannounced Ubi, Square Enix, Namco games will be announced later this year. (Source)

Something is missing. Where is Capcom ? I thought I read somewhere that they are bringing Phoenix Wright series to Switch and I know they are are already bringing MM11+the collections. They also did great RE:R ports but I feel most of these are small projects. I hope to see more bigger projects from them in the future.

Deleted member 3017

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Something is missing. Where is Capcom ? I thought I read somewhere that they are bringing Phoenix Wright series to Switch and I know they are are already bringing MM11+the collections. They also did great RE:R ports but I hope to see more from them in the future.

REmake and RE4 need to be on Switch. Two of the best games ever.

K Samedi

Oct 27, 2017
If these rumors are true Nintendo is going to have a stellar 2018

H2 2018 might look something like this:
Prime 4
Animal Crossing
Bayonetta 3
Pokemon
Fire Emblem
Yoshi

Fill that with some third party games and you have a recipe for success.

Atheerios

Oct 27, 2017
Some other rumors coming from MysticDistance, a reporter at Persona Central. Says FFXV is coming to Switch, probably in 2019. He also predicted the January direct.

Also he mentioned on Wednesday that the Thursday Nintendo announcements wasn't the second Direct he and multiple other people have been teasing:

Meelow

Oct 31, 2017

Adding this to the Jose_Strife reports, if all are true, Nintendo would release Metroid, AC, and FE this year. However he specifically said up until fall, so the big holiday game is still unknown.

There is a possibility that the holiday game is Pokemon. Having all those 4 games this year would be absolutely insane.

Another possibility is that, if Fire Emblem was moved from spring to fall, then either Metroid or AC could have been moved to holiday.

Green Dinasour = Yoshi 2018
RPG with Slimes = Dragon Quest XI

carlosrox

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver BC
Sweet fuck if Prime, AC, FE, AND Pokemon release this year.

Move over 2017.

I'd be more than happy with two of those (AC is the least interesting to me however).

Deleted member 8112

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I don't think Bayonetta 3 will release this year but having exclusive heavy hitters for the second half like Pokémon, Metroid Prime 4, Yoshi and Animal Crossing would be insane. I wonder if they have some other smaller games for H2, maybe Octopath, TWEWY and another port or two?

Atheerios

Oct 27, 2017
If it all releases this year in the future will be pretty funny to remember the reactions of the mini direct saying no games in 2018

Aprikurt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
I don't know if this is the right place to ask about this but seeing Emily talks in these quotes :

Something is missing. Where is Capcom ? I thought I read somewhere that they are bringing Phoenix Wright series to Switch and I know they are are already bringing MM11+the collections. They also did great RE:R ports but I feel most of these are small projects. I hope to see more bigger projects from them in the future.
There's reportedly an RE reveal coming in the next few days. It's inevitably going to relate to REmake2, but I wouldn't be surprised to see ports of older games or even a downgraded RE7 for Switch.

Any more information about the HUGE udated that could coming on 22nd Jan?
Wasn't that from one store guy? It could honestly be some new games being added to a demo unit that probably hasn't been updated in some time.

jariw

Oct 27, 2017
Any more information about the HUGE udated that could coming on 22nd Jan?

This is a archive thread for old rumors, not for new ones. Read the mod edit in the OP.

EDIT: Ah, you mean the US demo kiosk update? That's probably happening, but that doesn't mean there will be more reveals. My guess it's Kirby, Tropical Freeze and such stuff.

Oct 27, 2017
Some other rumors coming from MysticDistance, a reporter at Persona Central. Says FFXV is coming to Switch, probably in 2019. He also predicted the January direct.

Also he mentioned on Wednesday that the Thursday Nintendo announcements wasn't the second Direct he and multiple other people have been teasing:

When Nintendo delayed the 64GB card to 2019 and reports were that third parties planning to use it were angry, my first thought was FF15.

SPRidley

Oct 25, 2017

It could be interesting if it actually had the zelda multi dub treatment.

Fun fact:
Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn was the first game Nintendo actually multidub to pal5 languages.
All the newer 3ds fire emblem only had japanese and english voices though.

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
I thought it was weird that anyone was jumping straight to 64GB but I can't imagine a complete edition of FF15 working on anything else.
entirely depends on how they compress their textures and how they handle cutscenes (real-time vs prerendered). not like huge file size stopped anyone else from releasing on switch. that's what these god awful "microSD card required" banners are for after all.

SuperBlank

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Man, Kirby, Yoshi, Labo, FE, AC, Metroid and Pokemon in the same year would be absolutely crazy. I was so sure at least one between Prime 4 and Pokemon wouldn't be until 2019.

However, I'm still left with what the hell came of all those Smash rumours? We aren't hearing much these days. That Smash port seemed a safer prediction for a long time. Now, who knows. I'd still like to get it...

Seafoam Gaming

One Winged Slayer
Nov 3, 2017
-Eurogamer claims Switch will have Gamecube Virtual Console, developed by NERD.

Been an entire year since this rumor came and went and I'm shocked that the Switch lacks any sort of retro game service, let alone the GCN VC. I'll be honest when I say that this was one of my main reasons for buying the thing, due to the potential of being able to import VC games from Japan and thus be able to play all sorts of the obscure hidden gems the Wii U/3DS JPN VCs got, so the lack of any VC has just made me really frustrated. I know some people think they may be scrapping the VC in favor of making it Nintendo Online related (Due to the classic game service announcement), but I honestly hope that's not the case, as I'd rather buy my own games on a weekly basis instead of having to buy multiple subscriptions for both NA and JPN, and waiting every single month for new retro games instead of weekly like the Wii U VC (Which led to me buying 160 of the NA Wii U VC games over the years, and I'd happily rebuy the majority of them for Switch play)

Does anyone know what happened to this rumor outside of the theory of a move to Nintendo Online when they changed the format from loaning you a NES/SNES game to letting you keep it? I swear, if this doesn't launch in February (or if we don't get any news of Nin Online launching until the end of summer) then I'm gonna be pretty disappointed with the missed potential the Switch's region-free has had... Let alone the "all in one" potential. The upcoming ports of Wii U gems like Bayo and DKCTF (along with the newish stuff coming out this year like Kirby and Yoshi) prove that playing older content on this thing is an amazing thing to behold, (Especially with games so good) so I feel as if hoping for the original LOZ or gems like OOT/Panel De Pon/Live A Live/the GCN games rumored isn't too much to ask for... Right?

Status
Not open for further replies.