• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BDGAME

Oct 27, 2017
Brasília
So, there are 3 companies rumored to be the developer of Metroid Prime 4:
- Bethesda
- FROM
- Platinum

Since Metroid Prime was made for a ocidental company, I believe the best is that the 4th continue that way.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
- Bethesda
- FROM
- Platinum

Since Metroid Prime was made for a ocidental company, I believe the best is that the 4th continue that way.

Huh? Where are there any rumors about any of them developing it?

The only trustworthy rumor so far that I've seen is suggesting Bandai Namco.

Oct 26, 2017
None of those companies are making Metroid Prime 4.

Anyway, Namco is still such a strange choice for a developer.

Yeah good point. Though Bamco the dev doesn't have any experience with games even remotely similar to Metroid Prime

(then again, neither did Team Ninja)

And then Team Ninja tried to make a game like Ninja Gaiden for Other M while Sakamoto limited the combat system and tried to build a kind of Metroid game around it and it was very weird.

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
Just because "nobody remembers" it doesn't make the fact that there are three previous entries in the Kid Icarus franchise suddenly become false, those three games still exist weather they're remembered or not. People here clearly remember it too, I assume they're the same group of people who remembered that Metroid had a random sequel on the original GameBoy as well, and that just got a full fledged remake.

Not that I believe that it's KI, just that it's still a Nintendo IP with 3 previous entries. Also if I had to bet I'd say Metroid is probably more popular than Kid Icarus, too.
Point is that this isn't something you casually reference in a hint like that.

Deleted member 8593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
- Bethesda
- FROM
- Platinum

Where's that Bethesda rumour from? Arkane would be perfect but this is super unlikely.

What-ok

Dec 13, 2017
PDX OR
No it's hogwash, please ignore. It was only based on someone teasing the dev of Prime 4 would surprise people and the possible link to Bamco. It shouldn't be discussed in this thread at least.
Thanks. Don't get me wrong though, a FROM Metroid could be amazing. I just don't see the Prime series as a possibility.

Conor419

Banned
Nov 26, 2017
London
Why on earth would Sakurai be heading Prime 4?!?!? Besides, Tanabe is heading Prime 4. It's like one of two actual facts we know about it.

Who often works with Namco, and who probably isn't working on Smash at the moment...?

If you take away Sakurai then I'd guess it's just a newly formed internal Nintendo team.

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
Are you serious? Is this statement based on any rumor or just linking it to BAMCO?

Where's that Bethesda rumour from? Arkane would be perfect but this is super unlikely.
It's made-up nonsense. Fan theories.

Who often works with Namco, and who probably isn't working on Smash at the moment...?
If you take away Sakurai then I'd guess it's just a newly formed internal Nintendo team.
It just makes absolutely no sense. Again, Tanabe is doing Prime 4. Sakurai worked with Bamco one single time.

Deleted member 17207

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I still think that it's a random team Nintendo's put together under their own roof that's doing it, probably headed by someone we do know, like Sakurai.

I think this rumours of Plat, Beth, or From doing it are awesome, but bullshit.

Instro

Oct 25, 2017
I guess part of the equation is whether or not Bamco(or whoever) is developing the game from top to bottom with supervision from Nintendo, or if an internal team is doing a lot of the core design work and planning while Bamco is more production support to do the heavy lifting.

PogiJones

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
What's ZhugeEX's track record? Why is everyone taking his rumor as gospel truth? I'm particularly skeptical of leaks that are "teases" "related to [generic thing]." It's Ideaman all over again.

Oct 26, 2017
I'll be curious who will be the level and combat designers for Metroid Prime 4... Because Namco has no one who can do these types of things.

I'm not even sure they have art directors who are comfortable with Prime's art...

It honestly just seems weird to have a Japanese studio and Japanese producer to work on a game that will do terribly in Japan and will only do well in America when the Japanese studio has done none of these types of games in their life.

What's ZhugeEX's track record? Why is everyone taking his rumor as gospel truth? I'm particularly skeptical of leaks that are "teases" "related to [generic thing]." It's Ideaman all over again.

ZHugeX is an industry analyst in China and knows a lot.

Oct 26, 2017
It would be cool if Nintendo started a new Western studio to make Prime 4.

... But if they had started a new development team in 2015 or 2016, I think we would have heard about it.

Ehoavash

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Heard from a source that bandai namco is indeed making MP4

Smash 4 switch deluxe port is happening this year

And also NSMB U + port is actually a thing that's also happening lol

Year of ports baby qqq

Proteus

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto

It's too bad this didn't pan out. It's from an old PWX newsletter. Can't verify it more than that so it's probably nothing.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
lmao if a NSMBU port happens.

What a joke.

But has your source given you good information in the past?

I think he actually was among the first to talk about a Dark Souls 1 remaster.

NSMBU+ would indeed be a joke, I really hope that's not true. Great game but we do not need 4 2D platformers in a year, 2 of them being ports.

Oct 26, 2017
I think he actually was among the first to talk about a Dark Souls 1 remaster.

NSMBU+ would indeed be a joke, I really hope that's not true. Great game but we do not need 4 2D platformers in a year, 2 of them being ports.

Especially since NSMBU already was a pretty super safe sequel to NSMBWii which probably everyone who is interested in a Switch and 2D platformers already has played.

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
Heard from a source that bandai namco is indeed making MP4

Smash 4 switch deluxe port is happening this year

And also NSMB U + port is actually a thing that's also happening lol

Year of ports baby qqq

You're essentially dropping a new rumor here based on "a source." You should read the OP.

And yet you'll dismiss the most (and probably only) reasonable ones (Namco/EPD).
Of course, because, again, they make no sense at all.

Oct 27, 2017
Peru
NSMBU or any NSMB would be especially ridiculous because Super Mario Maker has shown how easy is for people to make most of their levels. The series has reused so many assets that it has simply become tiring.

Ehoavash

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
My bad themoon

NSMBU or any NSMB would be especially ridiculous because Super Mario Maker has shown how easy is for people to make most of their levels. The series has reused so many assets that it has simply become tiring.

Anyway nsmb u + is coming and it does make sense the games sold bit over 5 million on Wii u while nsmb Wii sold like 25 million on Wii. A lot if switch userbase probably hasn't played it or Mario maker just like mk8 deluxe.

( also hot takes ~ i liked nsmb u more than Mario maker cause I sucked at making levels lol and most online user levels were pretty meh or flooded with levels with tooo much cheap deaths, too many auto scrolls levels and just bullshit difficulty/ find this super secret levels ./

PogiJones

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm extra skeptical about that Bandai-Namco rumor, not just because it's a "tease," which so often are generic or turn out wrong, but also because it comes from an admin here. There's no risk. Unlike everyone else who posts a rumor, who would get banned if it turns out false, there's no way they would ban ZhugeEX for a missed rumor. That means there's less incentive to vet the source.

I mean, I think it could even turn out correct (they are a logical choice), but there's very little or no authoritative weight behind the rumor as it stands, unless he has a strong track record (like Emily), which I've seen none of.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
I'm extra skeptical about that Bandai-Namco rumor, not just because it's a "tease," which so often are generic or turn out wrong, but also because it comes from an admin here. There's no risk. Unlike everyone else who posts a rumor, who would get banned if it turns out false, there's no way they would ban ZhugeEX for a missed rumor. That means there's less incentive to vet the source.

I mean, I think it could even turn out correct (they are a logical choice), but there's very little or no authoritative weight behind the rumor as it stands, unless he has a strong track record (like Emily), which I've seen none of.

The admins and mods were all right about the mini Direct on the 11th, even when there was no announcement for it like we all assumed there would be.

I mean, I do see your point but on the other hand so far there isn't anything wrong with his track record to cast doubt on it.

ZhugeEX

Senior Analyst at Niko Partners
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
I know what his job is. Lots of people have jobs in the industry. Very few have accurate leaks from Nintendo. His track record would be more telling.

If you want something recent, I posted this before the last Nintendo Direct - https://www.resetera.com/posts/3140295/
I also confirmed this 'leak' as fake before anyone else - https://www.resetera.com/threads/up...of-switch-firmware-version-5-0-surface.14621/

But I'm not really looking to prove anything.

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
Wasn't Metroid prime series supervised by miyamoto and other M had nothing to do with miyamoto? I could be wrong
Miyamoto is not "Nintendo"

Metroid Prime 1 was overseen by Miyamoto because that project started under the old structure where EAD handled outside projects and Miyamoto just oversaw everything. After that, the external projects were overseen solely by SPD producers which is when Kensuke Tanabe and Risa Tabata full took the reigns to the Prime series. Other M was a Sakamoto game bringing the 2D Metroid series into 3D for the first time and that means it is completely 100% unrelated to anything to do with Prime, in terms of who is involved.

Oct 27, 2017
Peru
Anyway nsmb u + is coming and it does make sense the games sold bit over 5 million on Wii u while nsmb Wii sold like 25 million on Wii. A lot if switch userbase probably hasn't played it or Mario maker just like mk8 deluxe.

( also hot takes ~ i liked nsmb u more than Mario maker cause I sucked at making levels lol and most online user levels were pretty meh or flooded with levels with tooo much cheap deaths, too many auto scrolls levels and just bullshit difficulty/ find this super secret levels ./

I mostly meant the kind of assets that the NSMB series share. Some of them tend to get repeated so frequently that it became pretty predictable what kind of levels a new game was going to have. People who want to make more professional sort of levels in SMM clearly need to be more skilled but the overall look of the stages in NSMB was pretty easy to replicate.

Anyway, it would be pretty underwhelming if NSMBU ends-up being ported. Is a good game, the best of its own series in fact but is still a NSMB game and it would be even more disappointing if that gets ported before other titles that deserve it more like SM3DW.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.