• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SpokkX

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Great idea! Followed

Just the info you put out now makes the gta5 rumour seem plausible

Sphinx

Nov 29, 2017
I think L.A, Noire was first leaked in Neogaf, not twitter or somewhere else, wasn't it vern too?

also, I remember in one of those hype threads, I asked Shockingalberto "Do you think we are getting more Metroid?" he just answered "Yes"... and we got not one but two games a couple of months later, sadly I can't link you to it, but that definitely happened.

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
Awesome idea OP. I was hoping that someone would make a thread like this!

I clicked on the link that leads to Chrom talking about a Direct possibly happening this week but I couldn't find it anywhere on that page. It's the right page correct?

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
Would you consider linking back to even older rumors, like Laura Kate Dale's Mario + Rabbids stuff and maybe even pre-NX? It'd be nice to have a resource of reliable past leakers so it's easier to gauge the likelihood of future rumors being true.

If we include that, we got to include all the stuff that was dead wrong as well.
Gamecube Virtual Console w/ Sunshine, Melee and Luigi's Mansion, I think it was
Mother 3 localization
Xenoblade X & Splatoon 1 ports
Zelda missing launch and Mario being at launch (this one always struck me as ridiculous, but people believed it anyway)

Other people can add on but there were so many leaks just completely wrong on the software front. Way more than right ones

FormatCompatible

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
This is a very good thread ReyVGM, I wonder if someone will make equivalents for the other two. Sometimes is hard to keep up with the rumors, there's a bunch of MS rumors for example in another thread that I didn't know about at all (Coaliton partially making Perfect Dark and stuff).

Tregard

Oct 27, 2017
Please let this thread live, powers that be, it's a fantastic resource for us slightly unhinged individuals.

ZhugeEX

Senior Analyst at Niko Partners
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
We're keeping this open for now. But I'm posting some guidance from the FAQ regarding rumors and leaks.

Rumors and Leaks: Posting rumors and leaks from external websites is allowed but we ask users to use common sense when doing so. Do not post rumors and leaks from random blogs with no track record. If you believe the rumor you're reading couldn't possibly be true then it is best not to post it here.

If you wish to post a leak or rumor yourself on ResetEra you should contact an Administrator so that we can review the information first. Please note that we will not officially endorse leaks posted on the forum and users who knowingly post incorrect information will be banned.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/general-faq.9777/

Thanks.

OP
OP
ReyVGM

ReyVGM

Author - NES Endings Compendium
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
OP
OP
ReyVGM

ReyVGM

Verified
Oct 26, 2017
This is a neat idea for a thread - just hope this doesnt result in less teases from insiders because many of them try to stay in the background as much as possible. Having constant spotlight on them might affect their willingness to share details.

I agree with this. But I would like a consensus from leakers themselves reading this threads and mods. Should I mention leakers by name or just post the rumor/leak? A source link will definitely have to be included, and that source will have their names. And if they didn't want to be known, then maybe they shouldn't post under their own names/usernames?

I mean, I don't want anyone to stop leaking just because their names will be in this thread.

Any thoughts?

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
all of these appeared on past Nintendo systems...
Yeah, he amended his statement since he forgot the series was on a Nintendo system before. That means it would have to be a series where it would be easy to make that mistake. That's very easy to forget with Tomb Raider and pretty easy with Deus Ex as well. I don't think he would have forgotten that Kingdom Hearts games are on 3DS though.

OP
OP
ReyVGM

ReyVGM

Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Would you consider linking back to even older rumors, like Laura Kate Dale's Mario + Rabbids stuff and maybe even pre-NX? It'd be nice to have a resource of reliable past leakers so it's easier to gauge the likelihood of future rumors being true.

Definitely. Those will come later since I have to sit through their entire twitter history from the past 2+ years.

OP
OP
ReyVGM

ReyVGM

Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Why just Nintendo and not other companies? Hasn't a lot of Microsoft stuff been rumoured lately?

Would be too much to keep track off. Right now Switch is more interesting because not everything is assumed to come to Switch, whereas you can be almost guaranteed every multiplat game will come to PS4/Xbox1.

You are welcomed to start your own Microsoft rumor thread though.

because ReyVGM probably has a life and likes to sleep occasionally, not dedicate his entire waking hour to tracking all rumors for everything^^

Hahaha.

justiceiro

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
What about the super dock that was rumored since the nx days? I mean, the guy even managed to nail the j shape of the heat sink. He definitively had inside knowledge

Oct 27, 2017
If GTA V does come to Switch it will be the 4th time I've gotten it. 360-X1-PS4

Someone help me lol

Edit: actually fifth had it on PS3 due to not wanting to pay for XBL in early 2014 lol

OP
OP
ReyVGM

ReyVGM

Verified
Oct 26, 2017
I think L.A, Noire was first leaked in Neogaf, not twitter or somewhere else, wasn't it vern too?

also, I remember in one of those hype threads, I asked Shockingalberto "Do you think we are getting more Metroid?" he just answered "Yes"... and we got not one but two games a couple of months later, sadly I can't link you to it, but that definitely happened.

Links to the vern la noire leak and I will post it.

Awesome idea OP. I was hoping that someone would make a thread like this!

I clicked on the link that leads to Chrom talking about a Direct possibly happening this week but I couldn't find it anywhere on that page. It's the right page correct?

I fixed the links stuff. Try again and tell me if you are taken to the appropriate post.

If we include that, we got to include all the stuff that was dead wrong as well.
Gamecube Virtual Console w/ Sunshine, Melee and Luigi's Mansion, I think it was
Mother 3 localization
Xenoblade X & Splatoon 1 ports
Zelda missing launch and Mario being at launch (this one always struck me as ridiculous, but people believed it anyway)

Other people can add on but there were so many leaks just completely wrong on the software front. Way more than right ones

If it comes from someone that has insider knowledge, then they will be posted even if they are crazy or if they turn out wrong.

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, he amended his statement since he forgot the series was on a Nintendo system before. That means it would have to be a series where it would be easy to make that mistake. That's very easy to forget with Tomb Raider and pretty easy with Deus Ex as well. I don't think he would have forgotten that Kingdom Hearts games are on 3DS though.

I can easily see it being RotTR considering it has a 360 version. I highly doubt it's Mankind Divided, but of course, stranger things have happened.

rzmunch

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Argentina
Message to a moderator:
If a mod doesn't think this is thread worthy, then please lock the thread before I put some real work into it. Thanks.

I've been wanting to make this thread for months now.

I've always been fascinated with how some unlikely games can be rumored for months, then be totally forgotten, only for the game to be eventually announced. Games like L.A. Noire and Dark Souls were rumored since last year, and came true. So, I've always wanted to have a central place where you can keep up with the latest leaks/rumors, and also look back at when/who/where leaked something, and when or if it came true.

I don't have set rules for this, but I won't be posting every single leak that comes from places like 4chan, reddit, (etc.) unless it's something that seems likely. For example, convincing fakes like that Smash Rayman leak, or the Switch OS 5.0 leak will be posted. It will be difficult to tell what's a true leak and what is not, but I'll do my best.

Also, it's possible I won't have the very first original source for some of the old rumors, so for those I might just link to news articles. For new rumors, the original source will be posted. You will see posts with claims from users from this site, I will only post their rumors/hints after a mod has verified they aren't horsing around. I accept help keeping up to date with new rumors too.

December
-LPVG says From Software has Dark Souls 3 running, considering trilogy. (Source) *Partially confirmed

January
-On the 15th, Twitter user Yan2295 says L.A. Noire is coming to Switch. DirectFeedGames said the same on the 25th. (Source) *Confirmed

September
-L.A. Noire Remastered is announced.
-GAF user Vern says GTA5 is coming. (Source)

December
-ERA user Vern teases Dark Souls Remastered (Source) *Confirmed

January
-Switch OS 5.0 video leaks (Source) *Fake
-ERA King Zell hints a "World Ends With You" game right before the Jan 11th Mini Direct (Source) *Confirmed
-Dark Souls Remastered is announced.
-ERA Chrom says here's a Nintendo Direct happening on the week of Jan 15th-19th. (Source)
-Reddit user claims their store Switch will get a huge demo and video update on the 22nd. (Source)
-ERA Emily claims more rumored and unannounced Ubi, Square Enix, Namco games will be announced later this year. (Source)
-ERA King Zell claims there's a Square game coming that has never been on a Nintendo system before. (Source). Claim amended. The Square IP has been on a Nintendo system before. (Source TBA)

*****Still updating. More stuff will be posted as the day goes on. I'll first wait until a mod is okay with the thread.
Here is the source of King Zell saying it was in a Nintendo console before:
https://www.resetera.com/posts/3311752/

OP
OP
ReyVGM

ReyVGM

Verified
Oct 26, 2017
it was leaked via datamining the 3DS eShop which found the icon and title. not applicable here.

Hmm, that could probably count. I mean, if it's not announced and the existence of a title is found, then it could be mentioned if the info is real. Sometimes it will be hard to determine what counts and what doesn't though.

Status
Not open for further replies.