• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sphinx

Nov 29, 2017
OP, there were a ton of rumors from Emily and Laura Dale in late 2016-early 2017 are you going to add all that in the OP? cause that's a lot of work

Pokemon Stars, Smash Deluxe, there's a ton that can still happen, that is up in the air

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
Hmm, that could probably count. I mean, if it's not announced and the existence of a title is found, then it could be mentioned if the info is real. Sometimes it will be hard to determine what counts and what doesn't though.
Well this was for a 3DS game so if you want to keep this Switch-focused it's not really relevant anyway. We found out about Twilight Princess HD the same way, btw.

Bandage

Oct 25, 2017
The Internet
I need a source/thread/post.

I read news sites saying the same, but I can't find his original post leaking it.
Gotcha.
His post was verified by mods at the time and he had leaked stuff before. (Including two Metroid games at E3 in that same post)
The first image was about Hal (Kirby), the second, he confirmed later, was Blizzard.
Speculation is Hesrthstone, but it's not definitive.

logash

Oct 27, 2017
Great idea for a thread in my opinion. I'm not able to watch threads as closely as some others on here and I was confused when I jumped into the direct thread this morning. It makes more sense to consolidate all the rumors into one thread where we can discuss them and where it's easier to catch up if you are pages behind.

Lusamine

Oct 25, 2017
Emily rumor is so easy to come true, like whoa 3 third parties have unannounced games to announce this year.

mutantmagnet

Oct 28, 2017
200.gif

Subscribed

OP
OP
ReyVGM

ReyVGM

Author - NES Endings Compendium
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Well this was for a 3DS game so if you want to keep this Switch-focused it's not really relevant anyway. We found out about Twilight Princess HD the same way, btw.

Oh, doh! I was planning on keeping it Switch only. I would like to include some 3DS stuff, but only major titles (like that Link's Awakening stuff once I read more about it). But then again, that might open the door to a bunch other rumors. Hmm, I don't know now. The thread is called Nintendo Rumor Archive, not Switch Rumor Archive after all.

Maybe after I'm done with the Switch rumors I'll do some recent 3DS stuff.

Redcrayon

Patient hunter
On Break
Oct 27, 2017
UK
Great thread idea, subbed. Presumably if we see anything that looks viable we can pop it here with the source and see if anyone else can stand it up?

Edit: never mind, just checked Zhuge's mod addition about Era policy on rumours, scratch that.

Zedark

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
There's also this very old one, from Eurogamer:
Eurogamer said:
Nintendo Switch will be able to play GameCube games via its Virtual Console service, three separate sources have confirmed to Eurogamer.

GameCube support is already tested and working, we understand, and three Nintendo games have already been prepped for Switch.

Those games are Super Mario Sunshine, Luigi's Mansion and Super Smash Bros. Melee.

Up next on its slate? A version of the GameCube Animal Crossing is currently being tested for potential release.
Source

They also say that there will be an upgrade fee for bringing VC titles over from WiiU to Switch, but I doubt they can oversee the VC business model what with the services like online and possibly VC seemingly still undergoing changes, so I don't think that's a thing to put much stock in anymore (this article is over 18 months old by now).

(Please note that Eurogamer never specified a date of arrival for VC, unless they did it outside of this article, so we can't falsify this just yet)

Last edited:

Zedark

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
By the way, the Chrom rumour about a direct this week also has a rumour about a feature-length direct coming in February:

Hey guys. As the author of those peculiar Fire Emblem tweets from a few pages back, I'd like to step up and provide a follow-up to them here that should help temper expectations a little bit.

Yes, I've been hearing for a while that another Nintendo Direct is in fact happening later this week, but the new Fire Emblem apparently won't be featured there either. I know nothing of its exact contents, but I've learned that it won't be the one to reveal Fire Emblem. It sounds like another small Nintendo Direct from my understanding, no idea how they'll announce it. A more feature-length Nintendo Direct is supposedly planned for sometime in February, and, in my opinion, that's probably when we may see Fire Emblem after all. Here's hoping, I'm really excited for it. At this point I'm not thinking there'll be another Fire Emblem Direct though, sadly.

Apologies for the commotion. I do actually hear things from time to time, but I also realize it's important to not give people false hope if I can help it, so that's why I'm here to clarify. I hope you guys can forgive me. Either way, I think we can all agree it'd be best to wait until Nintendo says something before we can get all excited again.
Maybe it's a good idea to include that one as well, since they are two different topics and both quite relevant.

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
There's also this very old one, from Eurogamer:

Source

They also say that there will be an upgrade fee for bringing VC titles over from WiiU to Switch, but I doubt they can oversee the VC business model what with the services like online and possibly VC seemingly still undergoing changes, so I don't think that's a thing to put much stock in anymore (this article is over 18 months old by now).

(Please note that Eurogamer never specified a date of arrival for VC, unless they did it outside of this article, so we can't falsify this just yet)
Eurogamer + Three SEPARATE sources indicated to me that this definitely once was or still is true

NimbusCub

Oct 28, 2017
Phoenix
Was briefly confused why I was receiving a mention notification for a thread I never posted in. Hi everyone!

I have no idea if there's been an update to the list I saw last year during E3 season. Was a manner of knowing the right people and I don't work with them any longer.

wrowa

Oct 25, 2017
Emily rumor is so easy to come true, like whoa 3 third parties have unannounced games to announce this year.
To be fair, she never claimed it to be an exciting rumor. Neither were those unannounced ports the point of her post, which was more about generally outlining what she thinks Nintendo's approach for this year will be.

It's also worth nothing she said Nintendo would aggressively release ports/remasters in 2018 a day before the Mini Direct happened ... which turned out to feature mostly ports/remasters.

RedAhmed

Jan 9, 2018
When does our sanity start to abandon us?

Great thread! I can't keep up with the rumors lately. I do hope we'll get more announcements from Nintendo soon.

Bandage

Oct 25, 2017
The Internet
Was briefly confused why I was receiving a mention notification for a thread I never posted in. Hi everyone!

I have no idea if there's been an update to the list I saw last year during E3 season. Was a manner of knowing the right people and I don't work with them any longer.
Hope I didn't put you on blast, I just thought your post was definitely worth a mention in this thread!

NimbusCub

Oct 28, 2017
Phoenix
I remember all the hints pointing to Overwatch though? Lots of references to butts.

Yeah. The games list I saw was referencing Overwatch. Didn't specify at the time whether the game was going to be on the floor or a behind closed-doors showing.

Hope I didn't put you on blast, I just thought your post was definitely worth a mention in this thread!

By no means! Just wanted the context to be made known. I'm no insider, and happened to have a co-worker who knew someone working a position that might have access to Nintendo's e3 list.

BlueManifest

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Online service, VC, and MyNintendo rewards

Its taking too long for details to be announced on these 3 things and what makes it worse is that there's basically no recent rumors for any of them which makes the wait even worse. I don't see how even some small things haven't leaked for these

dheophe

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't think there will be another Direct this month. The next direct will on early March.

Bigg

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think you should read much into the posts that were teasing the Direct announcement an hour before it came out. That was probably when the direct was sent to the press so they could write up their stories. That's a little different than the other rumors listed in the OP.

Hero

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah. The games list I saw was referencing Overwatch. Didn't specify at the time whether the game was going to be on the floor or a behind closed-doors showing.

By no means! Just wanted the context to be made known. I'm no insider, and happened to have a co-worker who knew someone working a position that might have access to Nintendo's e3 list.

Overwatch on Switch would be pretty crazy.

Byakura

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
thanks for this. Every time time check the Direct thread there always seems to be some new rumor people are talking about that I have to search for to try and figure out what people are talking about LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.