• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

qtamir1

Oct 28, 2017
that's a great thread idea, someone should do it also for all platforms (rumors that might come true)

Roo

Oct 25, 2017
tenor_1.gif
I love LOVE how his subtle tease did fly under people's radar haha

Armoured_Bear

Banned
Nov 17, 2017
Laura Kate Dale rumoured that Xenoblade Chronicles X was coming to Switch and IIRC the producer hinted that it could happen.
I hope she's right although I hate her leaking of ND details, ruining the surprise.
e.g. the Dark Souls reveal.

Daryehl

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
RIo de Janeiro, Brazil

Aether

Jan 6, 2018
Thx for this Thread, i think this is a great idea.

In most cases context makes a big difference (lauras rumors as an example),
maybe this way people will realize that they were not total fabricated,
just that sometimes you have a bad source or things change. (same with most prominent leakers)

In the end, its all for fun and speculation, so i don't get why people become so hostile.

Vito

One Winged Slayer - Formerly Undead Fantasy
Oct 25, 2017
So a full direct for February is rumored?

My sanity...

OP
OP
ReyVGM

ReyVGM

Author - NES Endings Compendium
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Guys, please don't turn this into Direct Speculation Thread Insanity Vol. 2 ...

I really don't want that. I just wanted to have an archive of leaks/rumors, when they started and when they were confirmed real/fake.

For that reason, I will only post stuff that can derail this thread only when there's already a thread about it. So I'll be deleting the "nintendo direct this week" posts until a thread for those are made.

Oct 26, 2017
Liam Robertson said on his podcast that he was hearing that Square Enix was thinking about porting FF13 to the Switch.

If you're trying to dream up a less hype announcement than Tomb Raider, you have to dream darker (And, yes, FF13 is less hype than Tomb Raider).

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
Liam Robertson said on his podcast that he was hearing that Square Enix was thinking about porting FF13 to the Switch.

If you're trying to dream up a less hype announcement than Tomb Raider, you have to dream darker (And, yes, FF13 is less hype than Tomb Raider).
Hopefully it comes with XIII-2 and XIII-3. I haven't played those :/

Zalman

Oct 25, 2017

I was thinking the FFX and FFXII remasters could be cool on Switch... XIII never even crossed my mind.

Deleted member 4093

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It would have to.. those games are like 9.99 every where. Honestly, I miss FF XIII. It wasnt perfect and it was a corridor but it had a amazing music, graphics and the story was confusing but I fucked with it. I'm just nostalgic for it although I never really beat it or liked it like that.

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
Dragon Quest Builders runs on the same engine as FFX and XII if I'm correct? Don't think we've seen that on a Nintendo platform before.
I was under the impression that those games were PS console exclusives. VII-XII haven't been on any console except PS.

Some deal with Square before the merge or something. I'll have to find a source

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
It would have to.. those games are like 9.99 every where. Honestly, I miss FF XIII. It wasnt perfect and it was a corridor but it had a amazing music, graphics and the story was confusing but I fucked with it. I'm just nostalgic for it although I never really beat it or liked it like that.
The battle system saved the game for me. It was so damn fun. Might be my favorite in the series from what I've played honestly.

The music, art and environments were all great too

OP
OP
ReyVGM

ReyVGM

Author - NES Endings Compendium
Verified
Oct 26, 2017

Link? And is Liam trustworthy?

Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
What about Konami? Man..I was hopeful they would get a nice "Igavania" for us... but it's almost impossible since Igarashi is the only one who can do that job properly.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/ollieb...-castlevania-game-to-the-switch/#760cd1633c23

Imran very strongly implied a few months ago that Konami is developing a new Castlevania for Switch.

I'm curious to see what Konami's next big move with Switch is.

Super Bomberman R sold very well for Switch.

It probably doesn't belong in this world.

Jonneh

Good Vibes Gaming
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
UK
I was under the impression that those games were PS console exclusives. VII-XII haven't been on any console except PS.

Some deal with Square before the merge or something. I'll have to find a source
It's probably best to run under that impression to avoid any port begging but I would be interested in seeing a source. I honestly have no idea what the deal is for FFX and XII or how the PC versions came to be.

Sphinx

Nov 29, 2017

the problem I see with that is that those 3 games together are too much content for a 59.99 price tag,

I am not sure SE will want to sell all that content for such a low price.

they can always remaster each game individually and price each one 59.99, just like Dark Souls, why should they leave that money on the table?

Deleted member 2793

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's probably best to run under that impression to avoid any port begging but I would be interested in seeing a source. I honestly have no idea what the deal is for FFX and XII or how the PC versions came to be.
Sony owned part of SE at the time. These games never had releases for other system (Nintendo or Xbox) besides PC, which we know Sony doesn't care too much about (just look at SFV, a game they funded). You don't even see Square Enix talking about the possibility of porting these games, I feel like it's clear they're exclusive and had Sony tech/money involved.

Of course he is.

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
the problem I see with that is that those 3 games together are too much content for a 59.99 price tag,

I am not sure SE will want to sell all that content for such a low price.

they can always remaster each game individually and price each one 59.99, just like Dark Souls, why should they leave that money on the table?
Dark Souls is $40, and isn't XIII pretty cheap other places?

Oct 26, 2017
Link? And is Liam trustworthy?

Liam is, ehhhh levels of good at rumors.

His podcast is Patreon only.

And he didn't sound 100% confident in this or anything, it was just something he heard Square was thinking of doing. I wouldn't include it in the rumor list, I'm just throwing it out there if we want to speculate about Square games and the Switch.

Hero

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
What about Konami? Man..I was hopeful they would get a nice "Igavania" for us... but it's almost impossible since Igarashi is the only one who can do that job properly.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/ollieb...-castlevania-game-to-the-switch/#760cd1633c23

Imran very strongly implied a few months ago that Konami is developing a new Castlevania for Switch.

I was going to mention Imran. Not to mention it makes sense with Konami going in a bit on Castlevania with the anime and the NES being prominently featured in the ad for the anime, not to mention there's a Castlevania game on both the NES and SNES Classic.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
Activision and Warner Bros still haven't done anything serious for Switch yet. Just a Skylanders and a couple of Lego games. Wonder if anything's coming from them. Wasn't there an Injustice 2 port rumor?

Oct 26, 2017
Anyway, I doubt people are going to be that interested in an FF13 rumor.

I'm just trying to think darker about SE game speculation, lol.

Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
Oh, well, that's unfortunate...

We're still getting Bloodstained regardless. Me, I'm happy to see Konami take a different approach to the series, as long as it turns out better than Lords of Shadow 2 apparently did (and I'm one of those weirdos who liked Mirror of Fate - come at me!).

Is that a quote from one of the castlevanias or something? I don't remember it, there's only a few a I haven't played though

Status
Not open for further replies.