• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 43657

User requested account closure
Banned
May 19, 2018
That's a firm negative on the IGN "leak".

- GTAV is never coming to Switch, it's over 65 GB.
- An F-Zero remake makes "Zero" sense. Nice try.
- Mario Maker 2.0 wouldn't come with a stylus.
- Also, Deltarune? Come on, a PC demo is coming to Switch? Get off it.

That's just my two cents. I would, however, predict a Direct soon. That's just my wild guess, I have nothing that backs that up.

Tarot Deck

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Lol SFV on the switch

That game can't be ported and it's almost dead.

4chan leaks are way more imaginative than this to the point some may eventually turn out real.

Radishhead

Oct 30, 2017
Lol, can you imagine Nintendo announcing the 3DS is discontinued during a DIRECT? That alone proves this as fake.

Deleted member 426

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Can I also ask if the Last Story II leak was ever verified as coming from MediaMarkt? I thought it was some random Redditor and it could have been a fake mock up of the site.

Mirev

Jun 8, 2018
"They announce that this will be the final Nintendo game for the Nintendo 3DS, and that it will be discontinued this year "

Lol, that would be a stupid move. C'mon...

Luke88

One Winged Slayer
Dec 29, 2018
Italy
lol @ Nintendo announcing they will discontinue the 3DS mid-Direct
That's such a Nintendo move to make...

To me the biggest Indicator that this is fake is the Mortal Kombat X port happening one month before MK11, like who would buy it if the next game is coming out a month later ? That is just impossible

Deleted member 26156

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I don't get people who kill their own "leaks" with stupid stuff and wish fulfillment. Making a vaguely realistic leak really isn't that hard.

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
oh great, idiotic fake leaks from ign boards lol
thread is off to a good start again :)

next leaky pants roundabout when

Normally it is the retailer cut which is the more important (25%). I'll use the numbers Ubisoft gave us to do the math :
https://www.resetera.com/threads/ub...y-ms-nintendo-take-12-in-cogs-per-game.22783/

The idea is that for 8Gb carts or smaller, Nintendo is charging about the same as Sony/MS.

Now let's take the 32Gb carts with the assumption that Nintendo charges 25$ by units. It is a big game so they decide to ship 1m copies day one.

Scenario 1 : they sell every single copy at full price
The best case scenario - profit = 20m€

Scenario 2 : They sell 75% of the overall shipment at full price
Medium case scenario - profits = 8.8m€

Scenario 3 : They sell 50% of the overall shipment at full price
Worst case scenario - profits = -2.5m€

Since you have to pay the fee for every copy you manufacture, your profit is very depend on your ability to sell those copies at full-price. It is a huge risk with little pay-off because if your underestimate the demand you'll need a lot of time to have a second shipment and momentum could fade away in the meantime.
And there you also have a good explanation for why so many Switch games (say, Skyrim) hold their price.

Deleted member 43657

Banned
May 19, 2018
"The Direct begins with a big announcement: Super Mario Maker 2.0."

The day before New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe releases on Switch.

Sure.
Excellent point.

This is why, by the way, I was highly skeptical of a MPT reveal at The Game Awards. Nintendo practically never announces something until one of their heavily promoted titles is released and in a lot of cases has been in the wild for a few weeks.

I don't suspect well hear about a Direct until after NSMBUD releases.

Deleted member 8593

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
"Thank you for tuning in for another Nintendo Direct. I hope you all enjoyed the various announcements for Nintendo Switch and Nintendo 3DS. I want to end this Direct with a special announcement..."
FavorableUnripeErmine-size_restricted.gif

"Fuck the 3DS for real!"

Deleted member 426

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I
Excellent point.

This is why, by the way, I was highly skeptical of a MPT reveal at The Game Awards. Nintendo practically never announces something until one of their heavily promoted titles is released and in a lot of cases has been in the wild for a few weeks.

I don't think NSMBUD has been promoted heavily though. It's started ramping up now but really the focus was on Pokemon and Smash. I think they'll release the Direct before NSMBUD for precisely this reason.

Coríu

Feb 27, 2018
Asturies
Excellent point.

Are they "heavily promoting" NSMBUD? I wouldn't say they are. At the very least it's not getting more promotion than Kirby Star Allies did, and we got a Direct one week before it launched.

We also got one two weeks before Mario Kart 8 Deluxe. Arms and Mario Tennis Aces definitely got more promotion than NSMBUD and they were released right after E3.

They've been showing time and time again quite the contrary of what you suggest: they're perfectly comfortable having Directs right before game launches, with just a brief reminder of those during the broadcast.

blacktout

Jan 16, 2018
Honestly, any "leaks" that are presented as an outline or transcript of an upcoming Direct should be treated as fan fiction instead of as rumors. They're always bullshit. Last year we had a Direct that was delayed a full week and still only individual announcements leaked, rather than the full Direct.

NLCPRESIDENT

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midwest
God I wish...

If something KH comes to Switch, we'll see Sora for Smash announced before that.
I can see that... although, it's hard to see Nintendo asking Disney for anything. Then the hole gets deeper when you include spirits n what not. Hope it happens for y'all smash players.
I'm ahead of y'all, I didn't click on it, didn't read it and still commented on it!
I clicked, read and commented. Then I took a shower..

Deleted member 426

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I can see that... although, it's hard to see Nintendo asking Disney for anything. Then the hole gets deeper when you include spirits n what not. Hope it happens for y'all smash players.

I clicked, read and commented. Then I took a shower..
Sora couldn't get in to Dissidia because Disney didn't want to see him in a fighting game. That was a nearly a decade ago so things could have changed, but it could still be an issue.

ReyVGM

Author - NES Endings Compendium
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
But isn't Sora a Square character, and not a Disney one?

NLCPRESIDENT

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midwest
Sora couldn't get in to Dissidia because Disney didn't want to see him in a fighting game. That was a nearly a decade ago so things could have changed, but it could still be an issue.
Wow, I didn't know that. Things could've changed, but I doubt it. On the other hand, there's Mario. If he can be in a fighting game so can Sora.
But isn't Sora a Square character, and not a Disney one?
Iirc, he's a Disney property. Dont think there's any original FF characters in 3. We'll see tho.

TheFireman

Banned
Dec 22, 2017
- GTAV is never coming to Switch, it's over 65 GB.

I'm sure that leak's fake. That said, there's a 16 gig last-gen version of a GTA V that a Switch port would be much closer to. The problems with a GTA Switch port are:
-Who would do it? (There's probably more hands free now that RDR2 has shipped)
-How do you price it? (The game's dirt cheap elsewhere at this point, but that didn't stop Skyrim and Doom)
-The last-gen version doesn't get new GTA online content anymore, which is a huge money maker for them. What would they do about that?
I think these are all solvable issues, but I could understand if they chose not to port it.

Luke88

One Winged Slayer
Dec 29, 2018
Italy
Honestly, any "leaks" that are presented as an outline or transcript of an upcoming Direct should be treated as fan fiction instead of as rumors. They're always bullshit. Last year we had a Direct that was delayed a full week and still only individual announcements leaked, rather than the full Direct.
Didn't we have that one Direct in 2015 that got leaked by a photo of a Monitor with folders for each game in the Direct ?

Simba1

Dec 5, 2017
I'm sure that leak's fake. That said, there's a 16 gig last-gen version of a GTA V that a Switch port would be much closer to. The problems with a GTA Switch port are:
-Who would do it? (There's probably more hands free now that RDR2 has shipped)
-How do you price it? (The game's dirt cheap elsewhere at this point, but that didn't stop Skyrim and Doom)
-The last-gen version doesn't get new GTA online content anymore, which is a huge money maker for them. What would they do about that?
I think these are all solvable issues, but I could understand if they chose not to port it.

-There are plenty of 3rd party teams that could handle Switch port.
-Price of game is least problem, Diablo 3 just released and its $60 and despite that its seems its quite popular on Switch, full portable GTA V can only be much more popular.
-Even if Switch version dont includes online part, with $60 they will still easily made millions of clear profit with Switch version of game.

In any case, insaiders hints suggests that biggest problem is that 32GB carts are currenlty too expansive for 3rd party and that effecting GTA V port also most likely.

Last edited:

Redcrayon

Patient hunter
On Break
Oct 27, 2017
UK
Would any company really, deliberately state in an official communication designed to drum up hype for their coming product line that 'this will be our last official release before we discontinue the system (3DS) we just sold loads of at christmas'?

It just seems completely the wrong time and place, and also unnecessary. They don't announce discontinuation of a system in the same comms as drumming up hype for a game announced for it. It's usually an answer given to a question asked after that point as it does them no favours and only pleases those calling for it's official and immediate demise rather than the very slow walk into the wilderness that successful consoles usually do.

I expect '3DS is now discontinued' to be a very quiet answer given to enquiries made about it later next year at the earliest.

OP
OP
Lelouch0612

Lelouch0612

Oct 25, 2017
This "rumour" is not worth discussing nor archiving. Therefore, as per the rules of the thread, no other mentions of it please.

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
People should be smarter than this but they're not. If anyone's wondering why I keep "yelling" at them in here over stuff like that, seeing this circle repeat itself again and again over the years is why :D

Guys, this thread is for reporting and archiving rumours; it's not for discussing them.
It is precisely for discussing them. Just only the ones that aren't obviously made up by some troll, as per the guidelines in the OP. :)

Didn't we have that one Direct in 2015 that got leaked by a photo of a Monitor with folders for each game in the Direct ?
Yes, like a day before, from some asshat taking advantage of NOE(?) fucking up or something. Never weeks in advance, never by some rando on a forum.
One time. And never again since. The rule is: any and all detailed rundowns of Directs are automatically BS.

Last edited:

DarkDetective

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
Yes, like a day before, from some asshat taking advantage of NOE(?) fucking up or something. Never weeks in advance, never by some rando on a forum.
I was an active part of that leak. Let's just say that the objective of whoever made that photo wasn't to turn it into an internet leak. However, it ended up in the hands of journalists (the website I was writing for back then) and it was picked up by other (international) websites and outlets from there.