• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 33

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
Assassin's Creed III Remastered trailer came out, no mention of Switch at all.
So either, that Switch listing (complete with box art) was a fake or maybe the versions Switch is getting are ports of the PS360 versions. I would rather the latter obviously

From what I know, the release date on that ACIII switch retail listing was wrong.

MP!

Oct 30, 2017
Las Vegas
I wish, I honestly can't stand the "Retro is doomed and wasted 5 years" topic for another 4 months and a half. Sadly I feel like it's the kind of game that fits best an E3 announcement or maybe a March Direct just like Smash.
for real... does anyone think about how incredibly expensive it would be to keep retro running for 5 years with nothing to show? ... they wouldnt have given them metroid they would have closed the studio.... tens of millions LOST.
Whatever they worked on we'll see soon.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
that was the longest painful silence ever... oh man
That's not really true though. We had E3 2016 that fully revealed Breathe of the Wild. In October, Nintendo revealed the Switch! Then in January 2017 Nintendo had their Switch presentation. That's the biggest information you can get.

BlueManifest

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Assassin's Creed III Remastered trailer came out, no mention of Switch at all.
So either, that Switch listing (complete with box art) was a fake or maybe the versions Switch is getting are ports of the PS360 versions. I would rather the latter obviously

The deadline passed already. They don't announce them after 10AM EST and they don't have Directs on Fridays anymore, so it's on to next week
Unless it's another mini direct that has no announcement

BloodshotX

Jan 25, 2018
From what I know, the release date on that ACIII switch retail listing was wrong.
ah okay, i know you cant be specific. But Emily do you have any idea if more core games from ubisoft are coming to switch? Ubisofts output on switch besides southpark and mario+ rabbids was quite low.

Would have loved to play ac rogue on switch when the remaster was announced last year, but it never came to switch.

OP
OP
Lelouch0612

Lelouch0612

Oct 25, 2017
ah okay, i know you cant be specific. But Emily do you have any idea if more core games from ubisoft are coming to switch? Ubisofts output on switch besides southpark and mario+ rabbids was quite low.

Would have loved to play ac rogue on switch when the remaster was announced last year, but it never came to switch.

They released Rayman Legends, Mario + Rabbids, Southpark, StarLink, Valiant Heart, Child of Light that are good/great games.

More support will undoubtedly come from them.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
I'm getting a little worried about third party lineup of Switch this year.

Still no confirmation for rumored games like AC3.
There were rumors that MK11 could be delayed.
Saints Row The Third, Resident Evil PS2 collection and Pillars of Eternity are still not dated.

And new announcements are getting rarer. So far we got just two this year: Dragon's Dogma and Darksiders 1. Expected much more given how successful Switch has been past couple of months.

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games

Saints Row The Third, Resident Evil PS2 collection and Pillars of Eternity are still not dated.

And new announcements are getting rarer. So far we got just two this year: Dragon's Dogma and Darksiders 1. Expected much more given how successful Switch has been past couple of months.
Referring to former GCN exclusives as "PS2 Collection" is quite insulting :D

Disclaimer

Oct 25, 2017

It's February and we haven't even had a Direct yet. There's zero need to worry — hell, April is already packed to the brim with third party releases.

BloodshotX

Jan 25, 2018
They released Rayman Legends, Mario + Rabbids, Southpark, StarLink, Valiant Heart, Child of Light that are good/great games.

not denying those are good games, but those games released on xbox360, ps3, xbox one, ps4 and pc years and years ago. I doubt that people in the past 9 years didnt own rayman legends, valiant heart, child of light or the first south park games for years by now.

Why im bringing AC rogue up is bc it never released on wiiu and it was massively overlooked by the general crowd, mostly bc it released on the same day as unity. They remastered it last year, and i honestly thought it would have been a good starting point for assassins creed on switch.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017

I though Saints Row was dated for some time in the Spring, but now I'm having trouble finding that. Hmm.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
I though Saints Row was dated for some time in the Spring, but now I'm having trouble finding that. Hmm.

Retail listings said it'll come out on first week of March. Less than a month left, still no word from THQ Nordic. They did date Darksiders Warmastered edition, though.

It's February and we haven't even had a Direct yet. There's zero need to worry — hell, April is already packed to the brim with third party releases.

April is really good but unfortunately, it's the only good month. This month, March and May have absolutely nothing third party wise. June has two Kart racers and beyond that is uncharted waters for Switch third party support.

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Retail listings said it'll come out on first week of March. Less than a month left, still no word from THQ Nordic. They did date Darksiders Warmastered edition, though.

April is really good but unfortunately, it's the only good month. This month, March and May have absolutely nothing third party wise. June has two Kart racers and beyond that is uncharted waters for Switch third party support.

Even in April Mortal Kombat XI is the only new game. FFX/X-2,XII, Dragon's Dogma and Darksiders are all games and they aren't even the first re-releases.

I'm getting the FF games but those aren't particularly exciting releases.

DeuceGamer

Oct 27, 2017

How many 3rd Party games have been announced recently for X1/PS4? It doesn't seem like many recently and I'm guessing it's just the time of year.

I think it's premature to start worrying about Switch yet. There are plenty of upcoming 3rd Party games that we know about, though they may not be the type you are looking for admittedly. I'm guessing there will continue to be announcements as we get further into 2019.

SpankyDoodle

Oct 25, 2017

Not only that but they also did the DLC expansion for Mario+Rabbis as well, I'd be really surprised if they aren't working on either a sequel or some other collaboration with Nintendo at the very least.

MaitreWakou

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 15, 2018
Toulouse, France
Resident Evil PS2 collection
Boooh this man. Gamecube collection it is !
220px-Resident_Evil_2002_cover.jpg

6548680-resident-evil-4-game-cube.PNG

Kiraly

Oct 30, 2017
Both your thoughts are wrong. The trailer of today was tied to the season pass of Odyssey. It's still coming at retail but at a different date.

No it wasn't? There's not a single mention of Odyssey in the trailer or the description, plus the trailer features clear packshots of the PC/PS4/XBO version with a release date and pre-order link to the special edition.

Sagadego17

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
well maybe a direct not that far off

Rogers Base We #TravelProvidedByNintendo Boyz today. Just landed in San Francisco for the day to check out some upcoming Nintendo games!

qrac

Nov 13, 2017
I mean, I have plenty of games to play and many more that I intend to buy and play later on, but it would be nice to have something new to look forward to in 2019. It wouldn't hurt to reveal something. Got to keep up the hype, otherwise the system will fail.