• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

unicornKnight

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Athens, Greece
I'm getting a little worried about third party lineup of Switch this year.

Still no confirmation for rumored games like AC3.
There were rumors that MK11 could be delayed.
Saints Row The Third, Resident Evil PS2 collection and Pillars of Eternity are still not dated.

And new announcements are getting rarer. So far we got just two this year: Dragon's Dogma and Darksiders 1. Expected much more given how successful Switch has been past couple of months.
I believe they will all be coming but I totally see them getting delayed releases. Expected when the Switch ports are handled by secondary/hired studios.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
February feel totally like a dead month, in a year we were hinted would be filled with new releases by insiders. Hopefully this won't have a huge impact on Switch's momentum.
Next "big" release is Yoshi in 49 days :/

Chackan

Oct 31, 2017
I can see one of two things happening:

- Direct eventually happens but there is a lack of anything new
- Direct eventually happens and it is amazingly packed with new stuff that we didn't even saw it coming. Nintendo was just waiting for the right time

pirata

Oct 25, 2017
What's the absolute latest that people think Nintendo could have the next Direct? I've been giving it a little thought.

There probably is some universe where Nintendo could wait until E3 and announce everything for the first half of the year via press releases or one-off videos/Twitter posts, but it's likely that there will be something before then.

If there is a (significant) Direct before E3, it probably won't be in May, since they could just wait until E3 at that point. So April is probably the latest (unless they hold off until E3).

I doubt there's anything Direct-worthy coming out this month (or it would have been announced), and Yoshi is coming out in March, right? So April is when their empty release schedule truly becomes a problem. So I say a March Direct would be a good place to announce everything coming out before E3.

What's the latest y'all think it could possibly happen?

cdm00

The Fallen
Dec 5, 2018
What's the absolute latest that people think Nintendo could have the next Direct? I've been giving it a little thought.

There probably is some universe where Nintendo could wait until E3 and announce everything for the first half of the year via press releases or one-off videos/Twitter posts, but it's likely that there will be something before then.

If there is a (significant) Direct before E3, it probably won't be in May, since they could just wait until E3 at that point. So April is probably the latest (unless they hold off until E3).

I doubt there's anything Direct-worthy coming out this month (or it would have been announced), and Yoshi is coming out in March, right? So April is when their empty release schedule truly becomes a problem. So I say a March Direct would be a good place to announce everything coming out before E3.

Well according to earlier in the thread, retailers need 6 weeks for marketing and such, so if Nintendo wants something for May, I would say the latest could be mid March.

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017

- Direct eventually happens and it is amazingly packed with new stuff that we didn't even saw it coming. Nintendo was just waiting for the right time

Well the tentpoles this year would be what?

Animal Crossing, Pokemon 2019, Possibly Retros Starfox racer?

Also... could we get a glimse/teaser of the next Zelda or Zelda spinoff?

I cant think of what else the have in the chamber at the moment.

pirata

Oct 25, 2017
Double your pleasure, double your posts

EDIT: Something weird happened with an extension I have installed the messed with my post. You can see my original post below.

Chackan

Oct 31, 2017
Well the tentpoles this year would be what?

Animal Crossing, Pokemon 2019, Possibly Retros Starfox racer?

Also... could we get a glimse/teaser of the next Zelda or Zelda spinoff?

I cant think of what else the have in the chamber at the moment.

Actually, I was including 3rd party games, but we know so little of even those.

A lot of announcements last year (ports mainly, but good ones), but almost no launch dates (RE collection, Grandia, Final Fantasy CC and the other FF, etc).

Either new stuff or at least launch dates would be nice!

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games

Direct speculation is not to be had in this thread.
Since today there is a dedicated thread for that type of chatter: https://www.resetera.com/threads/ni...-ot-good-things-come-to-those-who-wait.98257/

Deleted member 8593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017

giphy.gif

Deleted member 19702

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

After all this wait and they don't announce anything new it'll be a massive fuck up.

Seafoam Gaming

One Winged Slayer
Nov 3, 2017
Just saw this on Twitter:
https://twitter.com/LeakyPandy/status/1093744755123646464

Just asking, how credible is this person, and has there been any other information to verify this. Anyways, cheers, and do check this OP, thanks.

didn't stealth get banned here for console warring towards those who liked MH World and for making up stuff about a Switch MH without backing it up to the mods lol

I don't think pandy has had much credit either save for like a day of a direct once only to get everything within it wrong. Stealth also mentioned the Konami Rebirth trio and a fourth game coming to Switch a year ago but since that never happened and I don't think anything of his has come true I'm gonna lose hope on that sadly despite how I'd love it. It's pretty inevitable for a new MH, though

OP
OP
Lelouch0612

Lelouch0612

Oct 25, 2017

Just asking, how credible is this person, and has there been any other information to verify this. Anyways, cheers, and do check this OP, thanks.

LeakyPandy is funny. Their claim are almost 100% half right half wrong.

You can see it in the OP :

- they guessed the date of a Direct but were wrong on the content.
- they claimed that Fortnite was coming but also the save the world mode.
- they said that we were getting info about DQXIS and Tales of in December (mostly true this one).

Going by that, it could happen but maybe it won't be announced next month lol

Deleted member 51691

Banned
Jan 6, 2019
LeakyPandy is funny. Their claim are almost 100% half right half wrong.

You can see it in the OP :

- they guessed the date of a Direct but were wrong on the content.
- they claimed that Fortnite was coming but also the save the world mode.
- they said that we were getting info about DQXIS and Tales of in December (mostly true this one).

Going by that, it could happen but maybe it won't be announced next month lol
I think that's an indication that LeakyPandy is more like GuessyPandy. Also, Stealth blocked me on Twitter for calling out his bullshit. What did the tweet "Leaky"Pandy was responding to say?

OP
OP
Lelouch0612

Lelouch0612

Oct 25, 2017
I think that's an indication that LeakyPandy is more like GuessyPandy. Also, Stealth blocked me on Twitter for calling out his bullshit. What did the tweet "Leaky"Pandy was responding to say?
Capcom announced that Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate on Switch has sold over 1.2 million units. Could you imagine if Switch got an original Monster Hunter game that was actually marketed? Wow.

I love those rumors. It is concrete and you get a timeframe, it's added to the OP. We'll know soon enough.

Deleted member 51691

Banned
Jan 6, 2019
I love those rumors. It is concrete and you get a timeframe, it's added to the OP. We'll know soon enough.
Yep. Maybe LeakyPandy has some inside tidbits but adds on his own speculation and passes it off as a leak. I was thinking that a Monster Hunter would come to Switch this year, though, so I can definitely see LeakyPandy being right on this one. At the rate it's selling currently, the Switch should outsell the PS4 in Japan with a three-year gap between the two consoles. Capcom is leaving money on the table by not having a Monster Hunter on Switch that isn't a 3DS port.

MrMegaMill

Nov 28, 2017
If it makes you feel better, David Gibson, a well-known games reporter in Japan (he live tweets the investors meetings) also tweeted something in relation to another Switch MH game coming....

Deleted member 51691

Banned
Jan 6, 2019
If it makes you feel better, David Gibson, a well-known games reporter in Japan (he live tweets the investors meetings) also tweeted something in relation to another Switch MH game coming....

Very interesting. Next month does make sense for a new MH announcement. Capcom is holding a 15th anniversary celebration for the series next month. I suppose the release date would be this fall alongside the expansion for MHW. This excites me. I want a Monster Hunter on Switch with the quality of life changes of MHW and graphics better than the creaky 3DS graphics.

Edit: What if it's Monster Hunter Stories 2?

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
We have known for a while that 2019 would be the year bigger Capcom titles could arrive - they said themselves in 2017 that it takes time to prepare these titles.

They are not much different from other companies - the saw the Switch as to expensive for Nintendo's traditional portable audience and figured that Nintendo would sell the system based on their first party efforts in the first two years.

These publishers don't want to release their big games before there is a strong established install base and the system got more affordable. Both things are happening this year.

Check out the time table for past consoles until they received their new MH titles - took over 4 years for current gen systems to get World...Switch is still a young system.

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games

Leakypants is 100% unreliable source, always ignore them. Marcus Sellars tier of bullshit.

Gibson also took Marcus Sellars tweets seriously. His co-signs aren't worth much thanks to that. Go to him for livetweets from IR meetings or personal insights but not co-signs of twitter randos with known track records.

Myriotes

Jan 30, 2018
Germany
Leakypants is 100% unreliable source, always ignore them. Marcus Sellars tier of bullshit.

Gibson also took Marcus Sellars tweets seriously. His co-signs aren't worth much thanks to that. Go to him for livetweets from IR meetings or personal insights but not co-signs of twitter randos with known track records.

While I don't think that it changes anything, because I think his tweet was not supposed to "leak" anything: Gibson's tweet was 26 minutes before the tweet from LeakyPandy.

Doctre81

Oct 26, 2017
I'm getting a little worried about third party lineup of Switch this year.

Still no confirmation for rumored games like AC3.
There were rumors that MK11 could be delayed.
Saints Row The Third, Resident Evil PS2 collection and Pillars of Eternity are still not dated.

And new announcements are getting rarer. So far we got just two this year: Dragon's Dogma and Darksiders 1. Expected much more given how successful Switch has been past couple of months.

MK 11 is only delayed in Europe

Deleted member 51691

Banned
Jan 6, 2019

Chris1964

SalesEra Genius
Oct 25, 2017
I don't see this posted at OP. The 4th unknown title emily hinted. It's from 22 January.

We probably will get a Nintendo direct before March lol

Cause there is a game releasing soon, maybe sooner than March (mayyyybe)

It's a unannounced Nintendo ip -big depends who you ask- ; Not very exciting though

Releasing soon !

Eolz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FR
Maybe MPT? Metroid is big or not depending on who you ask, and a wii port is not that exciting for most.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe MPT? Metroid is big or not depending on who you ask, and a wii port is not that exciting for most.

MPT is reportedly getting an HD upgrade, so I doubt it'll just be a port of the Wii game. Especially because they need to rework the controls from MP3. Also I expect it's getting a retail release, so it would need to be announced a bit more in advance than an eShop game like Boxboy.

Deleted member 51691

Banned
Jan 6, 2019
MPT is reportedly getting an HD upgrade, so I doubt it'll just be a port of the Wii game. Especially because they need to rework the controls from MP3. Also I expect it's getting a retail release, so it would need to be announced a bit more in advance than an eShop game like Boxboy.
I hope they give MPT the Wind Waker HD treatment.

Eolz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FR
It won't be a remake anyway. I guess you can consider it a remaster, but that's just a HD port in the end.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
It won't be a remake anyway. I guess you can consider it a remaster, but that's just a HD port in the end.

Either way if it's getting a retail release it's very unlikely it can be announced next week and still release before March. Boxboy makes a lot more sense to me as that game.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Either way if it's getting a retail release it's very unlikely it can be announced next week and still release before March. Boxboy makes a lot more sense to me as that game.
Are you guys taking into account what Ehoavash said? He said an unannounced Nintendo IP would drop before March. He said you could call it a big IP, but boring generally. I don't think Emily's Boxboy and Ehoavash's game is the same game because Boxboy wouldn't be looked at as a big IP.

Emily said there's 3 eshop titles coming. Ehoavash and one of Emily's other 2 eshop games could be whats coming this month.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
Are you guys taking into account what Ehoavash said? He said an unannounced Nintendo IP would drop before March. He said you could call it a big IP, but boring generally. I don't think Emily's Boxboy and Ehoavash's game is the same game because Boxboy wouldn't be looked at as a big IP.

Emily said there's 3 eshop titles coming. Ehoavash and one of Emily's other 2 eshop games could be whats coming this month.

Yeah I'm specifically talking about what Ehoavash said. I think Boxboy fits as his game since it has a good following but a lot of people will find it rather boring. It could be another eShop title too, I just think Boxboy is the likeliest candidate we have at the moment.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah I'm specifically talking about what Ehoavash said. I think Boxboy fits as his game since it has a good following but a lot of people will find it rather boring. It could be another eShop title too, I just think Boxboy is the likeliest candidate we have at the moment.
I'll be happy with Boxboy. It's interesting though Emily just added another eShop game to her list. I wonder if she heard something new from a source or maybe she heard another eShop title would be announced in the Direct.