• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Gambit

Oct 27, 2017
Skies of Arcadia 2 maybe?

I remember reading it was in development for Gamecube, then cancelled, then development for Wii, then cancelled.

Maybe third time's the charm.

Would be a great choice for the JRPG audience on the Switch.

EDIT: Oh shoot. It wasn't a public cancellation so I guess that's out.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
if I had to guess at the revived game rumor (keep in mind the cancelation needed to be public in some form):

Goldeneye remaster as a XBLA/Switch Online Store release plus original on N64 Classic (easiest and cheapest of the potential games on list to make especially with how the last Sony Bond film underperformed)

Mother 3 or Dinosaur Planet remake(err re-port? Retroactive artistic reversal?) for N64 Classic

Super Mario 64-2 (Maybe they have enough Oddessy multiplayer stats+3D World sales figures to give this another go)

Pilotwings Reboot from GameCube era (Factor 5 rose from their grave recently)
It's not a Nintendo game

Jan 2, 2018
The dream would be to get the three originally planned Oracle games with a GameBoy classic, but that's more than unlikely.

Edit: I somehow missed the part, that this game isn't a Nintendo game, and while the Oracle games were made by Capcom, I don't think they would fall under this description.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm watching this RGT85 video and this dude messed his name- "Erman" lol. I mean I hear people mispronounce his name, but this guy moving letters around.

Why is he even bringing up Startropics or 1080 snowboarding.

Pokémon

Oct 27, 2017
RGT85 is doing a very poor job with quoting people and content. First he said that Zell claimed all the games he leaked for 2019 will be featured in the February Direct which he never did and now he can't even pronounce the name of the person he is quoting? Learn to read and comprehend, seriously.

Simba1

Dec 5, 2017
"Very officially canceled" and "not one that people would expect" to me sound like bigger deal, probably bigger deal than Bayonetta 2,
so I dont think we talking about Mega Man Legends 3 because that's actual something that people could expect Nintendo reviving and IMO its not big deal.

So yeah, I thinking something more like Scalebound, Silent Hill, Rogue Squadron Trilogy or Star Wars 1313.
I would personally love Star Wars Rogue Squadron Trilogy or Silent Hill.

Amnixia

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Jan 25, 2018
RGT85 is a fraud, we should stop giving this guy the attention he is craving for.

He is?

I know Dreamcastguy faked getting struck by the piranha plant bug (he showed his switch as proof, but Piranha plant wasn't installed).

Edit:

Pause video at 1 min 59.

You'll see the original roster, if your save got corrupted then you would have the original roster + Piranha plant.

Last edited:

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
I can envision absolutely no scenario in which Konami would want to give up Silent Hills without charging Nintendo a small fortune, and I find it hard to believe EA would greenlight an exclusive Star Wars for Switch given contractual complexities of who does/does not own the license and financial expectations from EA and Disney shareholders.
There's also the issue of those games dealing exclusively with the original trilogy which has zero cross-promotional value with Disney's current productions.

Rogue Squadron Collection? Was that announced ever?
No. Neither publicly announced nor publicly canceled, just revealed to have existed long long after the fact.

Jerm411

Oct 27, 2017
Clinton, MO
Nintendo Insider claims that Imran is referring to Scalebound.

tenor.gif

Amnixia

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Jan 25, 2018
Nintendo Insider claims that Imran is referring to Scalebound.

Like I said earlier:
This actually was the first thing that came to mind.

I don't think Microsoft will sell the IP, but it wouldn't be the craziest thing right?

If MS doesn't want it and Nintendo doesn't mind paying the bill MS stands to profit from selling an IP they never really used and at the end had no faith in, then does isn't a bad deal for MS.

Hope it is true!

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Australia
Nintendo and Microsoft advertise cross-play for some games.

Nintendo and Microsoft revive Scalebound.

Microsoft lend out some Rare games to Nintendo for the N64 Classic.

Nintendo adds a Microsoft character in Smash: Steve Banjo & Kazooie

The timeline is clear.

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
Apparently the Scalebound trademark was actually abandoned because Microsoft didn't make a statement of use, according to Justia. Maybe this Nintendo Insider guy is onto something.

We crashed Nintendo Insider's servers lol

Last edited:

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Australia
Agree to disagree. I think Chief would bring balance to Smash, considering how many Playstation characters are in Smash right now
Ha, balance on the Smash roster? That's funny. They threw out any idea of representation balance with Smash 4 (and that isn't necessarily a bad thing).
and Banjo is still technically a Microsoft character (even if their Nintendo appearances are what people actually care about) so I don't get why Chief is somehow different?
Regardless, there's only room for one guy in a green sci-fi suit, and that's Doom Guy.

Dekuman

Oct 27, 2017
RGT85 is a fraud, we should stop giving this guy the attention he is craving for.
This.
There's no reason to believe he would have any more insight into what this game might be than the majority of this forum.
He is?

I know Dreamcastguy faked getting struck by the piranha plant bug (he showed his switch as proof, but Piranha plant wasn't installed).

RGT85 is fine, I just watch him for his reviews/commentary. He hangs out with SpawnWave and the SpawnCast crew which sometimes have access to insider information. But I don't watch his insider stuff, SpawnWave is a much easier watch and they both have the same source.

TheSentry42

Nov 2, 2017
So Imran Khan in the latest The Game Informer Show podcast (ep. 437 - 2.14.19) mentions that Microsoft has had continued, on going meetings with Nintendo as a Third-party. Much like they would have done with Minecraft. But that they are continuing to do so for future games.

He strongly implies there are games that have not been announced that Microsoft is looking to bring to the Nintendo Switch. It's around the 45-55 minute marks while they are discussing the Nintendo Direct and Hellblade coming to the Switch.

I thought this was worth remembering when discussing Imran's latest rumor about the revived game and other rumor/speculation that it could be Scalebound (which Microsoft partially owns?).

Imran made both these claims within about a week of each other on The GI Show and Kinda Funny... connected perhaps?

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
So Imran Khan in the latest The Game Informer Show podcast (ep. 437 - 2.14.19) mentions that Microsoft has had continued, on going meetings with Nintendo as a Third-party. Much like they would have done with Minecraft. But that they are continuing to do so for future games.

He strongly implies there are games that have not been announced that Microsoft is looking to bring to the Nintendo Switch. It's around the 45-55 minute marks while they are discussing the Nintendo Direct and Hellblade coming to the Switch.

Imran is a trusted journalist who has a lot of connections and inside sources that he has used to do accurate reporting on leaks and rumors before.

I figured it was worth adding to the list and discussing!

Sorry to reply to an older comment but this was linked to in another thread and I wanted to chime in.

The talk on the podcast seemed more speculative than rumor. Imran does not state they are meeting with Nintendo on "future games" instead of Minecraft. He reiterated things we already know like Phil Spencer publicly saying in 2018 that he meets Nintendo as a third party because of Minecraft (they have the same on-going relationship with Sony, even winning a PSVita award in 2017) and saying he (Imran) thought more MS titles could "probably" come to Switch because of that relationship.

This was also before we knew Hellblade Switch was a project started before the Microsoft acquisition.

Here's a quick transcript for folk.

Imran: I think there's probably going to be more of those in the future.

Ben: Oh, more Microsoft games on Nintendo Switch?

Imran: Yeah.

Ben: Hmm, I wonder how many balls were in motion before the Microsoft purchase though. Do you think they were already working on a Nintendo Switch version and it's just like "well it'd be stupid to waste that development effort so go ahead Ninja Theory".

Suriel: And I mean, they already have Minecraft on there so it's not Microsoft's precedent to say "now we're gonna cancel this since we we bought you, I feel that they're way cooler about that than maybe Sony might have been.

Imran: I mean, Phil Spencer has meetings with NIntendo as a third party, like they talk in third-party relations. There's more work to come probably.

Not to say it won't happen or anything, but just wanted to clarify this with the thread being a rumor "archive" and all.

Last edited:

bmfrosty

Oct 27, 2017
SF Bay Area
2019 Microsoft has a very different attitude than 2012 Microsoft. They also have a very different business. Azure is their #1 focus, services they can provide through Azure is #2, Office is #3, and Windows is #4. XBox doesn't even rank. XBox is what they do to have their business is a consumer positive light. They want it to make money, but they really just require it to not lose too much money. They want positive consumer feelings so that people might like them a little next time Antitrust and Microsoft start getting put in the same sentence in Washington DC.

Being able to say that they are also a friendly entertainment company in addition to everything else that they are is a big deal to them.