• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

plebc

Jan 7, 2018
RGT85 is fine, I just watch him for his reviews/commentary. He hangs out with SpawnWave and the SpawnCast crew which sometimes have access to insider information. But I don't watch his insider stuff, SpawnWave is a much easier watch and they both have the same source.
I saw a lot people saying SpawnWave doesn't care to check the correct sources or to credit correct people, he doesn't even give apologies after being asked for it.

Besides he is a great friend with SuperMetalDave64.

He usually just makes a video about whatever info he finds on Twitter/Era/Reddit without much original stuff, not sure why people give credit for that stuff, he's not different than anyone else.

Dekuman

Oct 27, 2017
I saw a lot people saying SpawnWave doesn't care to check the correct sources or to credit correct people, he doesn't even give apologies after being asked for it.

Besides he is a great friend with SuperMetalDave64.

He usually just makes a video about whatever info he finds on Twitter/Era/Reddit without much original stuff, not sure why people give credit for that stuff, he's not different than anyone else.

He has a tendency to dance around his research and make himself appear smarter than he does, but he does the SpawnCast with Nate so the rumours we hear, he hears. And yes he does use ResetEra as a source sometimes, but afaik he credits all sourcers when referring to a rumor.

Out of that crew, if I were to watch a video summarizing the rumor, it'd be him. GameXplain tends to do the best job, but GameXplain doesn't hang out with them.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
So it looks like we got some legit-sounding Pokemon leaks from 4chan (found after the fact).

REAL LEAKS FROM 4CHAN?

D0ay1PEUUAA8xnr.jpg
It seems that there was some potential* leaks, as always. Spoiler I guess
1551277700-capture-0.png

Both have differences but one interesting similarity is this claim about "Armored" forms or evolutions.

Deleted member 26156

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
So it looks like we got some legit-sounding Pokemon leaks from 4chan (found after the fact).

Both have differences but one interesting similarity is this claim about "Armored" forms or evolutions.
Hard to say on the first one, but the second is pretty far off the mark. The region is based of GB, not Scandinavia, and they got 2/3 of the starters completely wrong.

Pokémon

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah I would keep an eye out on the first rumor but the 2nd one looks more like a lucky guess than a legit leak.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
Hard to say on the first one, but the second is pretty far off the mark. The region is based of GB, not Scandinavia, and they got 2/3 of the starters completely wrong.

Well a few people in the reveal thread seemed to say it also looks a bit like Scandanavia but yeah it's pretty clearly England.

The point is they both mention armored forms in some way, which is a weird detail for both of these to guess while also getting some details right.

Deleted member 26156

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Well a few people in the reveal thread seemed to say it also looks a bit like Scandanavia but yeah it's pretty clearly England.

The point is they both mention armored forms in some way, which is a weird detail for both of these to guess while also getting some details right.
They both mention it, but the implementation of both is completely different: evolutions to certain Pokémon vs modifications you can add to any. It's just a coincidence if anything.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
They both mention it, but the implementation of both is completely different: evolutions to certain Pokémon vs modifications you can add to any. It's just a coincidence if anything.

To me it sounds like two different interpretations of the same actual game or leak. One guy hears these Pokemon have armored forms so they assume it's an evolution involving Meltan, another guy knows it has to do with a brand new type of Pokemon. Maybe Meltan is one of these Elemental types?

The only thing that can't really be explained by different interpretations of the same source is the starters in that second post. Everything else is similar enough to be interesting, at least to me.

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Or maybe both mixed stuff that you hear in the wild

There were lots of talk about the UK region in the direct thread .. that does not mean people were leakers =P

Luke88

One Winged Slayer
Dec 29, 2018
Italy
Tbh even the box legendaries sound similar, one says snake and horse and the other Dragon and Pegasus, if we're talking about a Chinese dragon it could easily be mistook as a Snake (or viceversa) and Pegasus is just a horse with wings (perhaps not as noticeable in the boxart)

Jan 10, 2018
Tokyo
Doctre81 is at it again stalking people's linkedin and digging the info; it's pretty funny but quite effective. He's barely mentioned in the OP but in my opinion, he's a much more reliable source than some random era members who guess stuff more than anything (I'm not talking about the people who we know for a fact have reliable sources). Anyway, OP needs more Doctre81. He's sometimes reaching a bit, like for The Witcher 3, but his latest Serious Sam 4 video is pretty convincing for example.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xDrVk94tiQQ

Oct 26, 2017
Doctre81 is at it again stalking people's linkedin and digging the info; it's pretty funny but quite effective. He's barely mentioned in the OP but in my opinion, he's a much more reliable source than some random era members who guess stuff more than anything (I'm not talking about the people who we know for a fact have reliable sources). Anyway, OP needs more Doctre81. He's sometimes reaching a bit, like for The Witcher 3, but his latest Serious Sam 4 video is pretty convincing for example.

It's convincing that Serious Engine is getting Switch support but like I said wherever else it was posted, wait for The Talos Principle to be announced for Switch first. Talos Principle came out 5 years ago developed from a byproduct of Serious Sam 4 development, SS4 was originally supposed to come out in 2014 too, so don't hold your breath.
Also note that Talos Principle has been ported to a new platform roughly once every year, so if that carries on 2019 would be Switch's year.

Last edited:

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Watch this be released at the same time as DQXI :/
It was always going to be a busy second half ....the Switch install base is big enough to support multiple releases around the same time and more importantly these games including are supposed to sell over a long period. They are looking to recreate P4 Golden Situation on Switch.

EatChildren

Wonder from Down Under
Oct 27, 2017

He's good at sourcing Linkedin info, not at interpreting it.

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It was always going to be a busy second half ....the Switch install base is big enough to support multiple releases around the same time and more importantly these games including are supposed to sell over a long period. They are looking to recreate P4 Golden Situation on Switch.
i feel like there are many switch owners who are interested in playing both these games (dq11 and p5) for the first time (me being one of them), and these being LONG jrpgs, both releasing around same time will hurt one of them. i hope one is early fall and the other late fall so they can as far from each other as possible.

mocolostrocolos

Attempting to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
If I have to choose where to invest my time, I'd pick DQXI since I've already beaten P5.

But it will hurt my heart.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
i feel like there are many switch owners who are interested in playing both these games (dq11 and p5) for the first time (me being one of them), and these being LONG jrpgs, both releasing around same time will hurt one of them. i hope one is early fall and the other late fall so they can as far from each other as possible.
These games can will sell for a long time - they are already based on older releases and won't get recieve successors anytime soon.

Diffrent type of JRPGs, diffrent publishers and sales expectations and likely not launching in the same month. For all we know P5R could hit early September while DQXI S doesnt drop until mid October.

It will be a busy season either way ....but first week/month sales shouldn't be overestimated for ports of older titles.They are being released on Switch for it's long-term potential.

Like you mentioned you are interested in both of them and even if you can only get one at launch ...you will end up the other game down the line .

Ethifury

Dec 4, 2017

I hope you're not talking about Mystic. He (or she) talked about Persona 5 having new domains since the end of last year and teased the game coming to Switch/PS4 (DLC Complete edition).

I'm getting this game on Switch, since the time to get the Platinum is freaking massive, and I'm already behind on a lot of PS4 titles. But playing on the go will be nice

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
These games can will sell for a long time - they are already based on older releases and won't get recieve successors anytime soon.

Diffrent type of JRPGs, diffrent publishers and sales expectations and likely not launching in the same month. For all we know P5R could hit early September while DQXI S doesnt drop until mid October.

It will be a busy season either way ....but first week/month sales shouldn't be overestimated for ports of older titles.They are being released on Switch for it's long-term potential.

Like you mentioned you are interested in both of them and even if you can only get one at launch ...you will end up the other game down the line .
yeah you have a point. i guess i just want to play both around launch and want that to be realistically possible.

so it's expected that the ps4 version will be announced before the switch version? oh boy. another shit show incoming, if true.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Wait the PS4 version might be announced before the Switch version? Lol if true, but whatever it don't bother me. It's coming to Switch too is what matters.

Oct 27, 2017
Peru
Can't wait to play P5 portable. I just can't finish the damn game on PS4.

Also, I wish they confirmed if there's going to be a female protagonist already.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
What a drama it will be if only PS4 version is revealed in march lol

Could be worse, PS4 could the the only version. Imagine, Smash mini direct in April, Sakurai says Joker is available right now and if we want to know more about the game, we should play the game on PS4 console. PlayStation 4. Greatness awaitsTM.