• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

@dedmunk

Banned
Oct 11, 2018
One of the reasons people took Gaming Intel Direct for April 11 seriously is because Sellars tweeted that a Direct would be announced last week. Many still take him very seriously.

Be careful what you say about him, I noticed Liam Robertson had some tweets about the guy threatening legal action and then Liam removed those tweets for some reason.

Dremorak

Oct 25, 2017
New Zealand
That's right. I am always super vague with my rumors, and I'm always throwing really big swings at stuff.

King Zell always says exactly what's going to happen....days, weeks or months after I tease what's going to happen.

Pokemon:

May 11th, 2018 - Emily says a new Pokemon game is coming this year, but not necessarily an 8th gen one. (Source)
May 15th, 2018 - Emily claims a new Pokemon title will be announced before May is over. There will be two versions. Teases it will be related to Pokemon Go in some way. Teases that there may be an accessory. Branding/naming of the game might raise a few eyebrows. (Source)
May 29th, 2018 - King Zell claims that a Pokemon event is coming before the end of May. (Source).

Metroid Prime Trilogy:

February 7th, 2018 - Emily claims Nintendo was pushing to make a Metroid Prime Trilogy in HD happen. (Source)
February 3rd, 2019 - King Zell hints at a trilogy coming (Source) He later confirms that he was talking about Metroid Prime (Source)

Pikmin 3:

February 2nd, 2019 - Emily says the next Wii U port is a first-party game from 2013. (There's only 4 realistic choices) (Source)
February 8th, 2019 - After people speculated my Wii U 2013 port to death, King Zell claims that Pikmin 3 will be announced this year. (Source)

2D Zelda:

December 29, 2018 - Emily teases 2D Zelda and Platinum's unannounced game for 2019. (Source)
Ferbuary 8, 2019 - King Zell claims that 2D Zelda is coming in 2019. (Source)

3D Zelda:

September 23, 2018 - Emily teases there's a strong possibility of 3D Zelda in 2020, reusing the BOTW engine and tech. (Source)
January 3rd, 2019 - King Zell teases that something Breath of the Wild related is coming in 2020 (Source)

King Zell is very credible, and they definitely have some good contacts in the industry. And I was the first person on Era to vouch for King Zell's credibility last year in May 2018.

But don't fool yourself into believing that "Emily only gives us super vague rumors" but "Zell tells us exactly what's going to happen".

I'm not as vague with my teases as you think I am.
I for one really appreciate the way you word your rumors, just vague enough but really not vague at all. Hints at whats to come but doesn't lessen the effect of the bombs dropping when theyre actually revealed

brainchild

Independent Developer
Verified
Nov 25, 2017
In order to keep track of the reliability of the people spreading the rumors, I decided to highlight a select few numbers of them that prove themselves very reliable/unreliable.

Once a source is in the unreliable category, I'll stop archiving their rumors unless they prove themselves reliable enough in the future. Regarding the very reliable category, I am basing myself on the volume of rumors and their accuracy. I am starting with some strict minima but we'll see how it'll evolve with time.

For now it looks like this :

Unreliable :

- Marcus Sellars (bad track record, history of deleting tweets...)
- Gaming Intel (bad track record, trying to spin their wrong rumors like the November Direct one ...)

Very reliable :

- Emily Rodgers : 35 rumors, 90+% accuracy
- King Zell : 14 rumors, 90+% accuracy

What about Vern ? Pretty sure his record is flawless, but I don't think he's started many rumors.

Vern

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
What about Vern ? Pretty sure his record is flawless, but I don't think he's started many rumors.

Thanks for the vote of confidence but I'm still waiting on that second rockstar game I mentioned long ago to be announced...

Also I hedged on a direct that I heard was happening but it ended up being incorrect, though I never said I fully believed it. I probably missed a thing or two elsewhere but I can't remember. The main things I put out there though yea, I was pretty flawless.

I am happy to not be labeled though, it's ok for me to be mentioned less or not at all as a leaker, since I'm out of the game it doesn't really matter if I'm reliable or unreliable, nothing else is coming from my direction.

brainchild

Independent Developer
Verified
Nov 25, 2017
Thanks for the vote of confidence but I'm still waiting on that second rockstar game I mentioned long ago to be announced...

Also I hedged on a direct that I heard was happening but it ended up being incorrect, though I never said I fully believed it. I probably missed a thing or two elsewhere but I can't remember. The main things I put out there though yea, I was pretty flawless.

I am happy to not be labeled though, it's ok for me to be mentioned less or not at all as a leaker, since I'm out of the game it doesn't really matter if I'm reliable or unreliable, nothing else is coming from my direction.

Thanks for clearing that up!

OP
OP
Lelouch0612

Lelouch0612

Oct 25, 2017

Yeah Vern is very reliable but his rumors are mostly coming from the old place and since he doesn't want to be archived I didn't bother to dig deep to find them.

It is better that way I think.

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
Be careful what you say about him, I noticed Liam Robertson had some tweets about the guy threatening legal action and then Liam removed those tweets for some reason.
Sellars is some internet rando who is not gonna lift a finger, let alone take "legal action" ...

One day one of these rumors will be about a new F-Zero or Golden Sun. One day :(
And they will be fake.

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe nothing, but Retro studios made some art as a goodbye present for Reggie featuring the games they've made.

There's a Mario Statue strategically positioned blocking some of the art...but there's a cartoon robot hand on the bottom left?

Here it is zoomed in:
D4YxNILX4AE0Uxo

it's not from Star Fox as those characters have 5 fingers. It's not from Federation Force as those have 3

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Maybe nothing, but Retro studios made some art as a goodbye present for Reggie featuring the games they've made.

There's a Mario Statue strategically positioned blocking some of the art...but there's a cartoon robot hand on the bottom left?

Here it is zoomed in:
D4YxNILX4AE0Uxo

it's not from Star Fox as those characters have 5 fingers. It's not from Federation Force as those have 3

Interesting, wonder if Retro has something to show soon.

Opa-Pa

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I mean it's pretty clear to me this is a tease and not just people reaching.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
if it was an identifiable character, then it would be found by now. especially with all teh characters being Retro-made games

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
https://www.usgamer.net/articles/nintendo-switch-pro-delay-lite-dock-report

Nikkei reports that the Switch Pro may be delayed because of technical difficulties with the OS and battery consumption, but the Switch Mini is on schedule for Fall 2019 and will dock with the TV.

Didn't both Mochi and Eurogamer say Switch Mini was expected to launch this summer? Sounds like that one got delayed too. That's a big bummer, my Switch's Joycon holders are already brokena nd I'm eagerly waiting the revision that won't have that little brittle plastic pieces.

Please have a white color option, Nintendo!!!!

Dmax3901

Oct 25, 2017
I don't really know what the solution is but if leakers have stopped leaking because of the way we currently handle things, I sure as hell support a change.

Forkball

Oct 25, 2017
Weird how all those Persona 5 rumors that came out immediately after Joker was announced for Smash ended up being wrong.

WEIRD

karmitt

Oct 27, 2017
Nintendo rumors from insiders are basically dead at this point

It's maybe for the best. The rumors only serve to spoil inevitable announcements, and at least this way fans can enjoy a good blindsiding every once in a while now.

Just imagine if Retros new game actually makes it out without a whisper from insiders? What a great moment that'll be

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's maybe for the best. The rumors only serve to spoil inevitable announcements, and at least this way fans can enjoy a good blindsiding every once in a while now.

Just imagine if Retros new game actually makes it out without a whisper from insiders? What a great moment that'll be
It'll definitely be a great moment. I have a feeling no one will spoil it.