• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
Zelda 2D was hinted by Emily a few days ago. Also, there are not many games besides those "Zelda 2D" which are often designated by their number of dimensions. It's Zelda 2D that he's talking about.
Both this and the heavily hinted MPT are probably gonna be revealed next week.

You're all gonna disappointed when Metroid Trilogy turns out to be a 3DS only game. Makes no sense but totally something Nintendo would do.

Nov 3, 2017
mBpirNC.png

Last edited:

Titik

Oct 25, 2017
What are the announced games that Nintendo have for this year with concrete dates/month?

Titik

Oct 25, 2017
Thats it? Yeah seems like were due for another mini direct to announce games for the Spring and Summer 2019 stuff at least. Then probably our first Pokemon from gen 8 in Feb/March. A Pokemon direct in May then an E3 direct for games releasing later this year. Sounds about right?

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Thats it? Yeah seems like were due for another mini direct to announce games for the Spring and Summer 2019 stuff at least. Then probably our first Pokemon from gen 8 in Feb/March. A Pokemon direct in May then an E3 direct for games releasing later this year. Sounds about right?
Yeah as far as I know only NSMBU Deluxe has a hard release date unless you count Travis too. Other than that nothing has a hard release date.

I think we'll get a general direct in January. I could see a Fire Emblem Direct by February and gen 8 Pokémon reveal in February or March. Another general direct in March/April and then E3.

Seafoam Gaming

One Winged Slayer
Nov 3, 2017

if Game Freak seriously tries to evolve Pokemon and make the best game ever instead of just rushing out stuff like they have been since 2013 I will eat my Fennekin plushie since I don't have a hat. I have zero faith they can pull off an Odyssey moment. Heck, they don't really need to TBH. Just make a content-packed game like BW2, with a national dex.

sfortunato

Oct 25, 2017
Italy
It was clear from the beginning (i.e., when they announced Let's Go) that Pokémon would have had its Breath of the Wild moment sooner or later. Game Freak must invest on HD development and a "big" game would allow them to do so and spread more releases. Breath of the Wild is still selling 2 years after the release, after all.

Well me.

Nintendo said they won't do it and rumors failed.

It doesn't matter what Nintendo says about an unannounced product, lol

Nintendo trademarked the name and insiders have been hinting about that since forever. N64 will be big because it has such milestone games like Mario 64 and Ocarina of Time. It will have a huge mindshare, especially in the U.S. However, NES and SNES Classics are still selling well and there's not reason to release another micro-platform that would cannibalize their sales.

Oct 26, 2017
It was clear from the beginning (i.e., when they announced Let's Go) that Pokémon would have had its Breath of the Wild moment sooner or later. Game Freak must invest on HD development and a "big" game would allow them to do so and spread more releases. Breath of the Wild is still selling 2 years after the release, after all.

It doesn't matter what Nintendo says about an unannounced product, lol

Yup, that and making a satisfactory N64 classic almost certainly requires Nintendo to deal with Microsoft. When they say that there won't be one, it sounds a lot to me like when Daniel Craig said after Spectre that he'd rather die than do the next Bond film. They're just trying to get better terms.

Edit: And, speaking of Bond, they would need to go through whoever owns that, too. The whole thing is more complicated than prior classic systems, where they're dealing with Japanese third parties with whom they still have good, active relationships

Fosko

Oct 27, 2017
As I said in the first party thread:

Gen 8 was never going to be released in 2018, especially it was supposed to be "botw tier" (which I highly doubt). So yeah, I'm not believing this. We'll have a direct in 2 weeks max though .

Deleted member 8593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
If I remember correclty: N64 classic and saying his source (the same he had for other leaks) also told him about metroid in tga.

When he talked about the N64 classic he said he had heard the same thing as a response to the Intel Gaming claim. As a result, he didn't say anything about Metroid until after the TGA because he didn't trust that source anymore.

So...

edwardvh

Dec 11, 2018
So making it clear:
* The BOTW was not refering to Zelda but possibly Pokemon with a huge step up like BOTW was for the Zelda series.
* The 2D hint is not about Metroid 2D (I honestly think this will come, like another 2D metroid from mercury stream maybe even for 3DS). But then this makes it quite a possibility for Mario Maker 2.0 in E3?

The Prime Trilogy seems like a given at any time, and probably going to be revealed soon. Wonder what is going on with Prime 4.

Deleted member 8593

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
So making it clear:
* The BOTW was not refering to Zelda but possibly Pokemon with a huge step up like BOTW was for the Zelda series.
* The 2D hint is not about Metroid 2D (I honestly think this will come, like another 2D metroid from mercury stream maybe even for 3DS). But then this makes it quite a possibility for Mario Maker 2.0 in E3?

The Prime Trilogy seems like a given at any time, and probably going to be revealed soon. Wonder what is going on with Prime 4.

He later posted that he thinks they won't need Zelda remakes because there will be a 2D one in 2019 and a 3D one in 2020.

Oct 25, 2017
Australia. Nintendo Land
When he talked about the N64 classic he said he had heard the same thing as a response to the Intel Gaming claim. As a result, he didn't say anything about Metroid until after the TGA because he didn't trust that source anymore.

So...

Like people don't understand stuff changes, things get pushed back, plans change in Emily case especially, she needs to give blood to prove her self to some people. It's a joke.

Fosko

Oct 27, 2017

So...
See? Sources can be wrong. I don't understand era's policy of trusting the leakers in full faith until proven wrong. Leaks should be doubted until proven right and in this case there's a good reason to doubt.

Deleted member 8593

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
See? Sources can be wrong. I don't understand era's policy of trusting the leakers in full faith until proven wrong. Leaks should be doubted until proven right and in this case there's a good reason to doubt.

Sources can be wrong but king zell has been pretty clear and transparent in how he has communicated his leaks. Throwing him into the same pot as everyone else is stupid.

NateDrake

Oct 24, 2017
If I remember correclty: N64 classic and saying his source (the same he had for other leaks) also told him about metroid in tga.
Plans change. No one has a contact or source that is privy to up to the minute changes. Prime Trilogy not being at the Game Awards doesn't mean the game isn't happening.

With that said, I don't believe Gen 8 was planned for 2018. I was always told to expect it in 2019 or even later.

Oct 26, 2017
I don't remember Emily having anything to do with the Metroid at TGA stuff. That was Nate Drake and Jonneh, as far as I remember. And, oh, the horror, they were off by a month.

Maybe it's because I work in software, but this shit changes, guys. You could do a mind meld with Furukawa right now, and you would still be making predictions for six months out that don't come to fruition.

Fosko

Oct 27, 2017
Plans change. No one has a contact or source that is privy to up to the minute changes. Prime Trilogy not being at the Game Awards doesn't mean the game isn't happening.

With that said, I don't believe Gen 8 was planned for 2018. I was always told to expect it in 2019 or even later.
Prime Trilogy was happening from the moment they announced Prime 4, safest bet for leakers yet they fail in the only thing they have to get right: the reveal.

NateDrake

Oct 24, 2017
Prime Trilogy was happening from the moment they announced Prome 4, safest bet for leakers and even then they fail in the only thing they have to get right: the reveal.
This is the reason people don't share information. It either isn't good enough, is a safe bet, or was slightly off due to change of plans & that means all the information is bad.

Deleted member 426

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ah that's what I speculated about Pokemon! I think it's going to alienate and annoy Pokemon's particularly conservatives fanbase, but I'm v excited.