• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Nov 3, 2017
Can we please revive this thread for those of us who want to discuss leaks and rumours but don't want to deal with the Direct OT?

Redcrayon

Patient hunter
On Break
Oct 27, 2017
UK
I always enjoyed this thread as an at-a-glance look at what rumours are out there and how they played out eventually without being buried by commentary on them.

TheSentry42

Nov 2, 2017
Yeah I always appreciated this thread too. Not if it's used to attack people but just as a way to keep up to date with the most recent potential rumors and leaks.

Daryehl

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
RIo de Janeiro, Brazil
As long as they keep updating with the new rumors, I'm fine with it. Oh, by the way, thanks for OP and for everyone who contribute to this topic. :*

gregory-peck-kiss-gif.gif

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
We could revive this thread as more focused on leaks/rumors from retailers or ratings boards or other sources rather than more subjective "insider" chatter that ends up putting a target on people's backs
Can we please revive this thread for those of us who want to discuss leaks and rumours but don't want to deal with the Direct OT?
Yeah Direct thread shitposting is a bit too much sometimes... all the time these days it seems

T002 Tyrant

Nov 8, 2018
Halo on switch is an actual rumour?

It's been rumored for quite a while, I believe the original rumor that it was between Forza, Gears games or Halo, and then I can't remember who (was it Nate? I don't want to get the source wrong!) said Halo would come to Switch. From there it's been speculation if it was just Halo 1, a HD collection of some kind or the MCC in some shape or form.

Nilaul

Oct 26, 2017
Greece
It's been rumored for quite a while, I believe the original rumor that it was between Forza, Gears games or Halo, and then I can't remember who (was it Nate? I don't want to get the source wrong!) said Halo would come to Switch. From there it's been speculation if it was just Halo 1, a HD collection of some kind or the MCC in some shape or form.
If xbox games would come streamed... would that count?

Seafoam Gaming

One Winged Slayer
Nov 3, 2017
Yeah I also agree this thread needs to be revived. Some people were too scared of this thread or thought it could have too much power but quite frankly, I still think it could be way, way less stressful and easier to manage than the nintendo direct thread. That gets so many pages per day that it's impossible to keep up with the true rumors and the shitposts... Especially when we're in a major drought of news now. Not to mention I at least think the stuff in the OP should be updated to be confirmed/debunked since quite a few new things have developed since then (Mainly the GCN Mario Sunshine on Switch rumor, seeming to come true but as part of a collection)

ReyVGM

Author - NES Endings Compendium
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
No one wants to continue this thread, not even me. A lot of people are just ungrateful fucks that shit on the thread and the insiders, and then there are the others that want to break all the rules of the thread and then complain when they get called out.

If I were to do it again, I could collect the rumors, but leave out the sources so ungrateful fucks can go cry on their own rumor-mongering pity.

Deleted member 51691

Banned
Jan 6, 2019
I want to revive this thread but not cover insider chatter so the real ones don't have a target on their backs and to not signal boost the fakers if it's okay with you Lelouch0612. Would I have to ask the mods for permission to restart this thread?

Last edited:

T002 Tyrant

Nov 8, 2018
If xbox games would come streamed... would that count?

I think the rumour was an actual proper port rather than streaming. Is think the speculation on Saber doing the port holds weight since it's their engine at the heart of those games.

Technically I guess it would count, but I personally don't think a steaming version counts as part of the rumour since the rumor seems to be an actual port running on the Switch hardware.

I am unsure how much weight the rumor holds because we haven't heard much. Then again we haven't heard much on anything Switch related apart from the Mario Collection. So I guess we just have to wait.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
We could revive this thread as more focused on leaks/rumors from retailers or ratings boards or other sources rather than more subjective "insider" chatter that ends up putting a target on people's backs

Great idea!

Here's one from me: Two mobile ports are rated by Taiwan boards. Redout Space Assault is a dogfighting spinoff of Redout racing game that was released on Apple Arcade exlusively and World of Tanks Blitz is a casual mobile version of the famous multiplayer game.

Redout Space Assault runs not great on my iPad maybe they can do it better on Switch. It really is a good dogfighting game.

WoT Blitz is a garbage and F2P online only. No idea what it's doing on Switch.

faint

Oct 27, 2017
As someone that browses the ND threads often, I have found the constant shitposting incredibly annoying. If reviving this thread means we can remain on topic and have an easily digestible way of discussing rumors / leaks, I'm sure many people would be in support of this.

Deleted member 51691

Banned
Jan 6, 2019
Here's what I've got as a new OP so far. I'll start by posting the 2020 rumors and leaks I can remember and then go from there. Anything I should add or change?
The purpose of this thread is to archive rumors and leaks related to upcoming Nintendo Switch games as a reference tool. Credit to @Lelouch0612 for running the previous Switch rumor archives. Please read the following rules before posting:

• Do not post rumors from individual insiders on Twitter, ERA, or from some other site. The previous rumor threads were criticized by some insiders for putting a target on their backs. You can post about such rumors in the Direct speculation thread or make a new thread. This thread will focus on rumors from credible publications and leaks from ratings boards and retailer listings.
  • Do not post anonymous 4chan posts until they are confirmed after the fact.
  • Do not post Direct rumors. Please keep posts about Direct rumors in the Direct speculation thread, regardless of their credibility.
  • Do not post Smash Bros. or Pokémon rumors. These rumors tend to be inaccurate. Post such rumors in the Smash speculation or Pokémon threads. If a credible Smash Bros. or Pokémon rumor is found, then make a new thread. These rumors may be added to the archive following confirmation.
  • Include a link to the source of a rumor you would like to be archived.
  • No shitposting. Please focus discussion on speculation about rumors and leaks in the archive.
Examples of what will and will not be archived:

Will be archived:

Amazon UK lists X game for Switch.

Korean rating board has rated X game for Switch.

Eurogamer reports that X game is coming to Switch.

Will not be archived:

Twitter insider claims that a Nintendo Direct will occur on Y date.

4chan post claims that X fan-favorite character joins the fight!

Pokemon starter images found on Discord.

Last edited:

daybreak

Feb 28, 2018
Why not just anonymize the rumours from individual leakers? There's still value to them to many people who don't care to sift through the garbage of the other thread.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Why not just anonymize the rumours from individual leakers? There's still value to them to many people who don't care to sift through the garbage of the other thread.
Yeah

Also I keep saying make an anonymous account so no insider will ever be tied to any rumor from here. When Youtubers want to make videos they wouldn't be able to say Zell or Nate said it. They can only say it came from anonymous poster on era.

FormatCompatible

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
As someone that browses the ND threads often, I have found the constant shitposting incredibly annoying. If reviving this thread means we can remain on topic and have an easily digestible way of discussing rumors / leaks, I'm sure many people would be in support of this.
Nothing against most of the individual posters on the ND thread but that shit is almost unreadable at this point, so I completely agree.

daybreak

Feb 28, 2018
Hell, you could even just anonymize the rumour in unassuming language and assign it a confidence rating based on that leaker's past history. If someone is going to go through the effort to restart the Rumour Archive, it might as well contain all of the rumours, otherwise it's...not a rumour archive.

This way people can't just copy/paste the text in to Google to find the source, either.

e.g, a well-known one: "[Excellent Track Record] An individual claims that February 13, 2019 is the date of the next Nintendo Direct."

e.g, a recent one: "[No Track Record] An individual on Twitter claims that something akin to a Direct Mini will happen on August 10, 2020."

Deleted member 51691

Banned
Jan 6, 2019
I would prefer to keep the rumors limited to what I've described because the credibility of some insiders is subjective and can be up for debate e.g. Zippo, but since that seems to be a popular idea I could add a list of anonymous rumors in addition to the archive of more objective rumors and leaks. And we would have to discuss these insider rumors in the thread to decide to archive them, which still leads to the target on back problem. I think I'll start the thread once I'm finished rounding up the 2020 rumors so far according to the rules I've made up so far but we can add a section for insider rumors later if we can figure out a good way to do it.

Last edited:

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Only the mods will know who's using the account. If the account gets a rumor wrong then there's no one to shit on, but the mods will know who gets rumors wrong behind the scenes and can tell them to not use the account anymore.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
Only the mods will know who's using the account. If the account gets a rumor wrong then there's no one to shit on, but the mods will know who gets rumors wrong behind the scenes and can tell them to not use the account anymore.

Weren't the insiders against the idea? I believe it was in this thread, some of the insiders said no to a shared anonymous account.

SSF1991

Jun 19, 2018

Nothing against most of the individual posters on the ND thread but that shit is almost unreadable at this point, so I completely agree.

Yeah, I couldn't agree more.

It's impossible to keep track of any helpful information in that thread. The pages and pages of shitposting has just gotten old and tiring to me now, but at least there was always this thread to turn to to catch up on anything I missed.