• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Amnixia

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Jan 25, 2018
Why are people asking for Witcher 3 on it? I guess joke is on me for not thinking Nintendo will target these types of games. At this point, you might as well also ask for Cyberpunk

Nintendo doesn't make them but they still want rhem on their consoles.

Gamecube etc. had plenty of violent "mature" games.

The whole Nintendo only wants family friendly games on their console is just factually incorrect.

CRIMSON-XIII

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago, IL
Nintendo doesn't make them but they still want rhem on their consoles.

Gamecube etc. had plenty of violent "mature" games.

The whole Nintendo only wants family friendly games on their console is just factually incorrect.
I am talking about specs and game quality,

You are the second person here to bring up the family friendly thing. And I guess my comment sounds like that, but that isnt what this is about.

I am talking about titles like Witcher 3, RDR2, FFXV (non mobile edition), Anthem, DMC5, etc. I just don't see these titles running on the Nintendo Switch.

Maybe Doom can run at 30fps, but idk

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
Why are people asking for Witcher 3 on it? I guess joke is on me for not thinking Nintendo will target these types of games. At this point, you might as well also ask for Cyberpunk

I mean many Switch owners were sold on the system for a huge open world RPG/adventure game in Breath of the Wild. Maybe Nintendo aren't actively trying to get games like TW3 but they should be, since the demographic who got the Switch for BotW would probably be very interested in it.

CRIMSON-XIII

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago, IL
I mean many Switch owners were sold on the system for a huge open world RPG/adventure game in Breath of the Wild. Maybe Nintendo aren't actively trying to get games like TW3 but they should be, since the demographic who got the Switch for BotW would probably be very interested in it.
Yeah,

Back to my point though, ,, performance and visuals wise, is Witcher 3 possible at all on the Switch? is FFXV (non mobile edition) ? Do you think with work, they could release a 2019 or 2020 handheld to run those two games? That has the ability and power to do so? Because I personally do not see it.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah,

Back to my point though, ,, performance and visuals wise, is Witcher 3 possible at all on the Switch? is FFXV (non mobile edition) ? Do you think with work, they could release a 2019 or 2020 handheld to run those two games? That has the ability and power to do so? Because I personally do not see it.

I personally think it is definitely possible on the current Switch. Same with FFXV. It may not look or run that great but it should be possible.

The bigger question would be, would it look or run well enough so that it sells well enough enough for CDPR or SE to be happy with the return on investment? And how much time/money would porting it require? I think those are the more important questions than "can it run", since I doubt anything can't possibly run on it with enough work.

CRIMSON-XIII

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago, IL
I get it, but there is a difference in making LA Noire run on the Switch and making GTA5 and RDR2 run on it. Even with the next hardware for Nintendo, whether it be a Switch lite (which IMO is more likely than) or a Switch Pro for late 2019 or late 2020 that runs Pokemon 2019 and metroid better than the launch 2017 Switch...

I just do not see it (yet ?)

OP
OP
Lelouch0612

Lelouch0612

Oct 25, 2017
I get it, but there is a difference in making LA Noire run on the Switch and making GTA5 and RDR2 run on it. Even with the next hardware for Nintendo, whether it be a Switch lite (which IMO is more likely than) or a Switch Pro for late 2019 or late 2020 that runs Pokemon 2019 and metroid better than the launch 2017 Switch...

GTAV was a PS3 game, it would run great on Switch.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017

GTA5 ran on the XBOX 360. It most certainly can run on a Switch and it will look good. Insiders have said the only reason it's not on the platform yet is that game cards at high enough capacities (32GB and up) are (or were) just too expensive for publishers (>$20 a pop).

I'm not sure The Witcher 3 is gonna happen just because I don't see CDPR being all that interested. Even if it's outsourced. I personally think it would look decent on the Switch since there are a lot of settings that can be pared down in a big open world game like that which help developers downgrade to the amount necessary.

Whenever a revision happens I do not see any third party publishers putting exclusive games on it, simply because they'd be missing the giant 40-50M user base that the current Switch will have. So if the Witcher 3 comes to a Switch Pro expect it on the base Switch as well.

CRIMSON-XIII

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago, IL
GTA5 ran on the XBOX 360. It most certainly can run on a Switch and it will look good. Insiders have said the only reason it's not on the platform yet is that game cards at high enough capacities (32GB and up) are (or were) just too expensive for publishers (>$20 a pop).

I'm not sure The Witcher 3 is gonna happen just because I don't see CDPR being all that interested. Even if it's outsourced. I personally think it would look decent on the Switch since there are a lot of settings that can be pared down in a big open world game like that which help developers downgrade to the amount necessary.

Whenever a revision happens I do not see any third party publishers putting exclusive games on it, simply because they'd be missing the giant 40-50M user base that the current Switch will have. So if the Witcher 3 comes to a Switch Pro expect it on the base Switch as well.
I wonder how Witcher 3 would look, hypothetically,

Deleted member 26156

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017

EatChildren

Wonder from Down Under
Oct 27, 2017
I mean, there has to be a Direct of some sort before March, and Nintendo has to be cooking up something. If there's literally nothing until Yoshi at the end of March that is a fucking dreadful start to 2019.

Trike

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Nov 6, 2017
Just doing my job, i really think i should retire though, its just like people here want you to be wrong just to insult insiders even more.

I usually just lurk these threads but FWIW I enjoy reading your leaks, right or wrong. You're playing a game that some people want to see you fail at for some reason, but I'm sure there are countless others who enjoy your content in silence like myself. But if you don't think it's worth it anymore I say book it. You do you.

Luke88

One Winged Slayer
Dec 29, 2018
Italy
"King Zell claims that Metroid Prime 4 will release in 2020 at the earliest"

Well it doesn't get confirmed more than that, nobody thought MP4 would release after 2020 before today's announcement while he specified at the earliest

OP
OP
Lelouch0612

Lelouch0612

Oct 25, 2017

Well it doesn't get confirmed more than that, nobody thought MP4 would release after 2020 before today's announcement while he specified at the earliest
I was editing the OP right when you were posting apparently.

But yes, he was right ;)

Lelouch0612 Does this count or does it feel too forced?

He explains afterwards that its for Steamworld Quest, which is why I mention it feeling forced.

Still undecided on this one, I might add it in the future tho.

SpottieO

Oct 25, 2017
Zell was spot about indie showcase and MP4.

Around the same time he also said Direct "soon", trilogy, 2d zelda in 2019 and 2020 other Zelda. Man I can't wait for this next Direct.

akasha

Jan 14, 2019
Germany
Are there any news about the 64gb game cards that Nintendo had postponed to 2019?

There have been rumors that one reason preventing devs from porting larger games early was the lack of larger game cards. I've seen such speculation for GTA5 (next to the price of the SD ROM cards, which Nintendo expects to drop like for normal SD cards).

Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age is a PS4 HD remaster of the original XII and seems to be a larger game. It will get a physical release in April. I wonder whether it will come on a larger card than 32GB.

Last edited:

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
I mean, there has to be a Direct of some sort before March, and Nintendo has to be cooking up something. If there's literally nothing until Yoshi at the end of March that is a fucking dreadful start to 2019.

I don't think February-March have anything first party other than Yoshi, as there would be too little time for marketing after the reveal. I think we'll have some of that moneyhatted third party games like Skyrim, Doom or Diablo 3. Those games, Doom, Civ and Diablo were announced just months prior to their release, wouldn't be surprising if the huge reveal of the next direct is a third party game like GTA5 or Fallout 4 for March.

NateDrake

Oct 24, 2017

To be fair, 2020 isn't even a possibility for "earliest". 2022 is the earliest we see MP4. Zell was pretty clear why he felt 2020 was the earliest -- being that development was still very early when they announced the game at E3 2017.

OP
OP
Lelouch0612

Lelouch0612

Oct 25, 2017
Are there any news about the 64gb game cards that Nintendo had postponed to 2019?

There have been rumors that one reason preventing devs from porting larger games early was the lack of larger game cards. I've seen such speculation for GTA5 (next to the price of the SD ROM cards, which Nintendo expects to drop like for normal SD cards).

Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age is a PS4 HD remaster of the original XII and seems to be a larger game. It will get a physical release in April. I wonder whether it will come on a larger card than 32GB.

Price are indeed going down. It is very apparent since games like Dragon's Dogma will ship on 16GB cart at 30$ which was unheard of the first two years.

Luke88

One Winged Slayer
Dec 29, 2018
Italy
you think we might hear about retro's starfox gp?
I'm no insider but I see no reason why that game should be affected by the cancellation of Prime 4 and Retro now taking care of the game, if StarFox GP leaked mid 2018 I think it's fair to assume it's development cycle is now close to completion, which probably contributed to Nintendo deciding to stop development on the old MP4, and this is just supposing Retro only has one development team, if they had two picking up MP4 wouldn't be a problem

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017

We know Dragon's Dogma is launching on a 16GB card but it's launching at $30, which we have not yet seen before for a 16GB game. They have mostly been $50-60, with one or two being $40. This suggests that the prices of game cards has indeed come down, so hopefully we might see other big games follow.

akasha

Jan 14, 2019
Germany
Alright, thanks for the data point about Dragon's Dogma. Good to see that the plan works out for them (and for the 3rd party devs).

Last edited:

NappingRat

Jul 2, 2018
To be fair, 2020 isn't even a possibility for "earliest". 2022 is the earliest we see MP4. Zell was pretty clear why he felt 2020 was the earliest -- being that development was still very early when they announced the game at E3 2017.
Nate from Direct Feed Games, just wanted to say thanks for using your powers to keep the expectations in check - a little info and a little logic from you goes a long way in my book!

Seafoam Gaming

One Winged Slayer
Nov 3, 2017

I don't mind waiting until 2022 for MP4, as I'm in no rush, but they'd be stupid if they hold off MPT until 2020/2021... If it's finished, they might as well release it now. They released Bayo 1/2 last year despite Bayo 3 looking nothing like a 2019 title

ReyVGM

Author - NES Endings Compendium
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
DasVergeben claims there is more Dragon Quest (port/s) coming. He didn't specify for Switch, but considering the thread is talking about DQ11S, then I assume they will come to Switch.

"On related note I have been told by two different sources that there are plans to announce a port / ports of previous Dragon Quest games which should come this year too. "

https://www.reddit.com/r/dragonques...mored_to_be_released_world/ee869vt/?context=3

Other than re-releasing the older titles, could SE actually end up remaking Dragon Quest 9? I mean, the have already remade DQ1-8, so I don't see why not? Specially since that was one of their best selling titles.

Last edited:

Gay Bowser

Oct 30, 2017
After they remade DQ IV, V, VI, VII and VIII for the DS/3DS, I'm not exactly expecting the remakes to just stop.

I'd like to see them go back to the first three, though. Sort of like how Pokémon remade Gen I again after remaking Gen II and Gen III. DQ I is pretty light on content, so I don't think it would hold up well by itself, but together with II and III seems doable.

cdm00

The Fallen
Dec 5, 2018
A DQ9 remake for Switch makes a lot of sense when talking about the MP aspect. The whole series coming to Switch would be fantastic and great brand recognition beyond tracking down the DS games or buying them on mobile.

bmfrosty

Oct 27, 2017
SF Bay Area
Given that they've ported them all fairly recently, all the code should be available and in some sort of high level language. What would be very exciting IMO would be if they reworked assets into 720p (3x from original) for the pixel art.

Gay Bowser

Oct 30, 2017
If it's releasing this year, as the rumor claims, I don't think it'll be something as major as an HD/3D remake. I don't think they'd want to release one of those so close to Dragon Quest XI S, even if it was ready.

Something like the Wii's 25th Anniversary collection of the FC/SFC versions of DQ I-III seems more likely, even if that seems underwhelming. (This is the same company that released a stand-alone PS4 port of Secret of Mana, after all.) I'm sure it would still sell well in Japan. Maybe it'd see a global release this time – it might even make more sense if Erdrick/Loto is in Smash.

Gay Bowser

Oct 30, 2017
I really hope something comes of the Darksiders Switch teasing. DS III was sent out to die last fall. I think that series might be able to find an audience on Switch.