• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Aniki

Oct 25, 2017
Dragon Quest 8 for Switch would be great. I hope it's the 3DS version though as i haven't played it yet. I always stop playing the PS2 version after around the time i aquire the alchemy pot. Making the alchemy process instant will help me greatly in trying new recipes. I hated that you had to wait for it in the PS2 version, that and no random encounters are big improvements in my mind. Good that i didn't buy the 3DS version yet.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Dragon Quest 8 for Switch would be great. I hope it's the 3DS version though as i haven't played it yet. I always stop playing the PS2 version after around the time i aquire the alchemy pot. Making the alchemy process instant will help me greatly in trying new recipes. I hated that you had to wait for it in the PS2 version, that and no random encounters are big improvements in my mind. Good that i didn't buy the 3DS version yet.
I doubt they'll touch the non-unity version from now on. even if it's missing some graphical effects, it's more easily portable

Aniki

Oct 25, 2017
I doubt they'll touch the non-unity version from now on. even if it's missing some graphical effects, it's more easily portable
Just read a review about the mobile phone ports, they seem to be identical to the PS2 version except for the controls it seems. That would be disappointing if they did decide to port this version. Oh well, we have to see if 8 is even one of the games that will be ported.

JoshuaJSlone

Dec 27, 2017
Indiana
FFX/X-2 is using a 32GB card which adds more fuel to the theory that the price of tho cards went down.
https://nintendoeverything.com/virt...ter-zodiac-age-to-switch-challenges-and-more/
I think that part is talking about XII. The Steam version of XII is 50 GB (an amount mentioned at that link), but X/X-2 is just 37. Also worth noting that most places in the world X-2 is only a download voucher for Switch. The Southeast Asian release is supposed to have both so maybe it's a 32 GB card with most places getting X on a 16.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Link to the original interview:
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...ringing_the_final_fantasy_remasters_to_switch

Still curious about whether XII will use 64GB cards. At one point in the interview they are talking about shrinking "the game" below 64GB and at another one below 32GB. It seems unclear which Final Fantasy they are talking about respectively.
shrinking FF12 to fit 32GB sounds a lot more likely from a cost perspective. it sounds like they did the same for the 10 duo, but that might hit 16GB everywhere but asia

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
Here are some past franchises I do want them to revisit:
  • Wave Race
  • 1080 Snowboarding
  • ExciteBike
  • Beetle Racing Adventure (w/ Criterion)
  • Wario Land
  • Sin & Punishment
  • Odama
Apart from that, I do want Nintendo to continue making new franchises with their "garage developers" like Splatoon and ARMS. Deamon X Machina, while 3rd party, seems to have that kind of pedigree of wanting to make a new series.
Beetle Adventure Racing is an EA game and has nothing to do with Nintendo.

RPGamer

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
-[25th] King Zell hints at MercurySteam being behind a new Metroid game (Source) "I think that MercurySteam is not done with metroid franchise"

Lelouch0612 that doesn't really sound like a leak or rumour, could just be his opinion. Perhaps king zell would like to clarify that? "i think" does only sound like his opinion.

DXB-KNIGHT

Oct 27, 2017
-[25th] King Zell hints at MercurySteam being behind a new Metroid game (Source) "I think that MercurySteam is not done with metroid franchise"

Lelouch0612 that doesn't really sound like a leak or rumour, could just be his opinion. Perhaps king zell would like to clarify that? "i think" does only sound like his opinion.
Well MercurySteam has done a remarkable job with M: Returns although the physical condition combat could've been better.
I liked it more than Fusion as it was true to the series roots of exploration and not chained by narrative. I will not even mention Federation Force.

It seems that Nintendo is done with fucking up the franchise and wants to take a serious and novel approach toward the franchise similar to Fire Emblem and Breath of the Wild.
Metroid's core lore is isolated sci-fi exploration with some tame horror elements. The later entries focused alot on narrative or multiplier which didn't fit with the series core.

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
Assassin's Creed III/Liberation Collection leaked by a bunch of Czech retailers. It's just an extension of the Assassin's Creed collection for Switch rumors that have been out there for a while now, but I think the added specificity is worth adding to the archive.

Edit: Also, king zell confirmed that the 2D game and trilogy are 2D Zelda and Metroid Prime Trilogy, to the surprise of nobody.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Lelouch0612

Lelouch0612

Oct 25, 2017

Knowing King Zell I assumed it was a hint. He can correct whenever he wants and I'll change it ;)

Assassin's Creed III/Liberation Collection leaked by a bunch of Czech retailers. It's just an extension of the Assassin's Creed collection for Switch rumors that have been out there for a while now, but I think the added specificity is worth adding to the archive.

Edit: Also, king zell confirmed that the 2D game and trilogy are 2D Zelda and Metroid Prime Trilogy, to the surprise of nobody.

Thanks, added ;)

Boiled Goose

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Well MercurySteam has done a remarkable job with M: Returns although the physical condition combat could've been better.
I liked it more than Fusion as it was true to the series roots of exploration and not chained by narrative. I will not even mention Federation Force.

It seems that Nintendo is done with fucking up the franchise and wants to take a serious and novel approach toward the franchise similar to Fire Emblem and Breath of the Wild.
Metroid's core lore is isolated sci-fi exploration with some tame horror elements. The later entries focused alot on narrative or multiplier which didn't fit with the series core.

Fire emblem?

Gay Bowser

Oct 30, 2017
We're definitely due for a DQ Monsters game. The release schedule was pretty consistent:

Joker 2: 1H 2010
DQM1 Remake: 1H 2012
DQM2 Remake: 1H 2014
Joker 3: 1H 2016

1H 2018 *crickets*

Of course, a Switch game would take longer to develop than a 3DS one.

Moltres006

Banned
Jan 5, 2019

I wonder what will happen with Paper Mario, will they give it the same treatment as Metroid? 🤔🤔

Luke88

One Winged Slayer
Dec 29, 2018
Italy

I think the purpose of the comment was pointing out that King Zell just made an educate guess rather than hinting at something tangible.

Mickagau

Dec 11, 2018
France
We're definitely due for a DQ Monsters game. The release schedule was pretty consistent:

Joker 2: 1H 2010
DQM1 Remake: 1H 2012
DQM2 Remake: 1H 2014
Joker 3: 1H 2016

1H 2018 *crickets*

Of course, a Switch game would take longer to develop than a 3DS one.

A new Monsters game has already been announced in november. The main protagonists are young Erik and his sisters from DQXI. They have only shown artworks for both :
WS000250.jpg

OP
OP
Lelouch0612

Lelouch0612

Oct 25, 2017
in USA and Europe however they are using a 16GB card.

Yep, in Europe/US they are using a 16GB cart for a retail price of 50$ same as FFXII.

In Japan, they are using a 32GB cart and the game is 1000 Yens more expensive than FFXII.

That tells us than 32GB carts are now viable but probably only for full-priced games.

Last edited:

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Was this about Final Fantasy? If so, this should be marked as confirmed, I think.

I kinda doubt King Zell wouldn't have known or forgot Final Fantasy has been on a Nintendo console before. It's probably Tomb Raider, Deus Ex, Star Ocean or (maybe) Kingdom Hearts. Or Gex.

ReyVGM

Author - NES Endings Compendium
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
I kinda doubt King Zell wouldn't have known or forgot Final Fantasy has been on a Nintendo console before. It's probably Tomb Raider, Deus Ex, Star Ocean or (maybe) Kingdom Hearts. Or Gex.

All of those titles have been on Nintendo systems for a long time now.

Tom Raider: gbc, gba, gc, wii
Deus Ex: Wii u
Star Ocean: snes, gbc
Kingdom Hearts: gba, ds, 3ds
Gex: n64, gbc, gba

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
All of those titles have been on Nintendo systems for a long time now.

Yeah I know, but the rumor was King Zell forgetting they had been on Nintendo before. At least, that's my interpretation.

I think all of those are relatively easy to forget - Tomb Raider had a couple Wii and Gamecube games, Deus Ex was just Wii U, Star Ocean started on the SNES but was ported to PS1 where it became more well known in the west, and none of the mainline KH games have been on a Nintendo system so I'd kinda understand missing those. And there's Gex 64 and GBC.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
All this DQ talk and 32GB card talk is getting me hopeful for a DQ Heroes localization. But I'm not exactly holding my breath.

Doctre81

Oct 26, 2017
You know since there are still so many people here that accuse insider and people with insider info of being piggybackers I just wanted to point out that I reported on this info a month ago :) lol
Dx5Fs_sU8AExEGr.jpg

blacktout

Jan 16, 2018
You know since there are still so many people here that accuse insider and people with insider info of being piggybackers I just wanted to point out that I reported on this info a month ago :) lol

Just wanted to say I love your videos. They have a real "all research, no bullshit" approach that sets them apart from the reheated rumors and vague, unsubstantiated speculation that you get on most gaming youtube channels.

Doctre81

Oct 26, 2017
Just wanted to say I love your videos. They have a real "all research, no bullshit" approach that sets them apart from the reheated rumors and vague, unsubstantiated speculation that you get on most gaming youtube channels.
Thanks man. I do those other kind of videos too lol but I have been doing this kind of thing so long even those usually end up right