• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
bbTszzn.png

TheDinoman

Oct 25, 2017
You know, I've always been curious about something...

-[2nd] ERA John Harker teases development of a Star Fox game is active. (Source)

Has anyone asked John Harker if he was referring to the rumored Star Fox Grand Prix, or was he actually referring to the Star Fox cameos in Starlink?

The one thing that makes me kinda sort of think he might of been referring to the latter in this instance is his strong connections to Ubisoft.

BlakeCarr

Feb 4, 2019
So a thought I've had about the supposed Mario Maker 2 coming to Switch - would they include a touchpad controller with this game?

One of the main things that made the game so accessible on the Wii U and 3DS was the touchscreen that each platform boasted. I know the Switch has a touchscreen in handheld mode, but a lot of people (myself included) pretty much play the Switch exclusively docked om my TV set. So would it be out of the realm of possibility that this game comes packaged with a Wii U-style touchpad? If this is the case, I'm hoping it doesn't force the game from $59.99 to something like $79.99-$99.99. Just thinking out loud here, they could always take a page from Apple's book and package them separately and sell the game for $59.99 and the touchpad for the same price. As if my wallet wasn't already in trouble with the 2019 lineup...

HorseFD

Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne
So a thought I've had about the supposed Mario Maker 2 coming to Switch - would they include a touchpad controller with this game?

One of the main things that made the game so accessible on the Wii U and 3DS was the touchscreen that each platform boasted. I know the Switch has a touchscreen in handheld mode, but a lot of people (myself included) pretty much play the Switch exclusively docked om my TV set. So would it be out of the realm of possibility that this game comes packaged with a Wii U-style touchpad? If this is the case, I'm hoping it doesn't force the game from $59.99 to something like $79.99-$99.99. Just thinking out loud here, they could always take a page from Apple's book and package them separately and sell the game for $59.99 and the touchpad for the same price. As if my wallet wasn't already in trouble with the 2019 lineup...
How about releasing a companion app on iOS and Android to use in docked mode? Or even a companion website to use on a PC.

Dremorak

Oct 25, 2017
New Zealand

Nah, They'll just use gyro with optional control stick option.
That plus touch screen in portable mode will be fine.

Trike

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Nov 6, 2017
Is there a chance that the 2D Zelda is what happened to that rumored Links Awakening game for the 3DS?

KratosEnergyDrink

Using an alt account to circumvent a ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
lot of people (myself included) pretty much play the Switch exclusively docked om my TV set.

It could use gyro controls for TV mode.

So would it be out of the realm of possibility that this game comes packaged with a Wii U-style touchpad?

This is a weird idea. There is no need at all.

If someone thinks the TV controls (whatever they will, but gyro seems reasonable) are not good could just take the Switch out of the Dock and use the touch screen.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They aren't going to do anything for Mario Maker. It will just be touchscreen in portable mode, and gyro pointer and/or sticks for docked

You'll live

HockeyBird

Oct 27, 2017
Is there a chance that the 2D Zelda is what happened to that rumored Links Awakening game for the 3DS?

I feel like there was never really a Links Awakening rumor. I think it was just speculation or wishful thinking that the Link Between World's engine would be used for a remake. That then got morphed into a rumor through the filter of the internet.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Are you sure? I'm really concerned for my safety regarding this concept, as you could tell by my clear panic and distress in my original comment.
It is weird how often "solutions" come up for this game. Every time it's brought up here, ideas of some kind of dual screen support via a dongle or phone app, or official stylus from Nintendo is discussed. I get that precision is what makes a lot of the states work, but that won't be lost in a move to the switch.

JoshuaJSlone

Dec 27, 2017
Indiana
How about releasing a companion app on iOS and Android to use in docked mode? Or even a companion website to use on a PC.
You're not the first I've seen suggest a thing, but I don't see it. Part of what was great about SMM's editor was how seamlessly you went from editing to testing. If this is lost on a mobile/PC version, it would be far far less useful. If it was there, it would essentially be Nintendo developing a proper way to play 2D Mario on mobile/PC, which doesn't seem likely either. I think it's much simpler to just let people undock if that's something they care enough about.

bmfrosty

Oct 27, 2017
SF Bay Area
You're not the first I've seen suggest a thing, but I don't see it. Part of what was great about SMM's editor was how seamlessly you went from editing to testing. If this is lost on a mobile/PC version, it would be far far less useful. If it was there, it would essentially be Nintendo developing a proper way to play 2D Mario on mobile/PC, which doesn't seem likely either. I think it's much simpler to just let people undock if that's something they care enough about.
One of my thoughts about mario maker is that they could do the dual screen thing if they packed in a HDMI dongle and did whatever mpeg the switch supports over IP. I guarantee that the tegra chip in the Switch can encode it's video out, but I don't know if it can support two displays. It would be a really neat solution to the problem, and a cheap hdmi dongle is actually cheap. Pack in a power cable and encourage the user to find a spare phone charger.

I would also take that as a dock replacement. A $25-30 kit with a miracast dongle, cord, and ac adapter.

Can the Switch hardware support both wifi and wifi-direct simulteneously?

Last edited:
Nov 28, 2018
Florida
He/She is PolarPanda. It was about AC coming in September, StarFox GP not being far off and Eldrick coming soon in Smash.
Regarding the info I was sharing on Discord:
A new brand ambassador I just recently met (not my main source that I reference on Smashboards all the time) told me that animal crossing September date is legitimate.
Xenother told me that Erdrick is going to be revealed "soon" for Smash. If you're unfamiliar of who Xenother is, he's a relatively new leaker on GameFAQs who shares info with Vergeben who knew almost the entire game's base roster, so he's definitely worth putting some stock into. So if this info is right, also give him credit for this.
And finally, about Star Fox Grand Prix. I'll hopefully be able to elaborate on this in the future. All I can say is that it sounds legit. I heard from one of the original people who leaked it (can't say who yet out of privacy) and they explained to me that it's actually not far off. Again, I haven't gotten permission to share that the info came from them yet, but I will when I get permission. Based on this I'm willing that the game is legitimately happening and perhaps sooner than many expected. To reiterate, this info doesn't come from my source. I'm placing trust in a relatively big leaker on this one.

OP
OP
Lelouch0612

Lelouch0612

Oct 25, 2017
A new brand ambassador I just recently met (not my main source that I reference on Smashboards all the time) told me that animal crossing September date is legitimate.
Xenother told me that Erdrick is going to be revealed "soon" for Smash. If you're unfamiliar of who Xenother is, he's a relatively new leaker on GameFAQs who shares info with Vergeben who knew almost the entire game's base roster, so he's definitely worth putting some stock into. So if this info is right, also give him credit for this.
And finally, about Star Fox Grand Prix. I'll hopefully be able to elaborate on this in the future. All I can say is that it sounds legit. I heard from one of the original people who leaked it (can't say who yet out of privacy) and they explained to me that it's actually not far off. Again, I haven't gotten permission to share that the info came from them yet, but I will when I get permission. Based on this I'm willing that the game is legitimately happening and perhaps sooner than many expected. To reiterate, this info doesn't come from my source. I'm placing trust in a relatively big leaker on this one.
Okay thanks !!!

Nolbertos

Dec 9, 2017
If Loto / Roto comes to Smash, than that'll be my main go to guy. Always wanted to use Loto's Sword on Mario and Co. plus Loto can use powerful magic, so hsing Zap in smash would be awesome. Plus hearing the DQ intro when Loto steps into the ring would be nostalgic :)

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
"New" Vergeben claims ahead of the Direct tomorrow:
  • Star Fox Grand Prix and Pikmin 3 port will be in the Direct
  • SFGP is scheduled for Spring, and a beta will happen soon after the announcement
Nvm you guys are on it

Oct 27, 2017
Star Fox GP has been such a consistent and persistent rumor it's hard to image at this stage there isn't truth behind it. From logos to concepts to release dates, multiple people have claimed awareness of the game.

Officially, though, the game has never been confirmed. Seems strange that between now and the end of Spring we should get an announcement, beta, trailers, hype and release. If this is the case I can only imagine it was supposed to be revealed sooner.

SuperL

Banned
Nov 27, 2017
After today, is it safe to assume that Star Fox GP doesn't exist anywhere except maybe in Vergeben's head?