• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Nate saying that tells you how big of a deal this game is. Sounds like multiple companies may be tied to it. It feels like Star Wars 1313

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
Wait, what if it's the cancelled bioshock vita game?

Bioshock collection comes to the switch, and then it gets announced.

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
Nate saying that tells you how big of a deal this game is. Sounds like multiple companies may be tied to it. It feels like Star Wars 1313
If Nate doubts that this will leak, I think the opposite is true. This revived project will be made by as few companies as a game could possibly be, and with companies that are virtually leakproof. (Like PlatinumGames. Hmm.)

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If Nate doubts that this will leak, I think the opposite is true. This revived project will be made by as few companies as a game could possibly be, and with companies that are virtually leakproof. (Like PlatinumGames. Hmm.)
If you're thinking Scalebound that requires MS too.

I think of how good MS and Nintendo are at keeping secrets. If N64 Mini is coming with Rare games and MS is bringing other services or games to Nintendo or BK to Smash, then I'd say they've done a pretty good job at keeping it secret. Unless you believe Indiegirl, then they haven't lol.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I just don't see the point in Nintendo going after Scalebound regardless of their relationship with them. They already got Platinum making a new IP and Bayonetta 3 for them. Plus would Scalebound even run on the Switch.

I think Nintendo is going for something that their lineup doesn't have.

Deleted member 51691

Banned
Jan 6, 2019
I just don't see the point in Nintendo going after Scalebound regardless of their relationship with them. They already got Platinum making a new IP and Bayonetta 3 for them. Plus would Scalebound even run on the Switch.

I think Nintendo is going for something that their lineup doesn't have.
True. Star Wars 1313 would be the dream and would cover the Switch's blindspot in singleplayer third-person shooters like Uncharted and Tomb Raider. I doubt Nintendo would want to work with the Star Wars license, though. From accounts of EA's experience working with Star Wars, Disney and Lucasfilms are a bitch to work with. I think Nintendo would prefer pursuing a license whose owner doesn't fuss over the texture of your character's fabric.

MP!

Oct 30, 2017
Las Vegas
So I just made a connection between rumors
We take this current rumor of Nintendo reviving a dead game
Then we take this rumor about Nintendo making a VR something this year
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...ts_first_vr_announcement_for_switch_this_year

And the info in this video at 3:47

That "VR Glasses" Thing was implemented into ROGUE SQUADRON TRILOGY for Wii

1. Nintendo to revive a dead game
2. Nintendo To release VR something this year
3. VR is implemented in cancelled rogue squadron game

Guys ... it's Rogue Squadron Trilogy VR

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I assumed Imran would say what the game was when he got more sources. He seemed to imply that on kinda funny games

Dekuman

Oct 27, 2017
Now that you mention this, I wonder if the cancelled Rogue Squadron Wii game is what is being brought back. Factor 5 has expressed interest in bringing it back and it would let EA release something without committing much resources, in-line with their commitment on Nintendo platforms.

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
I haven't seen anyone mention the extremely dead Prey 2 concept by Human Head. While Bethesda probably owns the work they did on the cancelled game, I guess they could use those ideas for an original game if they had someone like Nintendo funding it.
That's been mentioned.

funnily enough, I used to speculate that they repurposed that for a Metroid game, long before MP4 got announced. (since there was some rumbling about Human Head or an associated newly-founded sub-studio pitching something to Nintendo at some point)

NateDrake

Oct 24, 2017
I assumed Imran would say what the game was when he got more sources. He seemed to imply that on kinda funny games
Which can take weeks or months. It doesn't mean any news is imminent. I'm saying not to suddenly expect confirmation or additional details on the title today or even tomorrow. Of course it'll happen in time.

NateDrake does RGT85's statement about it not being a Nintendo game have any substance?

What's the context of that? As in a Nintendo developed game?

Deleted member 51691

Banned
Jan 6, 2019
Which can take weeks or months. It doesn't mean any news is imminent. I'm saying not to suddenly expect confirmation or additional details on the title today or even tomorrow. Of course it'll happen in time.

I think he means it wasn't originally developed by Nintendo.

mikehaggar

Developer at Pixel Arc Studios
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Harrisburg, Pa
PT was pretty publicly and officially cancelled. Was kind of a big deal. Just throwing another possible game that fits the "clues" out there...

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Australia
PT was pretty publicly and officially cancelled. Was kind of a big deal. Just throwing another possible game that fits the "clues" out there...
If Konami finished Silent Hills without Kojima, del Toro and Reedus, they won't hear the end of it from the internet (for good reason). I feel confident in saying that it isn't this one.

Oct 26, 2017
Metal Gear Rising 2
But.. That was never officially started so probably not.
Scalebound sounds closest if they are likely to be publishing it.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017

When it does happen, will we know it's this game when it gets revealed?

TreIII

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, MD
True. Star Wars 1313 would be the dream and would cover the Switch's blindspot in singleplayer third-person shooters like Uncharted and Tomb Raider. I doubt Nintendo would want to work with the Star Wars license, though. From accounts of EA's experience working with Star Wars, Disney and Lucasfilms are a bitch to work with. I think Nintendo would prefer pursuing a license whose owner doesn't fuss over the texture of your character's fabric.

But on the other hand, we got Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 as proof that Nintendo CAN and will entertain certain games and license holders, when it suits them, too. You're probably right that EA and Star Wars isn't likely as high up on Ninty's personal list for reasons you've already stated, but at the same time...I wouldn't put it past anybody to surprise us, at this point.

Then again, I'm one who has definitely threw out his own selfish, left-field fantasy earlier today, so...

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

I'm not saying it's imminent. Idc when the news comes. I'm just saying what he implied was he would reveal the game whenever he got more sources.

Deleted member 8593

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The fact that multiple people already seem to know makes me wonder who the sources were and if the "leak" was at Nintendo again.