• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

MrLuchador

Oct 25, 2017
The Internet
Posted on behalf of Atheerios

Regardless of the installation method, any microSD card used for game storage must have a read speed of at least 60 MB/sec.

For details see the Nintendo microSD Card FAQ: http://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/22481/

Physical / Cartridge Installation

If using the physical cartridge version of L.A. Noire, the game will require a 14 GB digital download containing required gameplay data as well as general bug fixes and improvements. This file can be downloaded to either the Nintendo Switch console's internal storage or a microSD card (sold separately).

Digital / eShop Installation

The Nintendo eShop digital version of L.A. Noire, including all bug fixes and improvements, requires 29 GB of available storage. Because this exceeds the available internal storage on the console, the eShop version of the game must be installed to a microSD card (sold separately) that is inserted prior beginning the download.

https://support.rockstargames.com/hc/en-us/articles/115013752007-L-A-Noire-on-Nintendo-Switch-Storage-Requirements

This is ridiculous. Not a lot to say about this really.

shepcommandr

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
This is to be expected.
Pubs are trying to minimize spend on the Switch carts by using the smallest possible size, and then backloading the content via a Day 1 patch. Doom is doing something similar with the Multiplayer components.

Oct 25, 2017
This is to be expected.
Pubs are trying to minimize spend on the Switch carts by using the smallest possible size, and then backloading the content via a Day 1 patch. Doom is doing something similar with the Multiplayer components.
Doing this with multiplayer components makes sense. Doing it with "You have to do this to even play the game" is annoying.

Akoi

Oct 25, 2017
WA
I wonder if 200gb/256gb will be enough for me... I am using a 64gb temporarily until black Friday.

UnNamed

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yet another anti-consumer practice.
And maybe these are the same who complain about piracy.

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'll be lucky if my 128 GB card doesn't fill up by the end of next year at this rate - though at least first party titles seem to be taking less space.

Cap G

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm sure consumers will just avoid these games due to storage concerns and pubs will see that offloading their expenses to the customer isn't profitable because people will get fed up with buying storage. ....Right?

shepcommandr

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Doing this with multiplayer components makes sense. Doing it with "You have to do this to even play the game" is annoying.

Sure. I get it.
I'm "excited" to see how much space something like the Wolf II port will take, even if you buy physical. The "downside" of getting Western AAA on Switch, is that it's going to take up a ton of space, and even if it doesn't day 1, any patch is going to chew through your memory card.

Sire Yoshi

Oct 25, 2017
RestEra Sales threads
I have a feeling that my 128GB card will be retired much sooner than I initially thought/hoped...

I wonder if 200gb/256gb will be enough for me... I am using a 64gb temporarily until black Friday.

I'll be lucky if my 128 GB card doesn't fill up by the end of next year at this rate - though at least first party titles seem to be taking less space.

I wonder why some people treat their SD cards like an HDD... You can have several SD cards tied to the same system and it's pretty easy too, you just swap and play without redownloading

Gunny T Highway

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
I am trying to keep my digital download purchases to a minimum for the Switch. If a game comes in Cartridge form I will choose that. The only exception to this was Fire Emblem Warriors since I know I am never going to get rid of it and I will keep coming back to it for quite some time.