• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

GeekyDad

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
USA
Man, I thought MS was kinda missing the boat and lttp spending as much as they did on Minecraft. I didn't think it had that much steam in it, really. But damn, did they bet on the right horse. It's pretty much always in the top on mobile charts as well.

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
Blaster Master Zero hit 110,000 downloads WW in October, so everything above it has done more than that (including BMZ itself by now).

Holy carp @ Stardew Valley. I don't get it at all. But I'm very clearly in the minority.

TheBaldEmperor

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The better Revelations game in the top 30, and at a respectable spot, too! Raid is perfect on Switch. Here's hoping Capcom gives us some Mercs now, be it with RE4-6 or a new standalone Mercs game that builds upon the wonderful Mercs 3D.

Shame that MHXX didn't make the cut.

Yeah the first thing I did is look for where Revelations 2 was. Glad to see it on there. I've still been meaning to pick both of those games up. MHXX won't be on this list because these are download only games not available at retail.

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
The better Revelations game in the top 30, and at a respectable spot, too! Raid is perfect on Switch. Here's hoping Capcom gives us some Mercs now, be it with RE4-6 or a new standalone Mercs game that builds upon the wonderful Mercs 3D.

Shame that MHXX didn't make the cut.
Revelations 1 and MHXX aren't there because they had physical versions.

dragonlife

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah the first thing I did is look for where Revelations 2 was. Glad to see it on there. I've still been meaning to pick both of those games up. MHXX won't be on this list because these are download only games not available at retail.
Revelations 1 and MHXX aren't there because they had physical versions.
Ah, that makes sense. I assumed the second category was just games that had a digital version alongside a physical one, since the first list was digital-only.

ghoulie

Oct 28, 2017
Senran Kagura is a great series teaching us valuable lessons, I won't have people making fun of it.

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
Pleasantly surprised at how high FAST RMX ranked on the WW list.
Games like Fast RMX, Blasted Master Zero, Shovel Knight and Snipperclips all certainly befitted from being available at launch window when there was barely any games on Switch at all. Shovel Knight and Snipperclips have shown great legs though

Happy to see Sonic Mania on there. I knew it crushed it on Switch. Sonic tends to do excellent on Nintendo platforms (when the game is hood at least)

Mr_F_Snowman

Oct 27, 2017
Yeh are we sure this chart is actually accurate? Steamworld numbers look way off, Fast RMX seems way higher than it should be given the regional charts and rankings we are getting. Seems inaccurate even if this is straight from Nintendo

silver moose

Oct 27, 2017
Stardew taking the top spot!

I downloaded it on word of mouth here on ERA and I was not disappointed. I would recommend it especially if you're a fan of harvest moon.
I'm glad to see it getting the attention it deserves.

RM8

Oct 28, 2017
JP
That's pretty impressive for... KOF98, lol. It'd be awesome if Switch could get XIII.

Mark H

Oct 27, 2017
Goddamn at Senran Kagura pure waifu game being number 3 in Jp chart lol.
Life and hometown sells.

SolidChamp

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Happy to see Steamworld Dig 2 crack the top ten. Wish it were higher but it's still a great standing to have. My favorite game from 2017.

jariw

Oct 27, 2017
That Stardew Valley topped the worldwide chart without any contributing sales from Japan shows how crazily that game has been selling.

I have played quite a lot of Stardew Valley now (although there are others in the family that have played much more), and the most mind-boggling thing about the game is that it's all done by one person! I mean, the music alone is really really good, and to get the balance between the different systems in the game right on the first try... Amazing!

tolkir

Oct 25, 2017
Top 30 digital bestsellers in Europe of 2017 (It includes games with physical version)

Europe

01) Minecraft
02) Stardew Valley
03) Rocket League
04) Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
05) Sonic Mania
06) Super Mario Odyssey
07) Snipperclips
08) FAST RMX
09) Shovel Knight Treasure Trove
10) Overcooked Special Edition
11) Splatoon 2