• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
As the RE community from the Old Country will recall, I'm a HUGE fan of both of these games. (An RER1 character is in my avatar!)

And by the end of the month I'll be able to replay them for the 100th time on my favorite system. Good times!

What are those arcade games they tease at the end? I don't recall those from the PS4 versions...

As for the Switch collection...

- RER1 is $20 USD; RER2 is $20 USD
- Both games are based on the PS4 versions
- RER1 is 1080p/60fps docked, 720p/60fps undocked
- RER2 is 1080p/30fps docked, 720p/30fps undocked
- Both games support gyro aiming (optional)
- Both games support gesture reloading, knifing, etc (optional)
- Both games support amiibo unlocks
- RER1 Raid supports co-op
- RER2 Campaign and Raid supports co-op

Also, this may sound like a spoiler for RER2, but it's really not — it's something that will save you a lot of grief by putting you on the good path for the good ending in RER2, which is truly amazing. Just remember: When Claire is pinned down, switch to Moira and crawl forward. You'll know it when you get there.

I like the cliffhanger-driven episodic format for both games, but the story in RER2 is especially good — hands-down the best story in the RE series, which might not be saying much, but it's legitimately good. <3 Barry and Moira

Anyways, get hype!

B00T

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Picking this up, never played Revelations 2 but I loved the first game. Raid mode was a treat.

OP
OP
Neiteio

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
Picking this up, never played Revelations 2 but I loved the first game. Raid mode was a treat.
RER2 is so good! It has the most kick-ass (and quotable!) ending in the series, assuming you get the good ending, which has an extra boss battle in an extra area. Also features a very satisfying emotional buildup and payoff.

MLH

Oct 26, 2017
What's the mini-games shown at the end? I see an awesome looking Ghosts & Goblins inspired Barry mini-game.

Galdius

Oct 25, 2017
I have the first one on 3DS and Xbox 360, the second one on PS4 and Vita and I have only played a few hours of 1 on the 3DS with the circle pad.
I'm planning on getting this collection and finally playing and finishing both games.

Oct 27, 2017
I played a demo of one of these and liked it but never got around to the full game, this is gonna be sweet playing through on my switch.

chrisypoo

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah I'm buying this, and it'll probably be my favorite version of the games for the same reason RE4 for the wii is my favorite version of that; can't beat those motion aiming controls man. Speaking of which....RE4 for the Switch? Please? Pretty please?

bobbychalkers

Oct 26, 2017
Sounds like an amazing port job. I never owned a portable version of RER2 so I'll double dip. Between Raid mode and History mode in FEW, I'll never have to socialize again!

Medalion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I think I may just end up getting the R2... I have played the first one on 3DS and Wii-U am bored

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
What do amiibos do?

Edit-aww, wish there were some amiibo costumes. Dressing up Chris as Mario would be great.

tsab

Nov 3, 2017
I kinda want to buy this physical but it only contains RER1 on cart and RER2 as a digital download, correct?

MrCarter

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Capcom port quality is on point. Definitely trying these out soon. What were those mini-games at the end?

Jiggy

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
wherever
I'll rebuy Revelations 2.

Playing it again with Gyro controls should be neat.

I'll prolly skip on 1 though.

Finnroth

Oct 27, 2017
Is this one of the games/ports where there is only half the files on cartridge and the other half has to be downloaded?

HOUSEJoseph

Oct 27, 2017
It is absolutely amazing to me that a game originally a portable 3DS game, up-ported to consoles, is now both on Switch.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
The "gyro aiming" in the video looked quite worrying to me compared to the gyro aiming in BotW... like, I really hope I don't have to angle the joycon a certain way. Especially since I'll be playing handheld pretty much the whole time!

Also, both of these games have raid mode right? Which one has a better raid mode, specifically for co-op? And this will have online co-op right?

Anteo

Oct 25, 2017
Man i would buy this if rev2 wasnt a download code. I wouldnt mind having to download like half the game really

Boiled Goose

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Would insta buy... But RER2 is digital only. So yeah. Pass.

Shame :/

I wouldn't mind a big download needed, but digital code means it's not physical at all. No can't do on Nintendo's account system.

Spiritreaver

Oct 26, 2017
Looks good, I'm in. I bought RER1 for 3DS, but never finished it. Never played 2. I'll get both I think.

Deleted member 3017

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm glad these are coming to Switch, but boy is it going to be annoying if REmake and RE4 never make it over to the platform. I'd much rather have those. Hopefully plans are already underway to port them to the system.

JJShadow

Oct 25, 2017
UK/Spain
I'll be double dipping on both of them, RER 2 is one of my favourite RE games ever. I've never experienced the raid mode before so I'm really looking forward to it. Is it only local co-op or online?

OP
OP
Neiteio

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
Can you jump right into 2?
Yes, you can jump right into RER2. Both are standalone stories.

RER1 is set between RE4 and RE5, and its ending leads straight into Lost in Nightmare (the RE5 prequel DLC).

RER2 is set between RE5 and RE6.

But each game can be understood well enough on its own, and the two RER titles don't have any connections plot-wise.

Rmagnus

Oct 28, 2017
Any special bundle price if I buy both? Played one on 3ds and if memory serves me it was a very decent game.

OP
OP
Neiteio

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
If you peeps like them third-party games, I'd advise a microSD card!

I bought a 200GB card the other month knowing DOOM and RER1/2 were right around the corner.

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
I have both of these on Steam and have yet to try/play them. After this thread, I need to at least check the first one out. :)

Zalman

Oct 25, 2017
I'm glad these are coming to Switch, but boy is it going to be annoying if REmake and RE4 never make it over to the platform. I'd much rather have those. Hopefully plans are already underway to port them to the system.
This is how I feel too. I'm glad they at least seem like good ports. I'm digging all the control options.

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Getting 2. Excited since I've never played it. $20 is the right price for these third party ports.

OP
OP
Neiteio

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
Resident Evil is my favorite series overall. I love RE1/REmake, RE2, RE3, RE4, RE5, RE6, RE7, RER1, RER2, UC, DC, Mercs 3D.

Don't really care for what I played of Code Veronica, and lukewarm on RE0. But other than that, I want everything.

And I think we'll get everything. The Origins Collection (REmake HD and RE0 HD) seems like it would be simple enough to port over. RE4, RE5 and RE6 should translate well. RE7... might take some work, but honestly I think the art direction would translate well even if the performance is scaled back.

If RER1 and RER2 sell well, I imagine the rest of the series will follow. It's easy money for Capcom.