• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
OP
OP
Neiteio

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think it's IR aiming, since the IR port is on the bottom of the joy-con.

Rather, it appears to be gyro aiming, which may or may not work as well.

I honestly wouldn't expect it to be quite the same, but I'm in for traditional controls anyways,.

Deleted member 3017

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Resident Evil is my favorite series overall. I love RE1/REmake, RE2, RE3, RE4, RE5, RE6, RE7, RER1, RER2, UC, DC, Mercs 3D.

Don't really care for what I played of Code Veronica, and lukewarm on RE0. But other than that, I want everything.

And I think we'll get everything. The Origins Collection (REmake HD and RE0 HD) seems like it would be simple enough to port over. RE4, RE5 and RE6 should translate well. RE7... might take some work, but honestly I think the art direction would translate well even if the performance is scaled back.

I hope you're right!

REmake is a masterpiece. There's an argument to be made that RE4 is the single greatest video game ever created. RE7 is an incredible combination of old and new. And heck, RE6 has some of the best action combat in any third person game...ever! And I'm not even a big fan of that game!

I'll take 'em all. Even a downport of the upcoming REmake 2.

Goodbye

Oct 27, 2017
How is the difficulty on these games? Is there an easy mode? I'm in for a 'new' Resi game (haven't played one since 4 and 5) but I hate running out of ammo and health.

OP
OP
Neiteio

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
How is the difficulty on these games? Is there an easy mode? I'm in for a 'new' Resi game (haven't played one since 4 and 5) but I hate running out of ammo and health.
I'm pretty sure there are difficulty levels. My younger brother only plays games on their easiest settings and he beat RER1 and loved it, so there must've been.

tsab

Nov 3, 2017
Yikes almost 36GB needed! Time to buy an SD card I guess...

RER1 Size: 12GB
RER2 Size: 23,6GB

IronicSonic

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'mprobably gonna buy RER2 and a Micro SD. I need space to host this and Rocket League :P

LiquidDom

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I never beat 1 but I beat 2 and loved it. Will pick this up to play in the bed for some fun.

Hero of Winds

Oct 28, 2017
I'd rather see some ports of REmake, RE4, and RE5 personally. I dunno, I just find the Revelations series less replayable than the those games for some reason, even when factoring in raid mode. I played through Rev1 twice (first on 3DS and then on PC) and Rev2 only once, and I don't really have any desire to play them again any time soon.

YolkFolk

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The North, England
Read some impressions from a RE blogger on Twitter a few weeks back saying the motion aiming wasn't like in RE4 Wii Edition, and it was instead a case of flick upwards to aim at the head, flick down to aim at the feet etc.

Hope that wasn't accurate.

GDGF

Oct 26, 2017
If I could only buy one of these and want a good co-op experience which one should I choose?

OP
OP
Neiteio

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
If I could only buy one of these and want a good co-op experience which one should I choose?
RER1 only has co-op in Raid.

RER2 has co-op in campaign (offline splitscreen) and Raid (offline splitscreen, and online fullscreen).

Note that in the RER2 campaign, only one player can use guns. The other character has special powers and limited melee.

Overall, I'd say RER2.

GDGF

Oct 26, 2017
RER1 only has co-op in Raid.

RER2 has co-op in campaign (offline splitscreen) and Raid (offline splitscreen, and online fullscreen).

Note that in the RER2 campaign, only one player can use guns. The other character has special powers and limited melee.

Overall, I'd say RER2.

Thank you kindly! RER2 it is.

jmizzal

Oct 27, 2017
Do we know if the 8 bit retro mini games are there from the start or do we have to unlock them?

jmizzal

Oct 27, 2017
I'm glad these are coming to Switch, but boy is it going to be annoying if REmake and RE4 never make it over to the platform. I'd much rather have those. Hopefully plans are already underway to port them to the system.

I'm pretty sure they will release RE4,RE5, and RE6 on Switch like they did for xboxone/PS4, I can even see RE 7 coming and def REmake 2

hoodoowolf

Nov 1, 2017
Loved the first on 3ds. Have the 2nd on PS4...I've thinking I should sell it before this comes out. :D

For whatever reason, I enjoy the games much more on Switch/Nintendo systems.

Oct 25, 2017
The portion where they were showing off the gyro aiming looked really stiff. Seemed like they recorded footage of someone aiming with the analog stick and just put a stiff jpg of a hand holding a joy con...that would be the best case scenario here

Sqrt

Oct 26, 2017
Tempted for a second playthrough of REv2. Want to get that true ending. Waiting for gyro controls imoressions.

As for REv1, I already have the best habdheld version IMHO.

NfyNite

Oct 30, 2017
I wonder if you need to have the cart inside to play RER2. If not, I might buy it, use the code, and then trade in the RER1 to get some money back.

Ultima_5

Oct 25, 2017
I love all these switch ports. I'll def be grabbing these. Both seem like excellent games to play in bed in a dark room.

Neptonic

Oct 25, 2017
Tucson, AZ
That like 3 seconds of Co-Op footage is weird becuase the character model rotates independently of the camera, and I don't understand how that is possible with only one control stick
It should just be like Resident Evil 4 right with a split joycon right?

AkimbOb-omb

Oct 30, 2017
I just realized that REv2 campaign is local splitscreen only for the campaign, just like it did when it first released.
Now that I think of it, not at least adding local coop for two consoles (one docked, one handheld or both handheld) seems like a missed oportunity.

Wiggles

Oct 28, 2017
Looking forward to Revelations. I enjoyed the game a lot on 3DS, it was a nice middle ground between action and classic Resi.

Those IR controls look hot garbage though, definitely avoiding those. Plus i'm reminded of how weak the enemy designs were in Revelations..

Revelations 2 continues to not appeal to me in the slightest. I really dislike the grimdark direction they seem to have gone in. Everything looks too brown and purple and covered in chains.

Medalion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
C'mon guys... let's pass that test again for Capcom
Grab a copy of RE so we can get the next years old port

Oct 27, 2017
RER1 is way better than RER2. RER2 has a much smaller budget and the game is more or less a corridor shooter. If you have a sibling, friend, or anyone else to do co-op with RAID mode is AMAZING. It's easily the best multiplayer way to experience Resident Evil in 2017.

Braaier

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I have the first one on pc. Never finished it. Seems like a decent re game though. Interested in sequel but not with ur being digital only

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
IR Aiming <3 Will have to buy this. Man the Switch is becoming seriously expensive..

Looking forward to Revelations. I enjoyed the game a lot on 3DS, it was a nice middle ground between action and classic Resi.

Those IR controls look hot garbage though, definitely avoiding those. Plus i'm reminded of how weak the enemy designs were in Revelations..

Revelations 2 continues to not appeal to me in the slightest. I really dislike the grimdark direction they seem to have gone in. Everything looks too brown and purple and covered in chains.

There is no IR aiming. The video makes it look like that but they are still using gyro aiming just like BotW did. I want to hear some impressions on how well it works but don't expect straight pointer controls.

Renna Hazel

Oct 27, 2017
I'll get Revelations 1 for sure, hope the game is good. Revelations 2 I'll probably get if they allow the main game to be played in online co-op, otherwise I'll pass.