• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Picked this up for 10 bucks on a whim. I know it got crappy reviews, but I'm enjoying the hell out of it. Load times are long, but coming off Pillars of Eternity, they're perfectly fine. Especially because the areas are large enough that once I'm in an area, I'm in for a decent amount of time. My only gripe is the small font.

Thoughts on this game?

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
Played a bit of it and liked what I saw. Sure, it feels low budget, but at least I got a new D&D RPG. Sadly those are rare these days :(

devSin

Oct 27, 2017
It's a fun little Forgotten Realms campaign. I was surprised at how decent it was, though the gameplay is a little simple at times.

They just overpriced it, undersold the single-player campaign, and oversold the multiplayer content (and then went out of business).

Played a bit of it and liked what I saw. Sure, it feels low budget, but at least I got a new D&D RPG.
Not super low-budget, though (I mean, they've got named voice actors and a score by Inon Zur).

OP
OP

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I dig the simple gameplay, to be honest. I take care of myself, and the Party Members' A.I. is pretty sufficient to take care of themselves and also to heal me, when needed.

devSin

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, I though it was fun.

But being based on D&D rules comes with a set of expectations, and I don't think they were very successful in laying out just how simplified the game would be. And then they spent almost the entirety of their pre-release window talking about the DM and multiplayer stuff, and it turned out to just be the most basic set of tools that didn't really seem to satisfy the people who were looking forward to that stuff.

Meanwhile, the single-player campaign turned out to be quite good, but nobody really knew about it because they always talked about it like it was an afterthought.

BradGrenz

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Played on PC. The campaign is really cool and well written. I think the character creator is really good, too. Sadly it misses a few of the iconic classes, though. Combat is a cakewalk on normal difficulty so I think it's a much better game if you bump that up, otherwise you tend to steamroll enemies like you're playing Diablo. Maybe you're into that, but I think having the battles take long enough to make some interesting tactical choices is where it's at.

Xaero Gravity

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I really enjoyed what I played of it on XB1, but yeah those load times were brutal. I should check to see how those load times are on the XB1X.

OP
OP

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well, here's a pleasant surprise: No respawning!

I kill a bunch of dudes in a sewer or cave while exploring, and when a quest needed me to return to that location, nobody is magically alive again. Awesome!