• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

luca

Oct 25, 2017

This is the Superman prequel series.

The series will follow Seg-El (Cameron Cuffe), the grandfather of Superman, as he attempts to clear his family's name and survive on the titular planet.

Last edited:

SunDimension24

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I think this is what you wanted.

Though thanks for reminding me the Happy premiered. Might watch it after work.

Oct 25, 2017
Boy I dunno about SyFy's take on Jor-El here. That unicorn horn is a bit much, though I can see why the Kryptonians didn't take his warnings seriously.

JJH

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

This is the Superman prequel series.

LXeR8et.gif

OP
OP
luca

luca

Oct 25, 2017
Um...? I think you posted the wrong link.
Lol, the video must have changed right when I went to copy the link in the url, sorry about that.

Also, I don't even know what Happy is, so dunno why it jumped to that video out of any video.

Now it looks like I am watching full episodes illegally on youtube lmao.

JdFox17

Oct 26, 2017
Really looking forward to this, even if it's Goyer running everything. Is this still canon with Man of Steel, or did that change?

Jackpot

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Won't they be completely unpowered because of the red sun? Is it just a generic sci-fi drama?

Manipular

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Detroit, MI
Lol, the video must have changed right when I went to copy the link in the url, sorry about that.

Also, I don't even know what Happy is, so dunno why it jumped to that video out of any video.

It's all good lol.

Anyway, it actually looks pretty cool and the lead actor is pretty hot, but I'm still only cautiously optimistic with Goyer leading this thing. I'll at least watch the pilot, if nothing else.

OP
OP
luca

luca

Oct 25, 2017
I'm gonna check out an episode and two and see how it goes. I no longer have time for every single comic book tv show unfortunately. The last trailer did look rather good production wise though.

Stalker

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Really looking forward to this, even if it's Goyer running everything. Is this still canon with Man of Steel, or did that change?
At this rate MoS won't even be canon to it's self.

I really don't know why this show is being made. Is it basically the DCEU attempt at Netflix Marvel stuff or what?

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
I heard they had reworked this whole thing from the ground up and going to include shit like Adam Strange, Thanagar, and the Omega Men.

Rvaan

Oct 25, 2017
At this rate MoS won't even be canon to it's self.

I really don't know why this show is being made. Is it basically the DCEU attempt at Netflix Marvel stuff or what?
Except DC is starting their own streaming services where they are doing live action shows. I don't know why this is still being made.
I heard they had reworked this whole thing from the ground up and going to include shit like Adam Strange, Thanagar, and the Omega Men.
The last rumors I heard involved Adam Strange and Hawk-Girl. This is the first I'm hearing of the Omega Men.

Medalion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Speak for yourself... the more I heard about this show at this past Comic Con with interviews with the show's creators and the actor, the more fascinating I hear it is.

I want this, cuz I love Superman mythos shit.

Wag

Nov 3, 2017
Like Caprica this will be cancelled before the first season ends.

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
They still making this trash? Krypton blew up, end of story. You've got a perfectly good Superman over on Supergirl that could just as easily have his own show but nope.

Stop all this prequel shit and just do two versions of characters: one for films, one for TV. It's absurd that Batman and Superman can't be on the small screen.

Boxy Brown

Oct 27, 2017
They still making this trash? Krypton blew up, end of story. You've got a perfectly good Superman over on Supergirl that could just as easily have his own show but nope.

Stop all this prequel shit and just do two versions of characters: one for films, one for TV. It's absurd that Batman and Superman can't be on the small screen.
Why is it trash?

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017

It's so removed from Superman's existing mythology that it's basically just a New IP that they were too afraid to make a proper new IP. I'm cool with sneaking in characters like Adam Strange and Thanagar, but unless it's doing that every other episode it's going to get boring quickly.

Boxy Brown

Oct 27, 2017
It's so removed from Superman's existing mythology that it's basically just a New IP that they were too afraid to make a proper new IP. I'm cool with sneaking in characters like Adam Strange and Thanagar, but unless it's doing that every other episode it's going to get boring quickly.
Why would it get boring?

Bufbaf

Don't F5!
Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg, Germany
Three seasons of earthquake foreshadowing.
I honestly don't get it. Gotham at least has a gallery of villains to work with. It's still not good though :x

Boxy Brown

Oct 27, 2017
Why do I care about Superman's grandpappy? His biggest contribution is that he had Zor-El, who's biggest contribution is getting Superman off Krypton before he died. What's even the story? Where's the relevance? This really should've been a completely new story.
I mean ... the synopsis is out there. Along with numerous interviews with cast and crew. It's seems all your reactions is based off of you not wanting it and not seeing that other people could very much want a new DCU sci-fi show

Netherscourge

Oct 25, 2017
Superman's Grand Daddy.

Cal-El = Supes
Jor-El = Supes Daddy
Seg-El = Supes GrandDaddy
El Oh El = what I think this show's ratings will wind up being.

They should have just done a series with Jor-El vs. Zod/Nom/Ursela on Krypton.

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
I mean ... the synopsis is out there. Along with numerous interviews with cast and crew. It's seems all your reactions is based off of you not wanting it and not seeing that other people could very much want a new DCU sci-fi show

I mean. I can't stop it from existing. I think it's a stupid idea. I think Gotham's also a stupid idea (less stupid though since it's closer to the mythos) but that's on its 4th season. If Krypton lasts four seasons then you're right.

Dali

Oct 27, 2017
SOMEBODY SAAAAAAAAAAVE MEEEEEEEEEEE

Smallville was closer. This is more akin to a show about Bruce Wayne's grandfather.

That'd be Smallville.

I think his comparison was apt. Gotham was a Batman show without Batman.I haven't seen any of it past maybe the first season or two but the little kid called Bruce was not really the star of the show from what i watched and on top of that didn't even slightly scratch the Batman itch. Clark in Smallvillle was the star and also basically superman in all but costume. He was getting a hold of his powers but it was a show starring and about a young superman.

Krypton seems to be a Superman show without superman similar to Gotham and Batman.

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017

Yeah no Supergirl's Superman is awful. The suit and what they did with the character.

adj_noun

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Now I want to develop that show about Bruce Wayne's grandfather.

The whole series is, like, civic planning and altruism.

Maybe he sees Krypton in a science telescope or something. Boom, there's your crossover.