• Welcome to ResetEra 2.0! Guests should now be able to save their dark or light theme preferences, found on the left sidebar.

Synthwave-Retrowave # 80s Neon music thread

Jun 7, 2018
I keep trying to describe this and failing, so I'm just gonna give up and post it.
It's from 2013 but it just popped in my head, so I gave it a quick listen and figured some of you might dig it...

Oct 25, 2017
Not really synthwave, more synthpop, but I've really been into A R I Z O N A recently.

The Midnight remixed one of their tracks

Feed The Beast
Yeah, listening to the "Gallery" album now, this is great stuff. Thanks for the highlight, guess I missed the Midnight remix as well.

New album from WOLFCLUB out today as well, should be pretty great.

Oct 27, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
This must've been a great show.
It really was; I can hardly bring myself to go see an after-midnight set these days (I wound up selling my ticket to the Yung Bae show a few weeks back) but I *had* to see Nina. And Parallels kicked ass too, I'm seriously considering picking up her vinyl release. Wasn't there early enough to catch local acts Let 'Em Riot and Glitbiter, sadly.

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for reminding me to listen to Drop Top again. Love that track from Sellorekt/LA Dreams.

Makes me sad that this thread is always a little slow.

New album from Crockett was a bit dissapointing to me. Just sounds like standard soundtrack stuff, and didn't stick out to me. The release schedule for Scandroid just kinda annoys me. Drip out singles over months and months, and then an album comes out with just everything collected and some remixes. Meh. Save it all for release.

How is everyone's best of the year shaping up?

Oct 30, 2017
I could be boring and say Gunship or The Midnight for best album, and they are among the best ones, but I'm gonna give my nod to Juno Dreams' Paradise.

There have been a ton of great releases this year but most albums only have a couple of great tracks, some insanely good, tops, but Paradise for me is perfection though and through.

Best track though... I havn't listened to a track as much as Art3mis & Parzival. So that is gonna be my choice.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
My guess is for maximising profits on streaming services. Especially since it is released on his label.
Ah yes, that is quite likely the logic.

Good list Channel5News . Good mention of Juno Dreams as well antipod

I still think my favourite EP of the year is Moonrunner83 - Streets, with The Bad Dreamers album being basically 1b. I'll have to review what the heck came out this year since there's been so much stuff.

Last edited:
Oct 30, 2017
The Bad Dreamers album as a while didn't do it for me but I must say Hit Me Harder is one of my favorite songs this year.

As I said, lots and lots of releases with at least one or a couple of really good songs.

I probably havn't listened to some releases enough. Many albums really need to grow on you. I tend to listen on the ones I really like on repeat, ignoring the rest after the first listen.