• Introducing Image Options for ResetEra 2.0! Check the left side navigation bar to show or hide images, avatars, covers, and embedded media. More details at the link.

Synthwave-Retrowave # 80s Neon music thread

Oct 27, 2017
I found something amazing, forgotten.

80s guitar, slammin sax solo, disco strings, groovin slap bass, this song has everything i want

"From a cassette sent to radio stations, this is the pop instrumental version of the HBO Main Theme from 1983. Composed and performed by Ferdinand Jay Smith."

Oct 25, 2017
Indianapolis
This song absolutely rules. I ordered the vinyl that comes out tomorrow. It's the newest release from numero that features songs like this and the vinyl looks like an old nintendo cartridge with the sleeve

Feb 19, 2019
Wow I love this thread! Maybe they've been posted already, but here are some of my favorite songs:

Futurecop - 1988 girls

Lifelike - Getting high (Pyramid mix)

FM84 - Delorean

Jan 20, 2018
Speaking of songs that aren't synthwave but secretly are, some Carly Rae Jepsen (yes, really) songs are definitely up there. If you listen to the instrumentals in this one for example, it's pure synthwave disguised as pop:

Oct 25, 2017
There are a few Pop acts that are really heavy on synths that have been mentioned before. Fickle Friends, Anna of the North, Now Now, ARIZONA, HUMAN, are just a few.