• The GiftBot 2.0 Launch Giveaway Extravaganza has come to a close with an astounding 8073 games given away to the community by 696 members, a huge success thanks to you! The gifting now continues with more official prizes in the new Gaming Giveaways |OT|. Leftover Steam codes are also being given away to the PC Gaming Era community.

Synthwave-Retrowave # 80s Neon music thread

Grahf

Oct 27, 2017
I've recently discovered Windows 96 after a very long dry spell and it's very refreshing. I love it.

Shane

Oct 25, 2017
Perhaps I need to give that VHSTokyo album another listen, had a brief listen when it came out and it didn't grab me.

I know what I'm excited for this Friday... just learned a new album from The Motion Epic is coming out, "West Coast Dreams".

I basically have Star Cassette's 'Malibu' on repeat. What a great track.

Last edited:

antipod

Oct 30, 2017
West Coast Dreams is a good album, but there is something that just doesn't click with me to make it great.

Think I have to give my nod of favourite release today to...

At least from what was on my release radar. There's usually some releases mentioned here that will be new to me, so keep them coming. :)

Sevacro

Oct 4, 2019
Can you recommend me some more "happy"/upbeat stuff like Miami Nights 1984? Preferably with a hint of old 8bit music?

Shane

Oct 25, 2017
New album from Phaserland... I haven't listened yet. edit: It's really damn good.

Can you recommend me some more "happy"/upbeat stuff like Miami Nights 1984? Preferably with a hint of old 8bit music?
Is your 8bit request more akin to a chiptune sound or composition? Maybe Arcade High? Willrock?

Last edited:

Shane

Oct 25, 2017
Chiptune or composition? A bit of both.
Don't like the rock sound of willrock but arcade high is definitely my cup of tea, thanks!

No problem, if you want to explore more, I'll suggest just heading to bandcamp and apply some tags and discover to your hearts content. I think one recent one I liked was Matt Creamer's release - Shakedown Hawaii. (use to talk to him a bunch years and years ago when he released stuff under Norrin_Radd.)

antipod

Oct 30, 2017
Just scanned though the tracks really quick as I don't have time to listen now. Really sounds like my cup of tea, will defo listen to it fully later on. Thanks for mentioning it Shane .

antipod

Oct 30, 2017
Shane Have you watched the announcement video for Surge's upcoming album? If the average quality is close to that preview the album will be damn good.

Quality over quantity I know. Can't complain about both though.

Shane

Oct 25, 2017
I quickly listened to this one a couple days ago, and a listen again and it's certainly worth sharing. Top notch production.

Pretty pop sounding, and I'll have to digest some more to see how consistent it is from start to finish, but figure there's plenty here for others to love with The Midnight love here. Some amazing tracks on there like 'Behold the Hunted' and 'Artifical'.

Shane Have you watched the announcement video for Surge's upcoming album? If the average quality is close to that preview the album will be damn good.

Quality over quantity I know. Can't complain about both though.
Just listened to the clip. Sounds good to me. It's the album I was expecting would be the halloween release, but december works too. As long as he's still putting out Quality, keep em coming.

Sevacro - You might check out Caspro as well, bit of a chiptune flavour in some tracks there. heck, check out that Hideotronic album.

Last edited:

Moldiver

Nov 1, 2017
Scotland
Starfarer has a new album out, I worked on the track Discovery with him, he’s been touring a bunch as well recently. Always good to see synthwave acts hit the road.

antipod

Oct 30, 2017
Starfarer has a new album out, I worked on the track Discovery with him...
Discovery is imho the best track on the album, it's great.

---

Nina's new single/EP is out on november 29. Heard it long ago as a live recording has been on Youtube since februari (I think). It's a damn great song, though only a remix is available right not. The original is better.