Synthwave-Retrowave # 80s Neon music thread

antipod

Oct 30, 2017
The Maxthor album has been out a couple of days and it's great. Other than that there are some interesting releases today/this week.

Like this Waveshaper remix.

Shane

Oct 25, 2017
Yessss.. new September 87. Fantastic track! (and yes, apparently I like tracks with Malibu in the title, also, Light Years from Droid Bishop is great too!)

antipod

Oct 30, 2017
Well, it's time again Shane :)

Only listened to half the album so far. As usual, the music is great. He is really good with melodies and I like his distinct sound so I find it hard to not like any release of him.

But... I find some of the vocals a bit distracting and I think I would prefer some of the songs completely instrumental. 'Not a game' though is really fantastic.

Well, onward to the last couple of tracks.

Shane

Oct 25, 2017
Lovely. Thanks for the heads up antipod

I'll give it a listen soon. Haven't paid much attention to new releases over the last little while, so appreciate it.

Shane

Oct 25, 2017
I think it's great! Fantastic release, love the vocal tracks as I usually have from previous releases.

What?! I missed this release from MicroMatscenes last week.

Last edited:

antipod

Oct 30, 2017
Shane indeed, been wondering what she's been up to.

Also, this friday is up for a good start...

It was in my release radar, although the video is a couple of days old. Another fantastic release by Ace Buchannon (after Come Alive) and Primo.

Edit: Ohh, it's been out for a week on Bandcamp. Adding that one instead of the Youtube link.

Edit2: The DJP and Powernerd track is also pretty good.

Last edited:

Shane

Oct 25, 2017
Giving me pretty big Fm84/Ollie Wride vibes. Diggin it!
Glad you're enjoying it! I can see the comparison to Ollie Wride's solo stuff I can see, but not really FM-84. It's got more of the AOR/synthrock sound, like ARIZONA, The Night Game, Magic Dance imo. Vocalist tends to channel a mix of Bono/Freddie Mercury as well.