• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Psyborg

Aug 6, 2018
Hey ERA I need your help. I'm not well versed in the realm of Synthwave but managed to get my friend hooked on it too.

His birthday is coming up and I want to get him a new vinyl for his collection. He already has an album by Mitch Murder, the Stranger Things and Kung Fury soundtrack that he really likes.

Can anyone recommend me a vinyl that's similar to those? I myself would recommend Myrone but I can't find a vinyl of his work.

The record label I'm on Rosso Corsa has teamed up with Electric Purification Records to put their back catalog on vinyl. Betamax, Lost Years etc.

Deleted member 2317

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
a2386517353_16.jpg

I usually avoid MAVS but this album is so sublime! Thanks thread for being great as usual.

thehorror

Banned
Nov 29, 2017
Another heavy synthwave album that I think is amazing, this one's more akin to Carpenter Brut

The drop at 2:00 on the first track...well you'll get the influence. My favorite track is Engraved On Metal @ 36:35. It's more videogame influenced, almost has a MASTER BOOT RECORD sound to it. The part around 39:30 in that song is out of control.

Vulta's music https://vulta.bandcamp.com/album/sigils All of the albums are Name Your Price. I have only checked out Sigils so far, but the whole album is basically a classic imo.

Shane

Oct 25, 2017
I saw the movie last night, I enjoyed it a lot (and Le Matos' soundtrack). A lot of people are going to write it off as riding the bandwagon of Stranger Things but it does it's own thing with the "group of friends investigating a mystery in 80's suburban America" trope.

SPOILERS

The threat is very grounded, real and dark AF. The fact that the kids are up against an adult serial killer and it's treated with the dead-seriousness the subject has in the real world gives it a unique edge and doesn't draw comparisons to other, similar setups like Stranger Things or Goonies.

Just finished watching Summer of 84 myself. Wanted to really love it... but.. found it kinda boring actually. Soundtrack from Le Matos was great, but the movie just never really grabbed me.

Why was there no police protection at the end? Killer on the loose, Davey would know he's next, shouldn't there be cops watching his family? How did Mackey slip in to their house unnoticed and no one watching?? Just a dumb plot point that led to the climax of the movie..

NTGYK

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Confrontational's conclusion to his Horror Synth Tryptych, The Burning Dawn, was fucking amazing. Queen of Vengeance all night long pls

Oct 25, 2017
VIC, AUSTRALIA
Another heavy synthwave album that I think is amazing, this one's more akin to Carpenter Brut

The drop at 2:00 on the first track...well you'll get the influence. My favorite track is Engraved On Metal @ 36:35. It's more videogame influenced, almost has a MASTER BOOT RECORD sound to it. The part around 39:30 in that song is out of control.

Vulta's music https://vulta.bandcamp.com/album/sigils All of the albums are Name Your Price. I have only checked out Sigils so far, but the whole album is basically a classic imo.

Holy shit this is fantastic

Shane

Oct 25, 2017
New Scandroid album shaping up to be a bit of everything. Phoenix is a rockin track.

Mush

Nov 1, 2017

Anyone else fans of these guys? I was listening to their most recent work before this (Visions) when I randomly clicked their Spotify profile page and found that they had dropped this just a few weeks back. I had only stumbled upon them only like a month prior too.

Same thing happened when I randomly clicked on Judge Bitch's profile to find they had released new material back in June.

Shane

Oct 25, 2017
No one must pay attention to my posts :) I posted that Scandroid track too. Mentioned how the album looks to have a good mix of everything from the few singles already.

New single from The Bad Dreamers is awesome, can't wait for the full debut album.

Should be a new Wolf and Raven album out as well tomorrow, so that should be pretty great.

SolVanderlyn

I love pineapple on pizza!
Oct 28, 2017
Earth, 21st Century
No one must pay attention to my posts :) I posted that Scandroid track too. Mentioned how the album looks to have a good mix of everything from the few singles already.

New single from The Bad Dreamers is awesome, can't wait for the full debut album.

Should be a new Wolf and Raven album out as well tomorrow, so that should be pretty great.

Oh no! Sorry I missed your post. It's even on this page, woops.

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
My worlds are colliding: the latest Bon Appétit video features a whole side conversation about Timecop1983:

Shane

Oct 25, 2017

JetBlackPanda

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Echo Base
Kids is really good. Kind of gives me feels.

Feels a little short because I've listened to America 2 and lost boys like 800 times

alr1ght

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, all the songs that are just songs are great. The dumb interludes and news clips interspersed are pretty annoying.

antipod

Oct 30, 2017
My one complaint too. I want more! Just feels like a great EP instead of a LP :(.

While I do agree on that we all need to remember they released an EP last year and an album two years ago. They are human after all. :)

Compare to Gunship's album in two weeks that have 13 tracks, probably no fillers or interludes, that took three years to come out.

Don't really know which kind of release cycle I prefer though.

KalBalboa

Oct 30, 2017
Massachusetts
Kids is really good. Kind of gives me feels.

Feels a little short because I've listened to America 2 and lost boys like 800 times

Yeah, I'm in the same space. I've listened to America 2 a stupid amount of times.

I almost wish they'd save their singles for the full album release, but man... I get impatient and just want more.

That being said, I might think twice before buying their singles going forward. I pre ordered the album after buying the singles... and the interludes with news clips, etc, feel like a bit of a monetary waste.