• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Guts Of Thor

Oct 25, 2017
Listened to The Midnight's entire discography before the release of Kids and can't help but feel that it's their weakest by far. It's good but that's about it. Outside of America 2 and Lost Boy, the rest of the album is pretty forgettable.

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
Listened to The Midnight's entire discography before the release of Kids and can't help but feel that it's their weakest by far. It's good but that's about it. Outside of America 2 and Lost Boy, the rest of the album is pretty forgettable.

Yeah, I really wasn't feeling it either :/ I've got Days of Thunder arriving soon, and it'll be right at home next to Nocturnal and the Qrates pressing of Endless Summer.

Shane

Oct 25, 2017
Well I can't get that melody of Kids out of my head. Love that track, great guitar work too.

While I do agree on that we all need to remember they released an EP last year and an album two years ago. They are human after all. :)

Compare to Gunship's album in two weeks that have 13 tracks, probably no fillers or interludes, that took three years to come out.

Don't really know which kind of release cycle I prefer though.

I know I know, quality vs quantity, etc etc. I suppose I just was hoping for something more substantial. Not sure which I'd prefer either, nice to get an EP style release in a timely fashion, but we always want more and get a little spoiled on that. lol

antipod

Oct 30, 2017
I know I know, quality vs quantity, etc etc. I suppose I just was hoping for something more substantial. Not sure which I'd prefer either, nice to get an EP style release in a timely fashion, but we always want more and get a little spoiled on that. lol

I kind of like that they release smaller releases with different themes. The problem here is that it was hyped as an album release. Had they said it was a new EP no one had felt a bit let down, I think.

Really like Explorers.

antipod

Oct 30, 2017
Saw yesterday that Dana Jean Phoenix had released a new album some weeks ago. Was it mentioned here? Don't think I remember seeing that.

a2078169270_10.jpg

Some ok tracks. Far and away is pretty good though.

ZeroDivide

Oct 27, 2017

Just listened to the whole album too a couple of times, and pretty much feel the same way. I am digging the track Explorers for something chill though. Wanted to go to their concert today at Ford Theater here in LA, but had prior engagements :(

Shane

Oct 25, 2017
Saw yesterday that Dana Jean Phoenix had released a new album some weeks ago. Was it mentioned here? Don't think I remember seeing that.

a2078169270_10.jpg

Some ok tracks. Far and away is pretty good though.

How did I miss this one? Awesome album so far. Big production, great sound. Red Line could've fooled me as a Carpenter Brut track remix.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Trevor Something seems to be releasing a new album soon called Ultraparanoia. Another big genre change from the sounds of it - seems to be moving back towards a Death Dream-styled industrial sound but with Aphex-Twin influenced IDM based on this new track - but I wonder if some of his recent singles will be on there; the last four singles he released before this one (A Man With No Face, Playin' Me, Your Eyes and Isolated) have all been some of his best work.

alr1ght

Oct 25, 2017
Speaking of The Midnight, does anyone know WTF the lyrics of the latter part of the chorus is from Shadows? It's not listed on the official lyrics and the ones posted elsewhere don't make sense.

Neon (?) city
Shadows downtown
Neon (?) city

Among? On ? In the?

slinch

Jan 20, 2018
It's amazing to me that everyone hears a different thing and any of them could be right :)

I rarely pay attention to lyrics, so I haven't a clue.

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
Ooh, the "Days of Thunder" vinyl sounds soooo good :)

Shane

Oct 25, 2017
Going to listen to the new Ollie Wride track soon.

Keep an eye out for a release from Jay Diggs. Black Heart is awesome.

Guts Of Thor

Oct 25, 2017
The remastered version of Night Drive with You from Anoraak was released today. Really enjoying listening to it as it sounds better than the original. This album was my gateway into synthwave.

Shane

Oct 25, 2017
The remastered version of Night Drive with You from Anoraak was released today. Really enjoying listening to it as it sounds better than the original. This album was my gateway into synthwave.

Really excited to listen to this. Thanks for pointing it out. Like you it was definitely an early synthwave album for me.

Tankard

Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
Finally got to listen to the new Midnight.
Yep, i'm disappointed on this one, got more vibes from this Gunship album teaser than Midnight's entire new album.
Sad as he is my favourite.

Shane

Oct 25, 2017
I like Kids the more I listen. Sure it's short, but so it is goes.

Excited to see them live on Friday!

Sir Hound

Oct 28, 2017
So excited for tomorrow. I don't wanna get my
Hopes up but so far I think it could turn out even better than the first

Deleted member 15632

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Early impressions of Dark All Day: its very different to their debut album - so not really fair to compare the two.
Standout track (for me personally) is Thrasher - which although only 5min15sec long just feels epic.

Can't wait for the music videos to be released alongside the tracks!

TLDR: its fucking amazing, buy it and support this band

Deleted member 20202

User Requested Account Deletion
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Cymru
Yeah I've been absorbing it on my commute this morning. Thrasher is a highlight as is Honour among thieves.

Got an early NIN vibe from a few tracks. Seeing as I got pretty hate machine on cassette in 89 it counts as 80's synth.

And the Carpenter love is even more apparent this time. Basically I love it and yeah it's in contention for my album of the year

gitrektali

Feb 22, 2018
Man, fuckkkk. Did you guys see the music video for When You Grow Up, Your Heart Dies? I had a smile on my face throughout. So many feels. It's all fan contributed material.